IGNORED

Favourite "On" remix?

chenGOD

I once played 'On' on the jukebox at a pub and when I sat down realized it was playing the D-scape mix, nobody saw me and the atmosphere of the place got real weird

Hahah, I think you've told this story before. Didn't you say that people were trying to stop the machine from playing it or something (it's like 13 minutes long iirc). I wish I could've been there.

Edit: or was that you who told it? Says your join date is August of last year. I swear someone told a story within the past few years about starting the D-Scape mix in a pub and things getting awkward.

I once played 'On' on the jukebox at a pub and when I sat down realized it was playing the D-scape mix, nobody saw me and the atmosphere of the place got real weird

Hahah, I think you've told this story before. Didn't you say that people were trying to stop the machine from playing it or something (it's like 13 minutes long iirc). I wish I could've been there.

Edit: or was that you who told it? Says your join date is August of last year. I swear someone told a story within the past few years about starting the D-Scape mix in a pub and things getting awkward.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/60655-ever-heard-an-aphex-track-while-going-out/page-2

I can see how that might make you a tad unpopular in a pub...

Just thought I'd bump my previous post that got lost at the end of the last page:

Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread, but I wanted to question this persistent theory that the "28 Mix" is the 28th track from the SAWII sessions; has there ever been any "official" confirmation of this?

I also see a lot of comments saying it bears no relation to the original "On", but I disagree; you can faintly hear the piano melody in the background starting from about 1:39. It is clearly just a very ambient remix of the original, with some elements slowed down drastically and drowned with reverb.
I reckon the "28" comes from some technical aspect of the mix (reverb depth, tempo etc.) rather than any tenuous relation with the SAWII tracklist. Any thoughts?

p.s. great thread.. On EP/Remix is still to me one of the most enchanting, magical and soothing releases that rdj has put out. Of course the SAWs are in that category but theres something just perfect about On in that it's short, sweet and feels like a free-form yet loosely conceptual package. Truly sound like it was made at 4 am on the verge of sleep.

D-Scape mix is fucking delicious. right back when i was getting into AFX (around the time this thread got started) this was one of those virgin tracks that completely blew my mind. i think my love for the D-scape mix has grown even more since then. it's like nothing he's ever done before, but i can't think of anyone other than RDJ who would be able to make it. the gentle people remix (journey) is another favourite, and i really hope one day we get to hear more of this trancey, repetitive side of RDJ.

speaking of the SAW2 connection, i'm very sure that the Bradley's Robot EP (released the same year, wasn't it?) could well be from the same sessions as some of the SAW2 tracks. there are definitely connections between windowsill and track A1, as well as hexagon and track B1. and A2 and B2 wouldn't sound out of place with blur, weathered stone and shiny metal rods.

I reckon the "28" comes from some technical aspect of the mix (reverb depth, tempo etc.) rather than any tenuous relation with the SAWII tracklist. Any thoughts?

you don't say? well, try this on for size:

73-Yips + On (28) Mix = 101 rainbows (ambient mix)

:rhubear3::rhubear2::rhubear1:

Reload Mix was the 2nd track I ever heard by Tom Middleton & Mark Pritchard

OMG it's a global communication remix?! somewhow I never noticed this...! and it's right there in discogs...

thanks for the info. I like the 'ziq mix more, but both it and the reload mixes are two of my favorite tracks ever...

Reload Mix was the 2nd track I ever heard by Tom Middleton & Mark Pritchard

OMG it's a global communication remix?! somewhow I never noticed this...! and it's right there in discogs...

thanks for the info. I like the 'ziq mix more, but both it and the reload mixes are two of my favorite tracks ever...

PS

for some reasons I'm crazy about those few bass hits in the 'ziq mix that are longer and deaper than the others. IIRC they come in pairs, and there are two pairs total? maybe? happen near the climaxes of each section?

Archived