IGNORED

Rustie - green language

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ It's funny cause people have been calling Fantano out for a while now for his constant claims of everything being "trap influenced"

But there's an undeniable trap influence, just listen to the track jasondonervan just posted

^ It's funny cause people have been calling Fantano out for a while now for his constant claims of everything being "trap influenced"

But there's an undeniable trap influence, just listen to the track jasondonervan just posted

:trap:

Bonus track is awesome! Thanks for sharing...

I was really disappointed when I heard the stream the first time - couldn't stand any of the guest vocalist tracks (except Dream On, that was alright). I bought it anyways the day it came out, if just for the rest of the tunes. They're growing on me now though. Only complaint I have now is the flow... the jump from instrumental to vocal tracks seems pretty abrupt.

Yeah, it's short... but I think that probably ends up working in its favor.

Guest jasondonervan

time for a review uh oh

lol what's with all the trap reference, i can't hear it in the album

0:24 "...It dropped via Warped Records"

seinfeld-not-impressed.gif

Guest bitroast

time for a review uh oh

lol what's with all the trap reference, i can't hear it in the album

0:24 "...It dropped via Warped Records"

seinfeld-not-impressed.gif

Man. Can we have a needle drop review subforum or something? So if theres ever a new album and someone (there's always someone!!!) feels the need to post a video we can just dump it in there.

I dont mind the guys opinion, but his sense of humour and editing style is so frustating and im sure im not the only one getting sick of seeing his smug face everywhere pop up in (literally!) every thread for an upcoming album. Most of the posts are "how annoying is this review!". Then dont watch/Share it!! Needle drop rage!!!

I think his reviews are pretty good in general. He doesn't suck up to artists he likes or hypes them if he's a fan.

His style is a bit strange sometimes but I think his reviews are very honest and respectable.

I thought that was pretty flat and mostly uninteresting. Really dislike the sound also. It's like someone had mastered the tracks by blowing air into them... err I guess that's what a loud commercial mastering is in the end.

To be honest, I thought the whole Rustie thing was completely over-hyped to begin with. I remember hearing 'Glass Swords' and wondering what all the fuss was about. There are so many talented musicians out there these days - Warp sign people like Hudson, Flying Lotus, Rustie and Battles. I just don't get it. It's all just so unmemorable - but of course that's just my opinion.

If you like that stuff that's cool but I sometimes don't see what made a big label sign these acts to begin with.

Guest The Caustic Window

To be honest, I thought the whole Rustie thing was completely over-hyped to begin with. I remember hearing 'Glass Swords' and wondering what all the fuss was about. There are so many talented musicians out there these days - Warp sign people like Hudson, Flying Lotus, Rustie and Battles. I just don't get it. It's all just so unmemorable - but of course that's just my opinion.

If you like that stuff that's cool but I sometimes don't see what made a big label sign these acts to begin with.

Guest jasondonervan

Is there anyone else who's enjoyed this after a few plays?

Hello!

Firstly, I can understand why people aren't too keen on this. It's brash, tracks are short, the vocals aren't exactly everyone's cup of tea, and I agree that it fails to match up to Glass Swords. So why have I kept coming back to it since my copy arrived, head-nodding away to tracks like Raptor, He Hates Me, Velcro, etc.?

The honest answer is: I don't know. I'm not even trying to purposely 'get' this album, it just crept in to my listening rotation over the last week or so, and I found myself digging it, no track skips either. I don't profess it to be ground-breaking, blessed with incredible production or anything else like that... it's just... serviceable. Can I enjoy an album that ticks just enough boxes to validate itself? I think I can.

My first time getting anything by Rustie. This album is a seriously fun listen. The vocals are questionable at times, some of the better instrumentals seem to end just as they're gaining momentum and I've never been a fan of cymbal-crash samples unless they're super fucked with, but overall great job Rustie :music:

whoah this is a shit one... adds to pile of flying f**ks

warp may set up another subsidiary to sideline autechre, aphex, clark, box, bibio, lfo etc away from this muck they're churning out.

they should sign kayne as well to launch the sub label. might as well, might make it look good.

Archived