IGNORED

Philip Seymour Hoffman DEAD!?

goDel

I don't know if you're serious Keith but what you're doing says a lot more about you than anyone else. And it says that you're an asshole and you don't care why.

Seriously don't understand the hate here. Get a grip people.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though the Enquirer is hardly a font of truth, they claim Hoffman's friend David Bar Katz told them he and Hoffman were in a gay relationship with each other. It sounds pretty dubious if not for the one fact, that Katz' facebook had a pic of Hoffman on it with the caption "He is so beautiful" under it. Uh-huh.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552207/I-Philip-Seymour-Hoffmans-gay-lover-I-saw-freebasing-cocaine-night-died-says-Manhattan-writer-star-body.html

Soooo...closet homosexual with the baggage of a wife and 3 kids doesn't have the strength of character to come out, and instead "accidentally" ODs...have to say it seems quite plausible. He certainly acted in a large number of gay-themed films, for whatever that's worth.

Always wondered if Heath Ledger and River Phoenix were tormented homosexuals as well.

I work with vulnerable people. The only thing that works with provocative victims/narcissists is to punch them in the face repeatedly until they moderate their behaviour. There is no cure. It's not bullying, it comes from a higher sense of compassion.

your job is to punch people in the face repeatedly to cure them?

are they hiring?

If Hoffman was gay or not, I can't imagine he would have been worried about coming out. As you said, playing all those gay roles, I was actually more surprised to later learn he was straight.

basically agree, also I wouldn't expect a gay guy to go as far as having 3 kids, but it does happen. Don't have an axe to grind here, just idly speculating.

I hope glowing blue yoda and ben kenobi are kicking his ass right now for being such a putz.

Guest murphythecat8

I work with vulnerable people. The only thing that works with provocative victims/narcissists is to punch them in the face repeatedly until they moderate their behaviour. There is no cure. It's not bullying, it comes from a higher sense of compassion.

You dont help nobody by being rude to them or insult them.

Limpyloo, if its true that your a heroin addict in recovery, well I raise my hat.

Ive smoked weed for 8 years straight and ive now stopped for three month. that has been the most hard thing I have done in my life, more hard then smokes for me. I cannot imagine being addicted to heroin.

Yeah, it's Fiennes' scene obviously. But Hoffman's in it. If I recall, there are more rounded scenes for Hoffman in Red Dragon. Badgering Norton outside his car? And sweating through an interview? But I couldn't find them on YouTube.

otherwise, to be ontopic: some of you have said that PSH hadn't reached his peek performance in his lifetime, but I guess that's what I loved about his acting. he was the best in a support role, not in the spotlight. I love The Master but I think he overacted in it, like he did in all of his major roles. he worked the best as a character in the back of the story, just being a strong presence that coloured the whole movie. maybe he knew this himself and started to crush under the expectancies of others, because everybody thought it was time for his major roles decade.

How he overacted in Capote or Synecdoche, New York? Those were quite his tours-de-force. The only reason for him to be in support cast usually was that he wasn't an archetypical actor in regard to his looks and style and worked as such in Hollywood.

So was Damon! Actually I think that has one of Jude Law's and one of Gwynneth Paltrow's best performances in it too. An overlooked "very good film", maybe not a masterpiece, but it has a nice spot on my re-watchable movies shelf...

i was hoping to watch some of his movies on tv these days but NOTHING! ...he died in vain :trashbear:

i think this has something to do with his dying by his own hand...it's not like he was hit by a car or something. Also he didn't have the looks of a River Phoenix or a even a Heath Ledger.

Archived