IGNORED

Ceephax Acid Crew - World Dissolver

Guest bitroast

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heck yes! i would have downloaded the digi release last night when i found out about it, but i was too drunk and knew it. i came here, saw that it hit, and was like 'nah man im too boozed to do it'

that really sucked

must have been p drunk because i saw man of steel and thought it was good.

but now, ceephax!

Guest bitroast

Ahaha yes.

It has this mixed production style that reminds me of Exidy Tours / Volume One / United Acid Emirates / Cro Magnox.

It's such a good tune:)

Guest jasondonervan

I feel like more needs to be said about the ace-ness of Prestel Theme. Total budget Spanish holiday piano tune action... best listened to on the beach under Sega blue skies, whilst lying on a length of carpet (acting as a make-shift beach towel) with a stein full of FAXE beer to one side :beer:

4100007.jpg

Anyone gotta spay er cawpy? I'm n duh u s n broke from too much shipping

Can delet.. or someone translate this for me?

It says "anyone got a spare copy? I'm in the united states, and broke [due to holiday shipping costs]".

Soma, just use the bandcamp link until you can spare $5 or whatever...

ouch, this EP hits at the right place ! The vinyl version of Probey's Poker is wonderful. And I can't get enough of Ceephunk, what a perfect acid track....

Spotted in the Pitchfork guest lists of 2013 article:

`The various array of patterned trousers I see Ceephax Acid Crew wearing upon chance sightings near to/ close by my house.'

Ah I said fuck it and ordered the vinyl, how often does ceephax vinyl come around right? Shipping costs be damned!

Cheers y'all, can't wait till it arrives!

I feel like more needs to be said about the ace-ness of Prestel Theme. Total budget Spanish holiday piano tune action... best listened to on the beach under Sega blue skies, whilst lying on a length of carpet (acting as a make-shift beach towel) with a stein full of FAXE beer to one side :beer:

Much love for Prestel Theme!! That's my track on here!! So much ravey yumness!

finally got to listen to the ep a bit closer and its pretty awesome. my fave is prob legend of phaxalot. i love the cheesy synthetic reimagining of what to me sounds like music for knights to ride around on horses to with lances and fighting dragons or whatever. im sorry but imo this guy is doing with these analog synths what AFX failed to do with analord. analord has some cool stuff but so much of it is slow, drawn out, plodding along, sometimes very little of real interest happening. yeah there is great stuff on there but... ceephax's last two releases, every track is solid and attention grabbing. exciting melodies, juicy sounds, energetic beats, upbeat playful stuff and even with touches of darkness. imo the hit/miss ratio is higher with these than with analords.

edit- i will say tho that having dived into his back catalog, some releases of phax i find questionable, as in maybe it shouldn't have been released for money, main example being eurostar acid. so in my comparison of ceephax as favorable to analord im only referring to these releases hes taken more seriously..

im sorry but imo this guy is doing with these analog synths what AFX failed to do with analord. analord has some cool stuff but so much of it is slow, drawn out, plodding along, sometimes very little of real interest happening. yeah there is great stuff on there but... ceephax's last two releases, every track is solid and attention grabbing. exciting melodies, juicy sounds, energetic beats, upbeat playful stuff and even with touches of darkness. imo the hit/miss ratio is higher with these than with analords.

tumblr_inline_mxda17pPCe1rf9wqw.gif

im sorry but imo this guy is doing with these analog synths what AFX failed to do with analord. analord has some cool stuff but so much of it is slow, drawn out, plodding along, sometimes very little of real interest happening. yeah there is great stuff on there but... ceephax's last two releases, every track is solid and attention grabbing. exciting melodies, juicy sounds, energetic beats, upbeat playful stuff and even with touches of darkness. imo the hit/miss ratio is higher with these than with analords.

+1

+1

It's the truth. Phaxe it.

I'm listening to this over and over. I picked up Cro Magnox as well, but this EP is clicking much more with me. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Cro Magnox = Ceephax (more serious stuff)

World Dissolver = Ceephax Acid Crew (more fun stuff)

At least, that seems to be the general trend.

I think it's wonderful that the Analords and this EP exist. They're totally different beasts though. I don't think they should be compared as they are very different styles.

ps. Godzilla

Archived