IGNORED

Do you guys also get aroused by sound?

producer snafu

The problem with those videos is that as a straight male, a girl whispering and blowing into my ear is always going to be a turn-on. All I had to do to realize that there is something wrong with these videos was watch one where it's a bloke doing it.

The sensation I get from 'noisy' (for lack of a better term, I mean noise kind of as in static) music feels like a more pure, non-arousing version of it to be honest. Also, maybe I'm stating the obvious but when you turn up the volume to hear the whispering and the quiet sounds in those videos, you naturally get more ambient noise and static too, and I'm completely convinced that plays a big part in it. For me at least.

Here's another track that always gets me:

Edited by manmower

no one is forcing you to reply to me either.

Im just saying, if you're uncomfortable about the material, you could just leave the topic instead of whining about how gross it is. Also, ASMR isn't even sexual, it's not like we're wanking to this stuff.

Im just saying, if you're uncomfortable about the material, you could just leave the topic instead of whining about how gross it is. Also, ASMR isn't even sexual, it's not like we're wanking to this stuff.

wtf? every post has talked about masturbation

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

wtf? every post has talked about masturbation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arousal

Get your mind out of the gutter

Following up on static being a better trigger for me, I found that some of these ASMR videos are exactly that, recordings of the kinds of static noises that have this effect on me (eg.

).

These are much more effective for me than some stranger whispering and doing stupid shit on a video. And they should make it clear that there's really nothing sexual or particularly arousing/exciting about it.

I'm getting a pretty good understanding now of the constellation of sounds that works for me and it's pretty close to what some SAW85-92 or Basic Channel tracks sound like, a combination of hiss, crackle, pops, crunchy sounds like those hi-hats, and generally muffled, low-pass kind of sound. It's almost inspiring me to try making music again for the first time in years, lol.

Guest isaki

this thread is seriously disgusting. whispers are fucking gross guys, come on.

maybe so but that doesn't mean ASMR is disgusting, it could be the sound of tapping, scratching (etc.) that relaxes you. stop clicking on this thread if you're going to keep on whining, and if you really want it locked, report it and leave it in the hands of a mod/Joyrex

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Yes, by the plaintive cries of the desert rain frog. It gives me the 'orn.

OMG that's disgusting

It does, does it?.....*practices squeaking in mirror*

edit/ this is giving me some serious neck shivers with the whispering at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZCb1vyMni8

Edited by GRVGLTCHR

Pendulum's "The Island" (the full track, not that split two-part bastardization) gives me goosebumps everywhere when everything cuts out in the middle and starts building into a sister Dutch House track... It makes me want a fog machine, strobe lights, lasers, and boundless energy. But mostly intense goosebumps everywhere.

OMG that's disgusting

If you think that's disgusting then don't watch the video of the chimp and the frog whatever you do.

I love those ASMR videos on YouTube - I get loads of mad tingles on my head and neck, it feels amazing. It's a bit like the relaxed feeling I get watching 'The Joy of Painting' with Bob Ross. It's not sexual - more sensual, like getting a head massage or something.