IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope we don't have some incident like that one three years ago in Colorado where that one crazy fucker shot up that theater where The Dark Knight Rises was playing.

jinx.

Also, is Kylo Ren a dude or are they gonna go for the surprise,"Hey guys, I'm a chick"...?

It's this guy

95883AA1-95D4-4501-B9B3-96E1DAB60C35_zps

gotsa. I thought it was gonna be that gal from GOT.

There's rumours of scenes with young Luke... I dunno - JJ doesn't seem like the type to do stuff like that...

It's not just a rumor Papa, "young luke skywalker" is now in the official character list for the movie.

Was that "official" character list ever confirmed to be official?

Inside Llewyn Star Wars

More like GIRLS wars

I do not understand the boners over this trailer.

I mean, the colors are dialed in pretty nicely but otherwise it looks like every other action flick, just with canon icons.

Hurr durr that's what Star Wars is!!

Finally watched the second trailer. Pretty damn moist now.

The movie could just be a 2 hour tracking shot past the crashed star destroyer while Jawas strip it of parts.

Rebels season 2. Kinda cool we get to see two different time periods being developed simultaneously.

I am the only one that perceives these polished toy looking render animations as soulless and boring? They look like all what ruined the last 3 star wars episodes

Rebels season 2. Kinda cool we get to see two different time periods being developed simultaneously.

I am the only one that perceives these polished toy looking render animations as soulless and boring? They look like all what ruined the last 3 star wars episodes

Not just you, and I'm not going to take time out to watch a CGI cartoon with a shitty-looking trailer just to prove I'm not prejudiced. Grown ass peoples don't have time for that.

Try watching the show before you shit on it.

I did and even so I tried to like it the plot was very much dumbed down compared to the animated batman series which I liked and has a similar minimalistic look

Another concept art picture that spoils a bit of the new plot:

8fYn0fm.jpg

I'm not going to take time out to watch a CGI cartoon with a shitty-looking trailer just to prove I'm not prejudiced. Grown ass peoples don't have time for that.

*jots it down*

But us grown ups still have time to sit on watmm, posting about it though. Amirite?

I liked the first run through of the Star Wars cartoons in that style. I haven't seen season one of rebels though so can't comment on it.

I don't think the style of the animation is any more or less soulless than other forms of animation. Guess I'm not grown up enough to understand the differences.

Star Wars: Rogue One will be a movie about the Rebels stealing the plans for the first Death Star, set between Episode 3 and 4. No Jedi will appear in the film, maybe Vader.

508BEDAD-FD0F-4BD3-ADC5-A4368601A69E_zps

The non-episode movies are now called the "Anthology".

I liked the first run through of the Star Wars cartoons in that style. I haven't seen season one of rebels though so can't comment on it.

I don't think the style of the animation is any more or less soulless than other forms of animation. Guess I'm not grown up enough to understand the differences.

i could understand the complaint, something about that Reboot style of CGI in 2014 is just oddly off putting. It feels frankly lazy as well as a poor aesthetic choice. Its probably just easier for them to do this stuff on the cheap with that type of look.

I really miss the original 2d animated Clone Wars look, not just the look but also the way that was done. It was so much more atmospheric and nailed the original Star Wars vibe than literally anything else I have seen besides Episode IV/V/VI . This new show and all the subsequent CGI iterations feel really weak in comparison.

Guest cult fiction

i could understand the complaint, something about that Reboot style of CGI in 2014 is just oddly off putting. It feels frankly lazy as well as a poor aesthetic choice. Its probably just easier for them to do this stuff on the cheap with that type of look.

I really miss the original 2d animated Clone Wars look, not just the look but also the way that was done. It was so much more atmospheric and nailed the original Star Wars vibe than literally anything else I have seen besides Episode IV/V/VI . This new show and all the subsequent CGI iterations feel really weak in comparison.

It honestly looks like the demo reel for Clone Wars

http://www.starwars.com/video/star-wars-the-clone-wars-story-reel-a-death-on-utapau

I'm not going to take time out to watch a CGI cartoon with a shitty-looking trailer just to prove I'm not prejudiced. Grown ass peoples don't have time for that.

*jots it down*

But us grown ups still have time to sit on watmm, posting about it though. Amirite?

Hey at least I get some validation out of it

Archived