IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

I think they'll do it like the Return of the Jedi toys, in waves. The Ewoks were such a secret before that came out, they had to black them out on the back of the figure blister packs. Notice there's no older original character figures in the first wave even though we've already officially seen Han and Chewie.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old Han & Chewie, poppin that collar playa!

DFC1709F-BCEE-412E-B88A-C754709DCDF0_zps

Disneyland tearing down or rebranding a lot of classic rides for Star Wars land, including Space Mountain. that's not right.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-disneyland-star-wars-season-force-20150925-story.html?ref=yfp

I think they'll do it like the Return of the Jedi toys, in waves. The Ewoks were such a secret before that came out, they had to black them out on the back of the figure blister packs. Notice there's no older original character figures in the first wave even though we've already officially seen Han and Chewie.

That, and kids don't want to play with an old gray haired figure - of course, the "collectors" would gobble them up nonetheless.

Ah, the days before the internet - I remember staring at those silhouettes in the tiny Star Wars catalogues wondering what they could be...

Interesting read on the approach Hasbro is taking with the new toys, apparently everything released so far is only from the first 40 minutes of the film, everything else including the characters, vehicles, settings and plot is being kept in complete secrecy until probably the middle of December right before the movie releases.

http://m.fastcompany.com/3051411/meet-the-most-powerful-force-in-the-star-wars-universe-the-man-who-makes-the-toys?partner=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=feedburner+fastcodesign&utm_content=feedburner

notice, we haven't seen one single alien in the trailers yet, but Star Wars is known for its alien designs, among other innovations. for example:

Max Von Sydow's character
Ander Serkis as Snoke
Lupita Nyong'o's character

possibly Hayden Christensen as a Force ghost

I stole the Star Wars: Empire vs Rebellion card game and it's totally boring, just a warning if anyone else was considering stealing it too, I'd go for something else.

new Rebel character Ello Asty revealed via toy. As in, Hello Nasty.

36344799-617A-46AF-8DEA-36563A53C130_zps

JJ being the Beastie Boys fan, I am not surprised. Pretty clever. His helmet says "Licensed to Ill" in Aurebesh (Star Wars language)

Breaking News: During the famous scrolling intro, instead of playing the Star Wars theme, the music will be Sabotage.

Wouldn't it make more sense if it was Intergalactic?

Breaking News: During the famous scrolling intro, instead of playing the Star Wars theme, the music will be Sabotage.

Maybe a 2 track mashup? I figure Sabotage might foreshadow some big twist.

new Rebel character Ello Asty revealed via toy. As in, Hello Nasty.

36344799-617A-46AF-8DEA-36563A53C130_zps

JJ being the Beastie Boys fan, I am not surprised. Pretty clever. His helmet says "Licensed to Ill" in Aurebesh (Star Wars language)

It says "born to ill".

Maybe a 2 track mashup? I figure Sabotage might foreshadow some big twist.

Ok, I can deal with that.

I seem to recall at some point on watmm maybe predicting a character called ello asty. heh. weird, maybe it's just deja vu or something or maybe it was in the star trek thread or somewhere, after the love for beasties came out. probably though not, i was pretty tired when i saw that yesterday, even tireder nao.

Archived