IGNORED

Ital Tek - Control

cear

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont mean to be a dick but i feel sorry for anyone trying to out-do Travis Stewart's take on jukey/foot work stuff right now, this just absolutely pales in comparison to Vapor City. Feels very weak to me. Ital Tek needs to be a little more daring with his songs, they always go to very expected places

dont mean to be a dick but i feel sorry for anyone trying to out-do Travis Stewart's take on jukey/foot work stuff right now, this just absolutely pales in comparison to Vapor City. Feels very weak to me. Ital Tek needs to be a little more daring with his songs, they always go to very expected places

I heard more amenry/jungle than footwork in the previews.....

who is travis stewart?

who is travis stewart?

machinedrum

I always thought Ital Tek was right there with Machinedrum in terms of incorporating juke and footwork. Machinedrum may have exceeded his ability and output, but he was utilizing the same sounds in earnest early on too. The main difference in their work stemming from Machinedrum's longer career and his transition from more of a IDM then glitch-hop sound versus Ital Tek coming from as a dubstep producer - well a "second wave" producer anyway...one of many who took dubstep and threw in IDM and techno influences.

Violet sounds like an Art of noise - Moments in love rmx.

Totally. It's probably a direct sample. I always liked how he sampled Radiohead for "Deep Pools" as well.

I'm not a fan of machinedrum at all.

*ducks and heads for cover

I admit I like Sepalcure a lot more. I find myself listening to other producers like Ital Tek and Kuedo more often. Hell I know I've listened to more DJ Rashad that Rooms. It's just personal preference.

Machinedrum is remarkable as a producer though, a perfect example of an artist I like and respect but personally haven't geeked out over. I completely hear why others do though. He's one of my favorite remixers, in fact I've always found myself blown away by his remixes. In the turbulent sea of free download trap shit posted on xlr8r and pfork his work is like a fucking steady ship that refuses to sink below and join the ocean of mediocrity.

I admit I like Sepalcure a lot more. I find myself listening to other producers like Ital Tek and Kuedo more often. Hell I know I've listened to more DJ Rashad that Rooms. It's just personal preference.

Machinedrum is remarkable as a producer though, a perfect example of an artist I like and respect but personally haven't geeked out over. I completely hear why others do though. He's one of my favorite remixers, in fact I've always found myself blown away by his remixes. In the turbulent sea of free download trap shit posted on xlr8r and pfork his work is like a fucking steady ship that refuses to sink below and join the ocean of mediocrity.

I'll have to check him out a bit more!

I'll have to check him out a bit more!

Sorry, this is a bit off topic but here is a machinedrum remix to not miss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBlG4B8lp2Q

Back to Ital Tek, really diggin the samples. "Challenger Deep" in particular is getting my attention. Sounds like he took the same idea behind "Pixel Haze" (one of my favorite tracks by him) and expanded on it.

After listening to the samples through a couple of times, I feel a bit sad that the running time is only 24 minutes. Tunes like these could easily be fleshed out to 4-5 minutes each.

Alan, pls.

I was all "fuck yeah!" at first but this is a bit wtf

Not quite an EP nor a full-length. "Mini-album."

Converted to the post-rock measuring system that's exactly one GSYBE track.

who is travis stewart?

machinedrum

I always thought Ital Tek was right there with Machinedrum in terms of incorporating juke and footwork. Machinedrum may have exceeded his ability and output, but he was utilizing the same sounds in earnest early on too. The main difference in their work stemming from Machinedrum's longer career and his transition from more of a IDM then glitch-hop sound versus Ital Tek coming from as a dubstep producer - well a "second wave" producer anyway...one of many who took dubstep and threw in IDM and techno influences.

Violet sounds like an Art of noise - Moments in love rmx.

Totally. It's probably a direct sample. I always liked how he sampled Radiohead for "Deep Pools" as well.

this is the best Ital tek song I've heard, in fact I put it in a mix i did a while back. The problem with his music, unlike Machinedrum's is that it's far too tied to the current dance music trends and sound palettes, rapid fire 808s 'hot' sounds that inevitably will sounded 'dated' in less than 2 years time from now, in fact a lot of ital tek's music from only 3-4 years ago sounds pretty dated already. It happens to the best of us though, Machinedrums early glitch hop albums sounded dated as fuck. DJ Rashad's not bad either, but his music is so heavily rooted in a trend, that won't last too much longer that his music will not have the same staying power either. I know it might be silly to 'invest' in the future of one's artistic craft, and I still will listen to music that I know will be dated in a years time occasionally, I'm just stating why this is the case.

to me saying Ital Tek is better than machinedrum is like saying Candy Crush is better than Bust of a Move.

this is the best Ital tek song I've heard, in fact I put it in a mix i did a while back. The problem with his music, unlike Machinedrum's is that it's far too tied to the current dance music trends and sound palettes, rapid fire 808s 'hot' sounds that inevitably will sounded 'dated' in less than 2 years time from now, in fact a lot of ital tek's music from only 3-4 years ago sounds pretty dated already. It happens to the best of us though, Machinedrums early glitch hop albums sounded dated as fuck. DJ Rashad's not bad either, but his music is so heavily rooted in a trend, that won't last too much longer that his music will not have the same staying power either. I know it might be silly to 'invest' in the future of one's artistic craft, and I still will listen to music that I know will be dated in a years time occasionally, I'm just stating why this is the case.

to me saying Ital Tek is better than machinedrum is like saying Candy Crush is better than Bust of a Move.

Good breakdown. I agree, my only point was I think a couple years ago, when it seemed everyone was trying to put a spin on juke and footwork (not just Planet Mu's roster but also Addison Groove and other dubstep producers) both Ital Tek and Machinedrum were, briefly, on the same level. One has just outpaced the other. DJ Rashad and RP Boo are interesting to me because they are veteran footwork producers who are now taking note from the artists who, in turn, were influenced by them originally. They might plateau, and probably will in terms of progress, but they're making music a lot more experimental and diverse than they probably would of if the footwork and juke scenes weren't hyped years ago.

Nice metaphor, I suppose f Machinedrum is Bust a Move, does that make DJ Nate = Snood?

Archived