IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

ayyy finally put that advertisement parody thing online for you lane ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcrgegumyj0pgbp/Martin_Peploe_%20Sonic_Intervention.mp3?dl=0

Hahaha! This is awesome man!! Is there a video going to made too?

Love this man, can i put it on my soundcloud when its all ready?

Dude, im totally honored! :D

<3 <3

Aesthetically, the following vid has got it down, and it's so genuine, it seems fake (cuz it was, even then-- cuz it's hyperreal fakeness realness- then it's an infinite loop of wtf is what, mang, etc.). WHAT ARE REAL AESTHETICS, MYAAAAAN.....

This is good for listening to vaporwave over, with orig vid on silent. ...Cuz the actual vid is Bolo Yeung with fake teeth singing Chattanooga Choo Choo:

[youtubehd]-EeE4B559uA[/youtubehd]

yeah sure you can put it up, the last track is coma cat by tensnake if you want to credit it btw

unfortunately no video as it was just an audio piece we needed to submit, video would have been hard for me i think

Awesome, thanks brother! (:

Aesthetically, the following vid has got it down, and it's so genuine, it seems fake (cuz it was, even then-- cuz it's hyperreal fakeness realness- then it's an infinite loop of wtf is what, mang, etc.). WHAT ARE REAL AESTHETICS, MYAAAAAN.....

This is good for listening to vaporwave over, with orig vid on silent. ...Cuz the actual vid is Bolo Yeung with fake teeth singing Chattanooga Choo Choo:

[youtubehd]-EeE4B559uA[/youtubehd]

Haha, perrrrfect! i like the visuals too, but this music is also awesome lol

^nice Verdant, digging that digital harp thing (:

Whoa... Bleep.com selling Dream Catalogue's new vaporwave compilation on cassette. This is huge!

https://bleep.com/release/62089-various-artists-the-eternal-dream-system

yeah ordered that, it's the second run of 100, first sold out

it's the first dream catalogue tape i've bought, figured it be a good one to start with, maybe the last too considering the price

had no idea bleep was selling it

Whoa... Bleep.com selling Dream Catalogue's new vaporwave compilation on cassette. This is huge!

it's the first dream catalogue tape i've bought, figured it be a good one to start with, maybe the last too considering the price

Nice man! Youll have to lmk how is sounds when it arrives.. Was thinking of buying it too, but tight on cash atm...

Man, we should all totally have a watmm/vaporwave meetup lol.. So specific it would be awesome- hardcore aphex/idm fans who are also into vaporwave heh

I imagine most of the ppl in the vapor community are in their teens /early 20s at the most, so a lot of em prob aren't too familiar with the aphex catalogue, although ive met a few 90s kids who into aphex, so who knows

Edited by Lane Visitor

Nice man! Youll have to lmk how is sounds when it arrives.. Was thinking of buying it too, but tight on cash atm...

Man, we should all totally have a watmm/vaporwave meetup lol.. So specific it would be awesome- hardcore aphex/idm fans who are also into vaporwave heh

I imagine most of the ppl in the vapor community are in their teens /early 20s at the most, so a lot of em prob aren't too familiar with the aphex catalogue, although ive met a few 90s kids who into aphex, so who knows

yeah i really bit the bullet and ordered it, moneys tight with me too (i have a never-fufilled cassette wishlist at all times)

i too wonder what teens / early 20s kids listen to, the ones into vaporwave i mean, when I first heard Aphex in 2004 I was introduced to RDJ album so I was into the drill n' bass and very complex IDM for years, but now I like his earlier stuff more...early 90s techno and rephlex braindance / early WARP catalogue releases would probably be a lot more appealing to these young vaporwave fans but who knows...a lot of them like "future funk" but that's mostly mediocre daft punk ripoff stuff - they don't seem to even remember the mid-00s bloghouse scene

when I first heard Aphex in 2004 I was introduced to RDJ album so I was into the drill n' bass and very complex IDM for years, but now I like his earlier stuff more...

remember the mid-00s bloghouse scene

Nice! Yeah rdj album was one of my first too, but i think the come to daddy vid on mtv was my first actual exposure, then icbyd / come to daddy ep / surfing on sine waves / saw 2... Then the obsession all began lol

Bloghouse! Of course.. Almost forgot myself lol back when electrohouse and indie dance punk merged and artists like Boyz Noize, Shinichi Osawa, Van She, The Whip etc were all lumped into a single term "bloghouse" lol .. I actually remember how much fun it was to go to my local indie dance weekly and be drinking a stella with my buddies (who dont know dance music), and then hear the dj spin an Arcade Fire dance punk remix or The Rapture or The Whip (and the more obscure artists- the better), and get all psyched and go crazy on the dancefloor :D good times

Totally off subject, my fav hipster dance night was l without a doubt, News Years Eve with Peter Hook of New Order / Joy Division djing... It was in a tiny shitty club with mirrors on every wall and ceiling, and mirrored disco balls everwhere, and Peter Hook was playing everything from obscure New Order remixes to Underworld 12" extended mixes, and all kinds of stuff from the Hacienda days... Got to meet him and had a drunken cheers or something with him (cant remember, a lot of the night was a blur) anyway, that night was euphoric

Edited by Lane Visitor

Super good release, Blank.. love that one..

Speaking of Adhesive Sounds, I'm releasing my next Donovan EP on that label, with a cassette coming August 14th.. Totally new direction for Donovan - dark, filmscore, ambient feel, and It will be a heavy concept EP based on Consumer Recreation Services from the David Fincher film, "The Game". all original production/composition as usual.. I just finished this video for one of the tracks from the release.. hope you guys like it, thanks!

Edited by Lane Visitor

cool stuff lane! where do you get that sax sound? it sounds recorded but also pitched in a steppy midi fashion in parts. this is really nice though, loving this new direction.

also thanks for the youtube vids, salv

Thanks Mesh, really appreciate that!

So the sax sound I use for Donovan stuff is just some cheap free midi synth sax vst i found by googling a while back... Heres a link if youre interested:

http://www.dreamvortex.co.uk/instruments/

Glad you dig the new direction, getting nice response so far. This whole concept tied to the movie and the darker mysterious sound is really what's been inspiring me lately. Also 90's acid house, new jack swing grooves, trip hop etc. The additional secret cassette / scavenger hunt attached to the CRS 2.0 release is gonna be really fun. I just finished the diy 10 track secret CRS tape full of experimental, ambient and drone work that will be hidden somewhere, and only one copy exists. If anyone wants to know more, they can join the game by DMimg me their email and ill start sending objectives etc (:

Edited by Lane Visitor