IGNORED

World Cup 2014

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably direct orders from Blatter. Nishimura was having a great match officiating up until that point really.

haha, that exact thought crossed my mind when I saw the foul!

Probably direct orders from Blatter. Nishimura was having a great match officiating up until that point really.

I don't think it's an order or anything, just a strict truly japanese approach to rules. Hands on an unbalanced body.

Errm, if the Japanese ref was truly strict, there would have been a lot more calls. Also, well done generalizing the Japanese as only capable of following the laws directly to the letter and not being able to interpret things differently. Putting this on the nationality of the referee is fucking ridiculous.

What's so ridiculous? They're fucking follow the rules! Based on nationality! Nothing to do with inability to interpret things or think for themselves. Blatter affecting his decisions, now this is a ridiculous thought. And which are those other calls? It's always more strict in the box.

I don't think it's an order or anything, just a strict truly japanese approach to rules. Hands on an unbalanced body.

Errm, if the Japanese ref was truly strict, there would have been a lot more calls. Also, well done generalizing the Japanese as only capable of following the laws directly to the letter and not being able to interpret things differently. Putting this on the nationality of the referee is fucking ridiculous.

What's so ridiculous? They're fucking follow the rules! Based on nationality! Nothing to do with inability to interpret things or think for themselves. Blatter affecting his decisions, now this is a ridiculous thought. And which are those other calls? It's always more strict in the box.

Why do you think Japanese follow rules more than other nationalities?

There were plenty of fouls he didn't call that were more obvious than that. For example, If he was really following the laws of the game strictly (as only a Japanese could do), then Neymar should have been sent off in the first half for his foul on Modric.

One game in and already officiating controversy. It is what it is. I think people tend to forget that the refs have split seconds to make a decision and don't have the luxury of watching a replay from different angles as we do. But then again, the audience is always the best ref, player, coach and manager.

One game in and already officiating controversy. It is what it is. I think people tend to forget that the refs have split seconds to make a decision and don't have the luxury of watching a replay from different angles as we do. But then again, the audience is always the best ref, player, coach and manager.

When your mistakes keep favoring the same team they tend to stop looking like random mistakes or lapses. Not saying he consciously influenced the game but that was a shit match from the ref, I'm pretty confident FIFA will agree.

When your mistakes keep favoring the same team they tend to stop looking like random mistakes or lapses. Not saying he consciously influenced the game but that was a shit match from the ref, I'm pretty confident FIFA will agree.

On the contrary, I'm reasonably sure FIFA assessors will find that match to be an average match for the official. While I don't think it should have been called a penalty, technically, the guy did put his hands on Fred.

Aside from the penalty kick and the possibility of being too lenient on Neymar, the ref actually had a good match. It was free-flowing, not too much time wasting, ref was in fairly good control of the match.

Has FIFA ever explained why they don't allow the use of technology, cameras and all that to rectify the referees' mistakes? I assume they don't even try to cover up the fact that it's so they can rig the matches as they like

They started using goal-line technology this world cup (as was so usefully shown to us in today's match). And frankly speaking, I don't think they should use instant replay in football. It would bring more stoppages into an already stoppage-filled sport. Unless you want it to end up like american football?

this sport is gay as fuck (not that i want the dutch to win but that penalty was stupid)

Also, why is De Guzman is the squad? he shouldnt be near the world cup, hes terrible

Guest Roksen Creek

Another bad decision.

This world cup is going well

THAT WAS NO PENALTY. Diego Costa stepped on De Vrij's foot. Aw well.

Also, why does the crowd hate Diego Costa so much?

Because he is brazilian, but chose spain. To be fair brazil didn't pick him enough.

Archived