IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the idea of grown men sitting down and unironically watching a star wars animated show and fact checking the lore boggles the mind

you seem to have a large insect lodged in your anus. you might want to get that checked out lol

I watch it with my kid and I have to admit, it's pretty good for what it is. Character design and animation is still arse though.

the idea of grown men sitting down and unironically watching a star wars animated show and fact checking the lore boggles the mind

you seem to have a large insect lodged in your anus. you might want to get that checked out lol

#rekt

d-lo if you're free this autumn maybe we could meet up and i could...uh..help you with that insect amirite?

Is this an expanded universe joke? If so i don't get it

If Anakin's lightsaber is indeed the McGuffin of this story, it has a colorful past:

Killed Sand People Village

Killed Dooku
Killed Younglings
Killed Separatist Leadership
Fought against Target Droid on Millennium Falcon

Dismembered a Wampa
Killed Force Reflection on Dagobah
Lost against Vader on Bespin

Found by Alien?

Given to Queen Leia

Sought by Kylo Ren

Used by Finn?

i come at it from a more autistic 'i was there first' perspective, where It pains me to see this Reboot style CGI star wars show getting so much praise when the original 2d animated clone wars fucking destroyed it in every way.

I think you're getting hung up on the style and medium here - the story is what matters. Whether Clone Wars is as good as Rebels or vice-versa story-wise is what should be discussed.

i didn't particularly care for the story of Clone Wars to begin with, and I don't think its just the style. Something about what Genndy did to it felt like he really got what made the original star wars trilogy interesting and he was able to do it with characters from the prequels. An almost impossible feat if you ask me but he achieved it, none of these other cartoons for whatever reason even come close to spirit of that for me. There were these awesome stretches in the original clone wars cartoon with absolutely no dialog, so i think it might be these teenie bop looking Rebels/Clone Wars cgi character driven stories I just don't dig.

question: why is Return to Endor and Battle for Endor and none of the early Star Wars cartoons ever talked about by fans as canon? The Endor movies had stories written by George Lucas. Is there a reason why fans consider Knights of the Old Republican canon but not this? IS it out of embarrassment similar to the xmas special?

Star Wars Rebels season 2 is now in full swing, and they introduced some interesting tidbits to the canon mythology:

Emperor Palpatine did indeed retire the Clone Army after he though they became too old and ineffective

Some Clones removed their brain chips, and escaped obeying Order 66 to kill all the Jedi

Also, some of the Clones regret their involvement in the war, and question whether The Empire is any better than The Republic

The surviving Clones fear the Jedi coming back to seek vengeance for Order 66

i agree with you 100%.

personally, i think star wars has zero substance other than being a fun action/adventure movie. it has no deep moral/philosophical ideas... in fact it's worse, the jedis say some of the most pseudophilosophical drivel i've ever heard. i think exploring those thoughts is a huge strength of sci fi, just look at star trek: tng, battlestar galactica, etc. star wars has none of that, it's indiana jones in space.

i will give it credit in that it was one of the first really accessible sci fi movies, but why must there be cartoons, action figures, movies, and books coming out 38 years to continue this uninspired series? why can't filmmakers explore new stories, worlds and ideas? childhood nostalgia is a really lame motivation for consuming content, but it sells millions so what does that say about the state of art in this society?

Some really good points. I really like a sci fi to make me think a bit more than what star wars offers. I mean I really do love Star Wars a lot, but not for the same reason that I love Star Trek: TNG, but for the reasons you mentioned. I'm excited for the new Star Wars movies mostly because I'm probably more optimistic than I should be and I see potential for them to be enjoyable. And although I agree childhood nostalgia is pretty lame in comparison to other much more reasonable motivations, I'm still a big sucker for it. Hey, if nostalgia makes me feel warm and gooey... I love feeling warm and gooey, lol. With the chronic illnesses I deal with, I'll take whatever makes me feel good, no matter how lame it is. :P Because of that, I tend to enjoy more movies than the average, reasonable person would. I'm not knocking anyone else's opinion of coarse. I'm just doing too much trying to keep positive that I'm way more lax about things. Even when I see an obvious mistake or lack of effort or intelligence in a movie, although it does make it less enjoyable, I just don't let it ruin my having a good time. Most of the time I can't afford to.

So although it does bother me that a lot of these movies are money-grabs, I'll still see it if I think I'll enjoy it, I just wont pay top dollar for it... or in some cases any dollar for it thanks to the wonderful modern internet.

idigitaltimes is claiming to have uncovered a Major spoiler, so I'll hit it with a tag, as this is possibly the big twist in EPVII:

Kylo Ren is in fact, Han & Leia's son. Luke senses the Dark Side in him as a child, and refuses to train him as a Jedi. This sets off Kylo's obsession to collect as many of his grandfather's (Anakin) artifacts as possible.

Archived