IGNORED

Post pics of your Mousepad

zlemflolia

mousepads are obsolete these days since the only reason for them was so the old ball mice would have a smooth surface to grip. Optical mice don't need this anymore unless you're on a glass tabletop.

And I highly doubt Mr. Pugsley has that mousepad - that's a stock photo shot of it, and if you really do own that, you're all kinds of sad.

I used that because I don't have a camera to take pics with. Only what's on my laptop, and with my shaky hands it's not worth it. That picture does it more justice, since she's a favorite character of mine. I've got even sadder things man. But only if you wana see them. And not in this thread.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use my mat as it cushions the base of my hand from using the mouse for hours. I don't have a mouse mat at work and it rubs at the skin slightly from the polished wood of the desks.

mousepads are obsolete these days since the only reason for them was so the old ball mice would have a smooth surface to grip. Optical mice don't need this anymore unless you're on a glass tabletop.

And I highly doubt Mr. Pugsley has that mousepad - that's a stock photo shot of it, and if you really do own that, you're all kinds of sad.

I used that because I don't have a camera to take pics with. Only what's on my laptop, and with my shaky hands it's not worth it. That picture does it more justice, since she's a favorite character of mine. I've got even sadder things man. But only if you wana see them. And not in this thread.

Erm, no thanks.

clearly you are not a PC gamer.

whilst you are correct that optical / laser mice can track on almost any surface, there is the issue of friction. a good mousemat is quite important if you're a serious gamer.

here's my mousemat

bAM8dl.jpg

whilst you are correct that optical / laser mice can track on almost any surface, there is the issue of friction. a good mousemat is quite important if you're a serious gamer.

here's my mousemat

bAM8dl.jpg

Isn't those slipperly little feet on the bottom of the mouse supposed to sort that out? :cisfor:

I tried PC gaming with a mouse once; it was like a kid trying to unhook his first bra :emotawesomepm9:

here's my mousemat

bAM8dl.jpg

Isn't those slipperly little feet on the bottom of the mouse supposed to sort that out? :cisfor:

I tried PC gaming with a mouse once; it was like a kid trying to unhook his first bra :emotawesomepm9:

yeah they do, but they perform better on different surfaces. I don't know how you can't understand this...

And FPS gaming with a control pad is like the kid using boxing gloves trying to remove the shrink-wrap off a packaged bra

And FPS gaming with a control pad is like the kid using boxing gloves trying to remove the shrink-wrap off a packaged bra

Not if you know what you're doing (in both cases)

I use an external trackpad for word processing/internet at home and a logitech performance MX mouse for more precise work at home, both of which don't require a mousepad. I had some generic pad with a spacey background for single player gaming, but I threw it out when it started delaminating, as they do.

I'm starting a new job in a few days, and I don't know what I'll be using. I'll be sure to share that incredibly important bit of information as it becomes available.

Not if you know what you're doing (in both cases)

Firstly, mousepads are not obsolete. They have plenty of uses. They protect the feet of your mouse from degrading on a normal surface giving it better consistency for longer periods of time. They give you a consistent surface that in general gives you better accuracy. They can be used when you are using your mouse in a different place; for instance using your pc in your living room while on your couch or on the floor. As well as being a necessity for glass tops like you mentioned.

Secondly, mouse and keyboard is far superior to a controller for FPS. That is why they don't make FPS games cross platform. PC gamers would destroy the people using controllers. Not to mention pc gamers get higher fps in general which also gives them an edge.

Archived