IGNORED

Ceephax Acid Crew - World Dissolver

Guest bitroast

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i had a turntable i would have got cro magnox vinyl, and would have already ordered this. the CM cover was awesome, and i feel that his heavy analog synth use, to me, makes his stuff a prime candidate for vinyl. it just seems like the aesthetics all match up. obviously it still sounds great on digital, and i can't wait to get/hear this EP. might grab vol 2 from his bandcamp in the meantime since i still dont have that one.

Guest bitroast

Its that track from the mu sampler soundcloud thing!

Oooooo yes*u*

Can I get a link to that? Missed it.

"01 Ceephax - Probey (from forthcoming LP 'Cro-Magnox')

02 Kuedo - Work, Live & Sleep In Collapsing Space (from Work Live & Sleep 12")

03 Polysick - Niteflight (from Japanese version of forthcoming 'Digital Native' cd)

04 Last Step - Microsleeps (from the album 'Sleep')

05 Protect-U - Invisible Halo (from the Motorbike 12")

06 Konx-om-Pax- Pillars Of Creation (from forthcoming LP 'Regional Surrealism' )

07 Polysick - Woods (from forthcoming LP 'Digital Native')

08 Dream Continuum - B Free (From the 'Reworkz EP')

09 Traxman - Footworkin On Air (from 'Da Mind Of Traxman' LP)

10 Traxman - 1988 (from 'Da Mind Of Traxman' LP)

11 Da Comeback 2011 (from 'Da Mind Of Traxman' LP)

12 Machinedrum - The Statue (from the 'Room(s)' LP)

13 Heterotic - Rain (ft. Vezelay) (from the forthcoming 'Heterotica' LP)"

back when cro magnox was going to be a planet mu album, and probey was going to be on it i guess :)

Bought - Merry Phaxmas, Andy! :beer:

qLG7PNI.jpg

heh, I paid 8.08 =)

I gave these tracks a rest by going through the rest of my ceephax collection (vladijenk ftw). This brought to my attention a similarity between the main melodies of "phaxalot" and "flight of the condor", which both start with an arpeggio up and then meander their way down (differently).

Still blown away by all the different material/surprises in the full length probey pokey.

One last comment: something andy has been experimenting with (very successfully) in recent years are key changes (which you honestly don't get terribly much of in electronic music). One big distinction between the final and original versions of phaxalot are the smoothness of the key change. IMO he uses this device very effectivelly now, maybe most notably in "flight of the condor".

Archived