IGNORED

Marvel Movies [formerly MCU]

Rubin Farr

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks surprisingly good. I haven't seen a grand scale scifi movie with this type of tone since 5th Element.

Pitch Black... or more importantly, it's sequel had great potential to do grand scale sci-fi space opera bollocks.

The way Chronicles of Riddick ended set it up like a Conan (the barbarian) in space. It's a bad film, don't get me wrong. It spends around 30mins on the same dusty-planet set and it's horrendous.

But for the third film they've apparently bottled it and just reshot the first film.

I guess Marvel have the money, critical acclaim and franchise to get away with whatever they want now.

The music and style seem somewhat Tarantino-esque to me, I guess because that same song was used in Reservior Dogs. Like, they're going for a pop, fun, but Tarantino kind of vibe.

The film will be filled with 70s and 80s music bc the only item Peter Quill took with him from earth as a child was his Walkman and mixtapes, apparently there will be plenty of 80s references throughout.

Edited by Rubin Farr

I agree, this will top all other Marvel films thus far....thank you James Gunn, you are a supreme bad ass....

watch Slither and Super if you have not yet...love them movies.

I'm not hooked on their feeling. I don't like it's look. Will watch it because i need to contribute more to the films recently watched threads, that'll be my excuse, should i choose to accept it.

• 2 months later...

One thing Ive noticed lately is that all the Marvel posters look terrible, be it composition, poor photoshop, incorrect perspective etc. Its quite odd considering the heavy usage of effects in the films themselves.

she even plays one in real-life

"The craziest place [i've had sex] -- I am a part of the Mile High Club," Saldana said, according to Page Six. "Okay, this is ghetto, but hey, I’m from Queens, whatever.There is a train from Coney Island all the way back into the city, and in between two train cars. It was super ghetto."