IGNORED

Stone age tribe kill fishermen

lumpenprol

ok this is old news from 2006 but I just stumbled across it. Pretty cool, who knew that off the coast of burma is an island inhabited by a stone-age people who have had very minimal contact with the modern world, because they attack and kill anyone who comes near? Even has a cool name, Sentinel island.

northsentinel_islandinline.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/1509987/Stone-Age-tribe-kills-fishermen-who-strayed-on-to-island.html

I think it's more likely that it's just so fucking completely outside their realm of experience that they are bewildered and scared of it. Look at the cargo cult stuff in Irian Jaya/Papua New Guinea. They had no clue what an airplane could be - is it a god? a devil?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_people

I always find these people have a very distinct appearance that doesn't line up with any one of the major races. I bet back in cave times there were all sorts of micro-races of humans that almost looked like entirely different species

Look how red their skin is... fascinating!

Also, imagine how much this must have fucked up their society. Seeing that helicopter must have created quite a tidal wave in their lores, religion, etc. I wonder if they're telling stories about it through some kind of vocal or written language that will be passed on to their children. I wonder what they think it was.

This article comes to mind

http://www.forteantimes.com/strangedays/science/20/questioning_perceptual_blindness.html

the indian people in that video are so fucking rude. and yeah the people that flew over that tribe in brazil too...

anthropologically the best thing to do to preserve these micro-cultres is to just leave them alone entirely. it's pretty uncool to document their locations on wiki like that, even

You could camp over on the beach for a few years and eat only your own feces in sandwiches, gain their trust slowly and allow them to observe you eating your own shit. Show them a deck of cards and slowly teach them how to play simple games as you eat your shit sandwiches. Just keep eating your feces until one of them is stupid enough to copy. Haha you won. Idiots ate their shit. And what's more, you survived. You can return and explain to the world how you did it.

I think inherently they must be able to sense that letting anyone contact them will destroy their society and are like 'fuck no. i don't want any of that.'

I think that's a big part of it, they have to have seen planes and such and must know to a degree that there is a world outside their tribe... However they probably see the technology as evil like a demon of sorts...

The thought of a tribe still so untouched in this day and age is fascinating, however I think it'd be best to observe from great distance rather than disturb them,

You could camp over on the beach for a few years and eat only your own feces in sandwiches, gain their trust slowly and allow them to observe you eating your own shit. Show them a deck of cards and slowly teach them how to play simple games as you eat your shit sandwiches. Just keep eating your feces until one of them is stupid enough to copy. Haha you won. Idiots ate their shit. And what's more, you survived. You can return and explain to the world how you did it.

... And voilà Club 18-30 is born.

I understand what Salvatorin is saying but it's like going on Goldeneye and insisting on only using the chop. That's their approach to life. No-one will ever complete Goldeneye with the chop, it's impossible.

would be funny to fly over and drop down an mp3 player with a really long battery life and a copy of Confield on it, and then come back in 10 years

lol. Possible idea for 'The Gods Must Be Crazy part IV' right there

Here's a list on cracked.com of some of the more interesting stories, including one about this Aborigine group in Australia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_people

I always find these people have a very distinct appearance that doesn't line up with any one of the major races. I bet back in cave times there were all sorts of micro-races of humans that almost looked like entirely different species

That's true of many of the groups in South Asia and East Asia especially - the ones who genetically are closer to the first wave of humans to leave Africa than any other ethnic group.

I've always been fascinated by such people since reading about a stone age tribe being discovered in the Philippines in elementary school - a story since (the book I read was old) revealed as an exaggerated hoax. Apparently few years ago REAL footage and photographs (the ones in the wikipedia article) of uncontacted people in Brazil, filmed from aircraft, were deemed "hoaxes" by most media outlets even though the evidence was credible.

It's depressing to think as the Brazilian government and conservation groups keep discovering these tribes and scramble to protect them illegal logging and drug smuggling keep coming across them as well. After all, just over a century ago and such groups were killed off in authorized genocide - I read a book about Darwin's journey on the HMS Beagle and he mention a few individuals of Fuegians he met. Every single tribe of Tierra de Fuego was killed off or imprisoned for gold mining in the area in the late 19th century. The last woman of full-blood died in 1974. It's debated if they were actually closer related to the indigenous people of Australia. I'm sure some of these uncontacted people will have to deal with missionaries too at some point. Came across this nonsense when I googled one of the Amazon tribe names.

I understand what Salvatorin is saying but it's like going on Goldeneye and insisting on only using the chop. That's their approach to life. No-one will ever complete Goldeneye with the chop, it's impossible.

lol

Archived