IGNORED

Record Store Day - Black Friday

Rubin Farr

looks like mostly shit, I only really want the Flaming Lips EP from Ender's Game.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

Whoa, that Ender's Game EP was not something I even remotely expected...sounds pretty cool. Not seeing much myself, besides Townes Van Zandt and Hendrix only ones that stick out are childhood nostalgia related: Charlie Brown Xmas, Muppets, Shel Silverstein, etc.

Guest igloos unlmtd

Townes !

Upsetter's Super Ape sold my beat up copy long time ago.

Gene Clark Here Tonight

Zabriskie Point has a couple good tunes

Rolling Stones

I don't know why and I can't really put my finger on it but the whole thing about RSD just gets on my fucking tits. I've never been and I never will. I'd rather go orienteering or fishing. The concept annoys the fuck out of me, I can just see me standing in a fucking queue getting really angry and very pissed off and wanting to wrestle cunts to the ground.

Even if Aphex released a RSD edition, I'd rather pay the extra hundred quid on Discogs the next day, just for the fact I wouldn't have to deal with such a load of fucking horsehit and annoyance (without even the guarantee you'll even get one.)

Ahhhhh I feel the stress of the day slowly evaporating through my fingertips after typing that. True though. Record Store Day? lol

• 4 weeks later...

in US: great Baroness limited lithograph, they had TONS of the Lips EP, grabbed the Mystical Weapons etched 12" which has already doubled in value

in UK: there's a Factory Records 12" not available in the States

at my store, the Dave Matthews sold out first lol

I don't know why and I can't really put my finger on it but the whole thing about RSD just gets on my fucking tits. I've never been and I never will. I'd rather go orienteering or fishing. The concept annoys the fuck out of me, I can just see me standing in a fucking queue getting really angry and very pissed off and wanting to wrestle cunts to the ground.

Even if Aphex released a RSD edition, I'd rather pay the extra hundred quid on Discogs the next day, just for the fact I wouldn't have to deal with such a load of fucking horsehit and annoyance (without even the guarantee you'll even get one.)

Ahhhhh I feel the stress of the day slowly evaporating through my fingertips after typing that. True though. Record Store Day? lol

definitely agree.

how many record store days are there?

I thought that too. isn't there only supposed to be one?

like, isn't that the whole point of having a special "day" for any event? the whole point is that it only happens once a year.

Guest jasondonervan

like, isn't that the whole point of having a special "day" for any event? the whole point is that it only happens once a year.

file_130400_2_highlander04.jpg

i thought this was going to be list of record stores which had black friday sale items.
i didn't know there were special record store day release, by the list of bands on this website It makes sense why i never would have heard of it before

666px-Top_lel_logo.png

Not enough there to warrant me shopping in ridiculous queues on a specific day.

It's an event! Jeez next you'll be saying you hate Xmas you grinch.

I've nothing against the event. If people want to queue up for hours at the weekend, for the second time this year, for records that aren't of interest then they can go right ahead. I was merely pointing out that there isn't anything there that's anything near worth the ball-ache.

666px-Top_lel_logo.png

:cisfor:

definitely agree.

*sniffs air* 'Hmm smell that son? Breath that good and deepl because it's strong misanthropy, pure and uncut..... the good stuff'

definitely agree.

*sniffs air* 'Hmm smell that son? Breath that good and deepl because it's strong misanthropy, pure and uncut..... the good stuff'

not really.

just a dislike of artificially created sales days that are implied to be special, even though they are now apparently happening more than once a year.

Archived