IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

++ Hey xox, totally seconded on YJY UX there. By far my favourite closer.

Also, just wondered if you had any thoughts on an early minimalist/process piece for solo organ called Melody III (Discogs):

It uses a 36-note pattern which is layered at nine different speeds... are you interested in this type of process/generation?

i am if it sounds good

Guest Retosik

Last 2 questions I promise :-)

Your live sets, say Oversteps,each year sound quite similar from town to town so how do you approach it? You have a foundation and then tweak over the top?

I kind feel bad for you guys at the moment although I am sure we are all enjoying chatting to you, but I cant help feeling like you are doing tech support.

So my final question is ,my Windows 8 computer isnt working. What should I do?

not really they vary tons, unless u mean in terms of tracks, the patterns were changing constantly it doesn't even really repeat bars never mind whole tracks

unless, is this a ruse?

are you two going to make two separate albums in the future?

i'm a huge fan of this idea

it might have happened already

how would you know

Nobody could know... i bet rob made Oversteps. seriously tho, you should make separate albums once, not neccesarily under "autechre".

another q's: what's your worst track? did you made a bot to make tracks for you? have you considered not making music anymore (plsno)? and please answer this: what are lyrics to "ccec" and what's the sample from?

I'd ask you hundred questions about this and that, but since I'm temporary retarded, I'll let the other members take care of that.

I just wanna say I really enjoy your music, and repeat a question I asked a while back, that may or may not have been answered;

Have you listened much to jazz, and if so, who are your favorite jazz musicians, favorite jazz albums, etc?

not really

i only have like 4 jazz records, all of which i just got cos i heard them round mates' houses

i find it really inconsistent in terms of sound

Have you ever released a track on album that you made in a super short amount of time and just liked?

yeah quite a few, esp on the early albums

Sorry, can't help but be curious: how short are these? Less than a day? An hour? Any specific tracks you remember doing in a notably small amount of time?

Edited by gmanyo

love reading through all the responses, some insightful stuff.

and so marathonic.. just like the mixlr stream a while back, really like that. was reading these responses yesterday night trying to catch up, and at a certain moment you get over a threshold and things just start to get nice and deep (nice and derp). thanks!

Your live sets, say Oversteps,each year sound quite similar from town to town so how do you approach it? You have a foundation and then tweak over the top?

I kind feel bad for you guys at the moment although I am sure we are all enjoying chatting to you, but I cant help feeling like you are doing tech support.

not really they vary tons, unless u mean in terms of tracks, the patterns were changing constantly it doesn't even really repeat bars never mind whole tracks

unless, is this a ruse?

how would you know

Nobody could know... i bet rob made Oversteps. seriously tho, you should make separate albums once, not neccesarily under "autechre".

another q's: what's your worst track? did you made a bot to make tracks for you? have you considered not making music anymore (plsno)? and please answer this: what are lyrics to "ccec" and what's the sample from?

haaa i don't want to answer any of them

So, like when your term is up here on watmm, (minus what I posted several threads ago about what I think will actually happen),

Will there be a "goodbye watmm!" or will you just disappear, whilst lurking, laughing at all the questions that will be pouring in for days?

Guest northernplastic

Ugh, haven't been here the last few hours and still have to read through 40 pages...

Anyway, a question:

Could you give a little input on the making of your latest webcast?

How long were you working on it, what software did you use (could you rec any for a basic mix?), how did you choose tracks etc.

Thanks.

just gonna bump this shit yo.

would love to hear your guys' thoughts on another one of my favorite artists, Solar Fields. ever heard/listen to him? Aside from you two he's one of my biggest influences to making music.

not heard any, will check it

Guest ZombieLincoln666

Do you have a track that was more difficult to make than it sounds?

Edited by ZombieLincoln666

Guest Retosik

unless, is this a ruse?

how would you know

haaa i don't want to answer any of them

rob, what are the lyrics to ccec ;___;

parhelic triangle

all tomorrow's linoleum

squarepusher remix

there's 3, there are quite a few

Ugh, haven't been here the last few hours and still have to read through 40 pages...

Anyway, a question:

How long were you working on it, what software did you use (could you rec any for a basic mix?), how did you choose tracks etc.

Thanks.

mostly traktor

made a huge playlist really gradually, like over the course of a year, and then went thru it later doing lots of 20-60 min mixes in certain bpm ranges, then mixed them together

Have you ever released a track on album that you made in a super short amount of time and just liked?

yeah quite a few, esp on the early albums

Sorry, can't help but be curious: how short are these? Less than a day? An hour? Any specific tracks you remember doing in a notably small amount of time?

yeah most of the tracks on amber were done in less than a day for example

incunabula the older ones took longer cos we were using a 4 track but soon as we got the atari we were firing them out, one or two a day, but not working every day cos we had jobs

YJY UX is my fav Ae track at the moment. It has such a huge impact on me; especially on my 'spiritual' state of mind ...like i'm at the center of sahara at sunset and transcendental things are starting to unfold. Such a joy! I'm literary experiencing it.

Can u please say anything more about it? ... i'm happy with anything u drop at me.

Thnx!

So, like when your term is up here on watmm, (minus what I posted several threads ago about what I think will actually happen),

Will there be a "goodbye watmm!" or will you just disappear, whilst lurking, laughing at all the questions that will be pouring in for days?

i thought joyrex would lock it no?

when is the over? what timezone…..

Guest northernplastic

parhelic triangle

all tomorrow's linoleum

squarepusher remix

there's 3, there are quite a few

Anyway, a question:

Thanks.

mostly traktor

made a huge playlist really gradually, like over the course of a year, and then went thru it later doing lots of 20-60 min mixes in certain bpm ranges, then mixed them together

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Like I said before, the webcast was one of the greatest musical events this year (along with Exai of course, didn't listen to l-event yet, so I can't really judge).

Also, just wondered if you had any thoughts on an early minimalist/process piece for solo organ called Melody III (Discogs):

It uses a 36-note pattern which is layered at nine different speeds... are you interested in this type of process/generation?

i am if it sounds good

sorry, the youtube didn't show up:

talking about parhelic triangle @ sean, what does it remind you of? i guess it creeps me out a bit sometimes

confield was my first proper ae album btw

yeah i dunno what it reminds me of actually, some kind of lumbering deep thing

it has that dragging feeling, sort of ancient and sleeping

i am if it sounds good

sorry, the youtube didn't show up:

ok this reminds me of laurie spiegel tons

i like it