IGNORED

Vangelis - Blade Runner

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

That's a joke of a price for what's on offer. Why so pared down? Many of the bootlegs (Esper, Gongo, etc.) did a far superior job to the originally compiled soundtrack. The 25th Anniversary compilation was serviceable, but with way too much filler. Still, for $30/£30 I'd at least have expected a compiled selection like that, not a single slab of red vinyl's worth.

A shame Death Waltz couldn't get hold of it, they've been doing a great job with their reissues.

That is obscenely overpriced. And as good as it is, I spend the whole soundtrack waiting for the end title track, which is one of the greatest pieces of music ever created.

One of the best soundtracks fo sho but $43.99?! For a single LP? Am I missing something? It's basically 30 min per side.

180 g with <15 min per side is what i consider as quality vinyl that could justify the price, maybe.

...tho I could buy this and sell it for double/triple on Discogs. :p

Now I have to watch the movie; it's been a while...2 weeks maybe. :)

Nice.

BTW I'm curious what everyone thought of the 3-disc release with all the extra 90's Vangelis stuff.

The 25th Anniversary remaster of the original CD release sounds soo much better

A-ha! One small point...>>> Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio

They couldn't find better option IMO! I will probably buy this.

Pointless release.

Anyone who wants to hear this soundtrack should seek out the Esper Edition as someone already mentioned. Way better.

Actually, it's probably unsurpassable.

Guest Ron Manager

wow, i'm getting a total price of £14.64 to have that amazon.ca one shipped standard (they say 6-8 weeks, i'm sure quicker though...) to the UK. can this be right?

edit: or still only £17.63 for 1-2 week delivery...

wow, i'm getting a total price of £14.64 to have that amazon.ca one shipped standard (they say 6-8 weeks, i'm sure quicker though...) to the UK. can this be right?

edit: or still only £17.63 for 1-2 week delivery...

It could be right. What's the worst that could happen? If price go up or if they never get the vinyls will they offer money back? I believe so.

Bleep can fuck the fuck off at 30 quid for a 1x12''

Plus isn't a red translucent material going to take away the audio benefits of a 180g pressing ?

It's so not worth it. The Esper bootleg released years ago is the definitive edition, contains every piece of music in the film including all the incidental stuff. It was lovingly compiled and stitched into one seamless flow by Blade Runner fans and runs to almost two hours in length. Sound quality is also very nice.

No, it's fine. Pictured vinyls can be problematic.

Bleep can fuck the fuck off at 30 quid for a 1x12''
Plus isn't a red translucent material going to take away the audio benefits of a 180g pressing ?

Ah OK - I was thinking of the brown SAW II album (which I've heard sounds pretty shitty). I'm wondering if that was pressed using the same method as is used for making picture discs, but they used a single colour on the surface, rather than using actual brown vinyl.

Archived