IGNORED

Who's the most underrated artist, in your opinion?

Klopjob

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skibby

th'idiot is really phenomenal in proportion to the ratings that are to be found.

also trackermatte is super underrated except by me.

but i couldn't say who's the most underrated artist since i don't know all the artists nor how they are rated.

Punk pop - Therapy?

Definitely. Every time I talk about them, the response is "Therapy? are still going!?"

I wouldn't have thought Ochre originally, but the response in this thread leads me to think again, he definitely deserves wider recognition. I remember buying his first EP back in the day, thinking with that and the Global Goon remix he was going to be really big, then he never quite reached the stage he deserved...

Punk pop - Therapy?

Definitely. Every time I talk about them, the response is "Therapy? are still going!?"

Troublegum is a classic, classic album.....and are they still going!?

th'idiot is really phenomenal in proportion to the ratings that are to be found.

also trackermatte is super underrated except by me.

but i couldn't say who's the most underrated artist since i don't know all the artists nor how they are rated.

correct

For me, Luke Vibert.

have to disagree, i used to think he was amazing early on,in the wagon christ / plug days. the way he worked with his beats and stuff was really inspiring but now these days i think he is more overrated if anything just because he comes from cornwall and is mates with aphex. he's pretty much released the same album/ep with different samples in for the past however many years. Its all very nice and clean stuff but to me its all kinda lazy and formulaic

I still buy it all though in the hope of something new and imaginative.

come on luke!

team doyobi for sure in the electronic world

meat beat manifesto in the music world of the last 30 years.

autechre in all of music history -- belongs up there with beethoven

Bola

+1

Dimlite.

I want a new album.

+1

Also:

2562 / A Made Up Sound

Koushik - for all the love 4tet and Caribou get he deserves way more

T++ (and all his "Various" guises)

Fila Brazillia - anyone love these guys as much as I do?

Mouse on Mars - not underrated critically, but definitely so against the backdrop of the British isle idm pantheon here at watmm

Bola

+1

Dimlite.

I want a new album.

+1

Also:

2562 / A Made Up Sound

Koushik - for all the love 4tet and Caribou get he deserves way more

T++ (and all his "Various" guises)

Fila Brazillia - anyone love these guys as much as I do?

Mouse on Mars - not underrated critically, but definitely so against the backdrop of the British isle idm pantheon here at watmm

These guys are underrated in their respective genres/scenes for sure. Koushik literally put out Be With years before that beat scene / AS bumper music sound took off. Prefuse 73 is acclaimed but also underplayed compared to Flying Lotus.

T++ and Monolake are both underrated, Robert Henke is mentioned far less than he should be imo for his work with Ableton.

WATMM has been a place I've found a lot of underrated musicians and albums, or unsung "proto" releases of later fads and trends, like this for example:

R-1151909-1262538542.jpeg

Archived