IGNORED

Tyler the Creator should be dropped from his label

Lane Visitor

pitchfork.com/news/51072-tyler-the-creator-reported-to-australian-police-after-stage-tirade-against-feminist-group/

http://collectiveshout.org/2013/06/collective-shout-releases-live-footage-of-rap-artists-vicious-tirade-against-young-female-activist/

http://collectiveshout.org/2013/06/immigration-revoke-tyler-the-creators-australian-visa/

im not normally very pc, but i never knew about his lyrics and these threats/verbal abuse, and this stuff got to me.

...and for the record b/c i already know someone's gonna bring up eminem, so yes, i think em should have been dropped long ago as well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, let's ruin the livelihood of people we don't agree with!

The immature brat's "livelihood" is built purely upon controversial shock factor, rapping abt raping women's corpses after killing and chopping them up.. Livelihood lol.

Not saying that kinda crap should be censored, but if i ran a company that supported him, id most likely pull the plug so hed have less options for a platform

he does sound like a twat but the best solution is not to listen to him

Oops i wrote my reply in your quote box hah

wait, this:

is what they're calling a "vicious tirade" against this feminist group?

lol

Well, ya i dont know that it was a "vicious tirade" pet se, but did you check the lyrics to that track that was dedicated to her? Its posted in that youtube vid's more info area.. Pretty f*cked

I wish i could be upset by his tirade, but his banality and level of being a boring human being upsets me far more. I read an interview of his in Rolling Stone and he was shockingly stupid, ignorant and had absolutely nothing to say about his music that was worthwhile.

I wish i could be upset by his tirade, but his banality and level of being a boring human being upsets me far more. I read an interview of his in Rolling Stone and he was shockingly stupid, ignorant and had absolutely nothing to say about his music that was worthwhile.

this

Ya i hear that... Sometimes it's easy to forget that just bc an artist gets a pitchfork spotlight or becomes an indie sensation doesnt mean theyre actually meaningful, insightful, talented or has artistic merit.. Many of the self proclaimed idie/hipster outlets care more abt style, image, noteworthyness and name... But we already knew this :P

Fuck off, fuck all of you, fucking Tyler The Fuckreator fucking rocks, you bitches, you can bring my watmm visa down all you want, bitch, i don't give a fuck cause Tyler is so cool.

edit: fuck girls

Lol... Ok if were gonna go there then... Lets just get down to brass tacks...

"fuck the world"

-icp

----------

"if this gon be that kinda party, ima stick mah dick in tha mash potatas!!!"

-beastie boys

this

Yep

this

Yep

well put

this

Yep

Agreed.

I quite rate Earl Sweatshirt, he manages to be amusing and has a pretty decent flow. When I first checked out Tyler I thought: Oh dear.

wait, this:

is what they're calling a "vicious tirade" against this feminist group?

lol

This pretty much tells you all that you need to know. He is perfectly within his rights to call out a group that has been actively trying to get all his shows cancelled and have him thrown out of the country. It's not like it's a long tirade either, he just calls them bitches and cunts. Which everybody on here, i'm pretty sure that they are. And this isn't a misogynist issue. It's a cunts being bitches issue.

thankyou, and you're welcome.

Tyler's an idiot who wrote one semi-decent song a coule years ago ("Yonkers")... I'm not an Odd Future fan, and I've said before Tyler is the least talented of that whole crew despite being the frontman. He gets the fame though for being "charismatic" and so edgy, bro. The only genuinely talented one to come out of the whole OF crew is Earl Sweatshirt, who hopefully under mentoring from FlyLo will eventually have his falling out with Tyler and leave the whole OF thing (he's already starting to be the least OF-like member). Earl's upcoming Doris I'm kinda looking forward to hearing, the rest of the crew, especially Tyler, needs to go away.

Guest Gary C

Does Frank Ocean not technically count as being part of Odd Future (didn't he join really late?), because he's by far the most talented and thoughtful r'n'b artist I've heard since... Prince.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that just bc an artist gets a pitchfork spotlight or becomes an indie sensation doesnt mean theyre actually meaningful, insightful, talented or has artistic merit.

I don't find that easy to forget at all.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that just bc an artist gets a pitchfork spotlight or becomes an indie sensation doesnt mean theyre actually meaningful, insightful, talented or has artistic merit.

I don't find that easy to forget at all.

lol touche

Archived