Sign in to follow this  
lumpenprol

Sick Times

Lovely track, one of my faves on the album. It takes a little while to grow on you, it reminds me a bit of one of their remixes.

I think it's also one of the more emotionally complex tracks on the album. Funky, swinging, melancholy, hopeful.

As with the other tracks, it cuts off too quickly and descends into noodle-ville...

i love how this track ends...into boc nothingness... :music:

One reason I like the track is it isn't trying to be anything it isn't...it's not going for the grand gesture, not trying to be epic. It's just a nice little tune.

Sick Times, a nice little tune.

Yeah it's got a real concentrated energy to it and then in the second part becomes very overwhelming with its radio and voice noises.

1:46 does anyone else hear "Thank you... Kindly"?

yes it's there

Loving this tune and love the downbeat ending where you'd expect a "drop"...

When i first heard the "Thank you..." I felt like Boc is saying "thanks for waiting" directly to the listener......I mean its half-way into the album and my minds well-tripping at this stage

also the end distortion on the vocals reminds me of an Aphex Twin track vocal...

sicktimes2_zps0a09f7fc.jpg

Edited by phudoshin

so i think after repeated listens of the entire album, i think this is the only track that really ends prematurely

it certainly does, and I think the long drawn out outro is quite boring. Oh well, still my favorite groove on the album

Guest lumakey

In sick times.. you'll do anything?

When i first heard the "Thank you..." I felt like Boc is saying "thanks for waiting" directly to the listener......I mean its half-way into the album and my minds well-tripping at this stage

ha yeah that's how i took it, too. it makes me smile

the "thank you" sounds like they used the same sample out of "one very important thought" just heavily processed with distortion or whatever. the song sounds like it could of fitted in with TCH like a glove, but has extra gloss. Love it.

Yeah, definately one of the best tracks on TH, love how it suddenly turns darker and stranger.

Guest cult fiction

I don't fully understand why this track is called 'Sick Times'. In fact 'Uritual' could have been named 'Sick Times'

Edited by cult fiction

Guest dirkg

It's my favorite so far, seems to stay true to the theme of the album; The sound of tires on the highway drones in the background, the more i hear it the more that sounds right. It's like when you find out the place you live in is infected, you get the hell out. A bit of drama, lol, but love this tune.

Guest Cs80

definitely my fave at the mo

definitely my fave at the mo

Agree with you

Guest transmisiones ferox