IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

Star Wars: Rogue One will be a movie about the Rebels stealing the plans for the first Death Star, set between Episode 3 and 4. No Jedi will appear in the film, maybe Vader.

508BEDAD-FD0F-4BD3-ADC5-A4368601A69E_zps

The non-episode movies are now called the "Anthology".

Pretty cool...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can find the leaked teaser on YouTube here and there, but it doesn't show much. If anything actually.

But I love the fact that the DB from Saving Private Ryan and Zero Dark Thirty will be the DP on Rogue One. I'm kinda excited.

here is the old one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVk9lPotcW4

the dialogues are as silly as the new ones which is ok for a show targeted at children but I really like the style more as the outdated looking 3d animations of the current one. Maybe because I grew up with 2d and perceive it a bit more timeless.

I do love Genndy's work as well, Samurai Jack is classic.

this. Did they ever give that show a proper ending? I just remember it gone from the air & nothing. I should google it...

Star Wars: Rogue One will be a movie about the Rebels stealing the plans for the first Death Star, set between Episode 3 and 4. No Jedi will appear in the film, maybe Vader.

508BEDAD-FD0F-4BD3-ADC5-A4368601A69E_zps

The non-episode movies are now called the "Anthology".

BOTHANSSSSS

here is the old one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVk9lPotcW4

the dialogues are as silly as the new ones which is ok for a show targeted at children but I really like the style more as the outdated looking 3d animations of the current one. Maybe because I grew up with 2d and perceive it a bit more timeless.

why they didn't hire Gendy do at least be a consultant on any of the new star wars shit is really weird to me. Horrible omission on Disney's part. IT's similar to how Warner Brothers trusts Zack Snyder with DC properties more than the dude who is responsible for the DC animated universe ( Paul Dini Batman TAs, Superman, justice league, etc). If people were smart enough to realize Brad Bird would be great for live action movies, it honestly makes no sense to me why the studios would not give these guys a bigger role in shaping the movie universes.

I think Genndy was contracted by Cartoon Network, via Dave Filoni. When Clone Wars switched to Disney XD, that closed the book on that. Plus Lucasfilm had to justify their entire Singapore animation studio they set up for this one series called Clone Wars.

i didn't know that backstory, but regardless of the property exchanging hands, the fact that they didn't overtly try to court him to be a part of anything after that animated series is a tragedy. Like i said, i felt his animated take channeled original trilogy star wars vibes than literally anything else I have seen, I don't think I'm alone in that thought.

After watching the clone wars again, I can definitely see why people would be more critical of the new animation style.

Mea culpa y'all

You do realize this is a kids' show right? So much angst from adults over a cartoon? It's called Disney for a reason.

Angst? More like being cheesed off at the notion that I somehow don't have license to criticize a show's animation based on a totally shit-looking trailer.

But yeah, agreed, fuck Disney in general, for so many reasons.

Archived