IGNORED

Vaporwave

Nebraska

Literally slept through the period it was available on tape. Going to snag a second run hopefully in a couple weeks.

Also, Dream Catalogue is apparently coming to an end. HKE is starting a new label though.

Literally slept through the period it was available on tape. Going to snag a second run hopefully in a couple weeks.

Also, Dream Catalogue is apparently coming to an end. HKE is starting a new label though.

Such an awesome comp, right?... I just re-read hke's essay, and it looks like its hong kong express (dc's owner) that's coming to an end rather than dream catalogue- i guess he's going to be "hke" now, and make other styles than vapor.

^ well said... One thing I liked about the o.g. vapor is how weird and slightly dark its undercurrents were. Don't get me wrong, I love ambient and future funk, and (some) vaportrap, but there's something undeniable about early eccojams / chopped and screwed smooth jazz/muzak/80s and the corporate training video aspects that's just so much fun and weird. With that said, I also love where it's evolving, and I think it's going to keep growing strong, while still keeping its essence and feel.

any opinions on really minimalist stuff like The Internet Club with https://internetclub.bandcamp.com/album/- ?

I like most of the ambient and noise leaning vaporwave, often it's the most appealing to me. telepath テレパシー能力者 gets pretty moody too sometimes though it's still pretty classic in formula

any opinions on really minimalist stuff like The Internet Club with https://internetclub.bandcamp.com/album/- ?

I like most of the ambient and noise leaning vaporwave, often it's the most appealing to me. telepath テレパシー能力者 gets pretty moody too sometimes though it's still pretty classic in formula

+1

Internet Club is the epitome of vaporwave to me.

digging the vibe of some of that internet club stuff but the untrimmed sample clipping sound really ruins it for me. Is this generally considered part of the aesthetic?

Same here. That clipping just sounds like it's done poorly.

All the japanese kanji letters and japanese vox etc. It's cool and everything but doesn't it bother anyone that you don't know what it actually says?

digging the vibe of some of that internet club stuff but the untrimmed sample clipping sound really ruins it for me. Is this generally considered part of the aesthetic?

for sure.. it can be unnerving a tad for me too, but i guess that's also in a way, part of the experience.... i do feel that some of the clipping and bad edits are part of the whole package when it comes to Internet Club.

All the japanese kanji letters and japanese vox etc. It's cool and everything but doesn't it bother anyone that you don't know what it actually says?

but it's strangely not poor enough for me to consider it bad.. it walks a fine line i think.. what's intriguing about IC, for me, is that there is such a profound and perfectly executed emotional effect in much of their work (for example- Redefining The Workplace LP), that it's hard to believe that any of the digital clipping, artifacts etc were done due to sloppiness/laziness.

but it's strangely not poor enough for me to consider it bad.. it walks a fine line i think.. what's intriguing about IC, for me, is that there is such a profound and perfectly executed emotional effect in much of their work (for example- Redefining The Workplace LP), that it's hard to believe that any of the digital clipping, artifacts etc were done due to sloppiness/laziness.

Yeah. I guess I wasn't in the right state of mind when listening to IC.

IC sounds like it's more about the Idea and atmosphere than ear candy tracks with cool sounds. I guess I should take a new listen with a bit more artsy approach.