IGNORED

The Flashbulb - Nothing Is Real

Guest PaSaul

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is quite meta after all you see? Internet commenting about internet commenters. It's time for a reappraisal of the bulbs music

there's my chippy

That was interesting. Benn seems like a well rounded, passionate fellow who I would likely get along with irl and I'd imagine a lot of people on here would as well (including the haters). I mean, I've heard why people seem to dislike him but the cited shortfalls seem so petty, and certainly not outside of the track-record of some of our vaunted 'featured artists'.

Honestly folks, fight the real enemy.

years_ok.gif

I don't think anybody here personally has anything against the guy it's just kind of a running joke about the elitism of watmm and how some musicians are just arbitrarily not included. Squarepusher has released plenty of stuff that is quite cheesy I think but we all keep going back.

It's also interesting whenever an artist takes issue with wattm and comes in here like Tycho, Com Truise, machinedrum bashing it on twitter. It's like they consider this site some kind of litmus test for troo idm fanaticism but they don't want to say that they want to win our hearts and minds, possibly. My thoughts on all that.

the Flahbulb hate has maintained momentum mainly for the fun factor. it's a WATMM tradition. just saying "Flahbulb" is funny. say it out loud right now and try not to crack a grin. Flahbulb.

I actually haven't heard a second of his music so I can't comment on the quality of it. I don't really hate the man personally. it's not like he's Zomby or summat.

man, I wish Zomby would join WATMM. that would be a blast. actually I haven't checked his Twitter in a while *wanders off*

If we can get Autechre in here, get aphex to open the vault, then we can definitely get Zomby in here for some kind of whacked social experiment. Sky's the limit.

Com Truise doesn't really get hate on at all here so I don't see why he wouldn't be cool with WATMM. Machinedrum's hate is a tad confusing to me; iirc Room(s) was voted best WATMM album of 2011 so he's got plenty of fans here. When Tycho showed up he was surprisingly civil considering the ire he seemed to draw for a while...

re Travis: iirc it wasn't even hate, it was just a couple of biting remarks about his pedo-style looks made mainly for lols. that, plus WATMM's general cuntitude, led him to make that remark about us on his twatr. as you said, Room(s) got heaps of love here, I don't think he's hated at all.

not as much as his pal Flobbob :cisfor:

Guest RadarJammer

the gap between what he presented "on the border with victor" as on his initial blog and twitter and what it really is so big that only a sociopath would even consider that they would get away with it. society does so well at hiding its insincerity that when someone like that comes alone with their insincerity tattoo'd on their forehead it makes them stand out.

Flashbulb has always had a knack for copying whatever was happening at the time. When drill was king, he was doing drill. When acid blew up, he did acid. A surge in ambient music led to him...you get the point. Now he makes guitar laden soundtrack stuff. Good for him. He probably gets paid. We don't have to like it.

I used to work with Bennnn Jordannn's mom at the court house in Chicago. She was real nice.

Flashbulb has always had a knack for copying whatever was happening at the time. When drill was king, he was doing drill. When acid blew up, he did acid. A surge in ambient music led to him...you get the point. Now he makes guitar laden soundtrack stuff. Good for him. He probably gets paid. We don't have to like it.

I used to work with Bennnn Jordannn's mom at the court house in Chicago. She was real nice.

Dude, imagine if you charmed the pants off his mum, literally, and then you had an affair with her, not even knowing who she was. Then one afternoon you're at her house banging her brains out, then all of a sudden Benn Jordan walks in the bedroom, "Hey mom, have you seen my platinum shielded golden monster cabl---.... MOOOOOOOMMY NOoOOOoOOo~!!!!" And then you would be written into a Benn Jordan track musically, prolly called something like "The Abandonment Of The Life Creator Into Dodecahedron Heartbreak Reprise (intellect overload mix variation 19)"

Dude, imagine if you charmed the pants off his mum, literally, and then you had an affair with her, not even knowing who she was. Then one afternoon you're at her house banging her brains out, then all of a sudden Benn Jordan walks in the bedroom, "Hey mom, have you seen my platinum shielded golden monster cabl---.... MOOOOOOOMMY NOoOOOoOOo~!!!!" And then you would be written into a Benn Jordan track musically, prolly called something like "The Abandonment Of The Life Creator Into Dodecahedron Heartbreak Reprise (intellect overload mix variation 19)"

I met him the last time he came through SF. He was nice and played well that night.

I gave him one of my CD's. Hope he listened to it.

lol++ would read again

I met him the last time he came through SF. He was nice and played well that night.

I gave him one of my CD's. Hope he listened to it.

lovetech?

years ago when he was on sublight I got it into my head that he was a black man based off of his myspace picture or something, i remember there was this odd color filter on it which seemed intentionally designed to make him look like an african american. And in real-life he played at this club which I was at but I didn't realize it because it was just a white guy with a guitar on stage

Archived