sorry for the lack of trans men in the list :( dunno why I am not familiar with enough.

I've read an opinion piece regarding the relative invisibility of trans men compared to trans women in public discourse, and how it's another manifestation of misogyny, what would your thoughts on that be?

I'm inclined to agree, although I think a large unsung part of that is just the general perviness of cis men

link to the piece?

Sorry I was looking for it when I first made the post but I can't find it :(

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to disagree with you there re:less likely in Europe but decided to check the numbers. Seems the US def has the hi score so far, ugh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unlawfully_killed_transgender_people#2018

Sharp increase in 2012 and again in 2015. I wonder whether the chance of being killed also increased, or it's just that the amount of transgenders sharply increased as well (due to better/available options to change gender) that increases the incidence of death by violence along with it. But that doesn't look like it could explain the increase, as you would have seen something similar internationally. (which to a certain extent it is, but not in the way that explains those increases in the us)

I hate to say it, but somethings happening in the US and it scares me a bit. (read: i suspect some shady people pooring money into creating conflict (russian donations into the NRA for example??), with the effect of ...more conflict..)

*puts on thinfoil cap*

But there IS a difference between women and transwomen?

In a purely reproductive sense I suppose, but kissing a trans woman won't make you gay dw ;)

There's this idea that trans women are being deceitful if they don't immediately divulge their trans status before any sort of physical contact, like they have HIV or something.

Should a man with a micropenis divulge that information on a first date? Should a lady with extra long dangly fanny flaps warn a man about it before they've shared their first kiss?

Sexual stuff (lately) has gained acceptance much quicker than say race. Or I'm told. I am not a minority. So, I don't know the experience.  We've been wishy washy in the sex department for thousands years. 

making out seems pretty innocuous but imo at this point in the culture it is probaly best for the safety of the woman to say it before taking things further. too many people get murdered because of this madness.

No they are like vampires I believe. If you get a blowjob unknowingly from a trans person then you will become a trans

In a purely reproductive sense I suppose, but kissing a trans woman won't make you gay dw ;)

There's this idea that trans women are being deceitful if they don't immediately divulge their trans status before any sort of physical contact, like they have HIV or something.

Should a man with a micropenis divulge that information on a first date? Should a lady with extra long dangly fanny flaps warn a man about it before they've shared their first kiss?

Men and women are different in more than a reproductive sense. Come on. Look at most species on the planet and things like sexual dimorphism or whatever, the idea that the only differences are in sex organs is completely ludicrous

a big clit is a dick. Change My Mind.

Check out hyenas - they are matriarchal and the dominant female walks around with a raging clit

Men and women are different in more than a reproductive sense. Come on. Look at most species on the planet and things like sexual dimorphism or whatever, the idea that the only differences are in sex organs is completely ludicrous

a big clit is a dick. Change My Mind.

Check out hyenas - they are matriarchal and the dominant female walks around with a raging clit
this is a good doc on this (biological differeces between men and women edit:specifically differences in interest and temperament)

https://vimeo.com/19707588

Edited by MIXL2

all pictures of transgender persons should legally be required to have digitally unremovable watermark warnings declaring the sex the person in the photo was born as. we don't want anyone accidentally wanking to a big perky pair of tits but it turns out are on a woman who was born male. I want my fake tits only on women born as females

/s (if it wasn't obvious)

derp no one is denying there are biological differences between men and women. the point is do these differences really matter enough to pull a "well ackthually" on trans people.

Just responding to the "sure in a purely reproductive sense" comment

all pictures of transgender persons should legally be required to have digitally unremovable watermark warnings declaring the sex the person in the photo was born as. we don't want anyone accidentally wanking to a big perky pair of tits but it turns out are on a woman who was born male. I want my fake tits only on women born as females

slow scroll down picture only to realise dick

plus, why do i always spell realise realize ?

what if i told you, mandella effect...

Why didn't you say "we don't want anyone to rub their clit to a fat cock only to find out it belongs to a man born as a female" instead? You seem to think maleness is the norm and femaleness isn't you sexist

By explaining what you actually mean with "are". A very difficult subject. But I could explain it really well. If I tried.

By explaining what you actually mean with "are". A very difficult subject. But I could explain it really well. If I tried.

yeah I feel all discussions on this stuff come down to these kind of philosofical axioms

and so im curious as to how much of what is commonly known as male privilege has to do exclusively with being male and/or having more disagreeable/assertive personality traits..

It's a combination of

1. employing stereotypical masculinity, such as walking in a straight line and assuming everyone else will get out of your way, and
  2. other people, perceiving you as male, employing stereotypical femininity, such as walking around you so that you can do so

Which is, interestingly, formalised in old fashioned dancing, with its leader/follower dichotomy, those roles given to men and women respectively.  Only there's these rules for everything, and much like learning a language, people learn to intuit and internalise them while young rather than sitting down and reading them.  Which is another way the whole aspie thing comes into play, as such people often don't pick up on these cues.

This is why some newly-transitioned trans men (who were mistakenly raised as girls) will still walk around others even though they don't need to, and some newly-transitioned trans women (who were mistakenly raised as boys) will walk into people.  Only it applies to absolutely everything.  (Such as having the audacity to actually speak up at meetings, and other people having the politeness to actually hear you, two separate and very much related issues.)  Trans people often have pretty good insights into how bad sexism is because they have firsthand experience of seeing it from two different angles.  For instance, when Ben Barres gave a seminar after transitioning, a faculty member famously remarked how his work was "much better than his sister's".  He gave the exact same man's work more credibility when he wasn't mistaking him for a woman.

This is why we're trying a multi-pronged approach in feminism, to encourage women to be more assertive, and also to promote the idea that being less assertive isn't a bad thing.  Though these two messages can lead to infighting, I think it's important to decouple them, to realise both that women aren't inherently feminine and men aren't inherently masculine, and also that femininity is as equally valid as masculinity.

Of course, this is all a gross oversimplification.