IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

Will Yoda be in this picture? He was always my favorite.

RETURN OF THE JEDI SPOILER turn back now

Have you seen Return of the jedi?

Yes

He dead

Remember?

Yes

Good

No

I'm afraid so. Yoda dead.

No

Watch Return Of The Jedi

a few weird things about the trailer

- kylo ren's voice sounding cheesy as fuck, not quite Bane / Chris Nolan territory but a bit 'off'

- the zoom in shot with the red lights in the first order spaceship looked super strange, almost like a really rushed 3d render or not finished compositing job (peter jackson esque rushed special effects?)

- there is a shit load of action money shot stuff happening in the trailer, almost all of it in daylight. Space battles very reminiscent of the 'there is so much happening on screen at once' aesthetic we've all become quite tired of since the Phantom Menace. Other movies like Elysium, Guardians of the Galaxy have had very top notch looking CGI daylight battles like this, i was expecting something a little more unique looking which we did get in the first teaser with the Millennium Falcon Vs 1 tiefighter. This looks a lot more bland to me

- the main character just looks way too much like a sports illustrated swimsuit model who has been just sprayed down with a spray bottle to make her look sweaty

- Isaac Anthony looks weird as hell without a beard, anyone else agree?

- there is a lot more noticeable Star Trek JJ Abrams lens flare all over this shit

- some of the closeup indoor shots with spaceship control panel lights look very TV show and not cinematic like i was expecting.

-chewie and han with their hands up looking upset was the best scene, very resonant, also watching Leia hugging him was awesome.

this concludes my autistic star wars force awakens trailer #3 review

Things I noticed in the trailer: The beginning yellow shot of the desert- you can see the camera hood/whatev shadows in the top corners. In the first teaser with awesome CGI shots, they used sharpening over a slight color channels shifting effect to simulate chromatic aberration etc. making it look more crisp and realistic (like objects shot with a camera). This effect is not used in the trailer, so the CGI is much softer looking. Anyway, point being- obviously shots are not final, and due to the difference in presentation of CGI, it seems maybe they are still are unsure of final aesthetic direction.

Original Teasers = grungy crisp, dry

New Trailer = soft, wet

I really hope they finalize with the aesthetic of the teasers, because that felt... felt almost like it was shot in the 70's but in a good way. If some marketing team fucks up the aesthetics on this, I will be so pissed for no reason. Also- millions of dollars on marketing-- can't even hire Drew Struzan or similar for the poster art (or maybe he is working on it), and, the poster is some Photoshop shit, what the fuck dude.

Things I noticed in the trailer: The beginning yellow shot of the desert- you can see the camera hood/whatev shadows in the top corners. In the first teaser with awesome CGI shots, they used sharpening over a slight color channels shifting effect to simulate chromatic aberration etc. making it look more crisp and realistic (like objects shot with a camera). This effect is not used in the trailer, so the CGI is much softer looking. Anyway, point being- obviously shots are not final, and due to the difference in presentation of CGI, it seems maybe they are still are unsure of final aesthetic direction.

New Trailer = soft, wet

I really hope they finalize with the aesthetic of the teasers, because that felt... felt almost like it was shot in the 70's but in a good way. If some marketing team fucks up the aesthetics on this, I will be so pissed for no reason. Also- millions of dollars on marketing-- can't even hire Drew Struzan or similar for the poster art (or maybe he is working on it), and, the poster is some Photoshop shit, what the fuck dude.

good observations, the first trailer had a much more realistic feel to it even all the cgi shots, felt very tangible and also as you said sort of 70s color palette/film look. This looks very much like a movie made in 2015, i wonder if Disney got nervous about the original direction it was going in and made sure to put in as many cgi space battle money shots as possible.

New Trailer = soft, wet

good observations

Yes

He dead

Remember?

Yes

Good

No

No

Watch Return Of The Jedi

Sorry, I didn't watch the prequels.

Also- millions of dollars on marketing-- can't even hire Drew Struzan or similar for the poster art (or maybe he is working on it), and, the poster is some Photoshop shit, what the fuck dude.

Drew Struzan did poster art for Force Awakens:

etWcwJ9.jpg

these Daisy Ridley is too much like a model for Star Wars comments are weird, she's very pretty in a plain kind of way, not supermodel looking at all.

a few weird things about the trailer

- kylo ren's voice sounding cheesy as fuck, not quite Bane / Chris Nolan territory but a bit 'off'

- the zoom in shot with the red lights in the first order spaceship looked super strange, almost like a really rushed 3d render or not finished compositing job (peter jackson esque rushed special effects?)

- there is a shit load of action money shot stuff happening in the trailer, almost all of it in daylight. Space battles very reminiscent of the 'there is so much happening on screen at once' aesthetic we've all become quite tired of since the Phantom Menace. Other movies like Elysium, Guardians of the Galaxy have had very top notch looking CGI daylight battles like this, i was expecting something a little more unique looking which we did get in the first teaser with the Millennium Falcon Vs 1 tiefighter. This looks a lot more bland to me

- the main character just looks way too much like a sports illustrated swimsuit model who has been just sprayed down with a spray bottle to make her look sweaty

- Isaac Anthony looks weird as hell without a beard, anyone else agree?

- there is a lot more noticeable Star Trek JJ Abrams lens flare all over this shit

- some of the closeup indoor shots with spaceship control panel lights look very TV show and not cinematic like i was expecting.

-chewie and han with their hands up looking upset was the best scene, very resonant, also watching Leia hugging him was awesome.

this concludes my autistic star wars force awakens trailer #3 review

oscar isaac

these Daisy Ridley is too much like a model for Star Wars comments are weird, she's very pretty in a plain kind of way, not supermodel looking at all.

yeah I'd agree with this, if we're going by looks alone she doesnt look miscast or anything

they could of easily plucked any hollywood starlet instead

The first time I watched it, I was dumbfounded - wasn't sure what to make of it, but I wasn't excited or overjoyed like I expected I would be. I watched it one more time and went to bed.

This morning, after reading article after article about it, I watched it again.

Not ashamed to admit by the end I had tears in my eyes and was joyous.

Bring on the 18th of December.

yeah wtf - she's beautiful but not any more beautiful than carrie fisher in the first movie jesus christ leave it to adult male nerds to *COMPLAIN* about a girl being too hot lol wtf

you show 'em lolpez.

--

Also, theory.

Luke is whom they need to seek to reconnect with the ways of the force which apparently have been somewhat forgotten, this is why he isn't present on the poster, and may only show up late in this film and play a bigger role in the second. which kind of makes him a yoda like figure.

Also, unconnected to the first theory, the female lead is either luke's daughter, or leah and solo's daughter whom has been sent to keep her safe from the action to be cared for by luke who then buggers off to be one with the force leaving her to fend for herself, i dunno ,i like my first theory better, she's clearly someone's daughter.

As long as they aren't fucking sitting around, straight-backed, talking about Trade Embargos it will be an improvement.

hey you forgot walking around in front of green screens talking about trade embargos!

The shot of the Falcon in hyperspace caught me off guard, and I shed a tear. But this bums me out:

Rey appears to be crying over Han and/or Chewie's dead body

I was afraid of that, how will the audience react in theaters? Will some people shout out their disapproval or "this is bullshit!" we'll see...

The giant space weapon is Starkiller Base (ice planet), so the planet might split open to reveal the muzzle of the "gun", which is the giant red beam they are firing in the trailer, and wipes out the forest planet.

edit: I also just noticed Kylo Ren starts off with his mask on in the snow battle, but then is without it in the new trailer, probly his big "unmasking" scene, when Finn maybe strikes it off his face with Luke's lightsaber. I know, nerd logic.

Yes

He dead

Remember?

Yes

Good

No

No

Watch Return Of The Jedi

Sorry, I didn't watch the prequels.

Return of the Jedi came out in 1983.

yeah wtf - she's beautiful but not any more beautiful than carrie fisher in the first movie jesus christ leave it to adult male nerds to *COMPLAIN* about a girl being too hot lol wtf

first of all I didn't say too hot, and second of all I don't appreciate this type of tone from a man who wears a pink feather boa at outdoor festivals

Here's a pretty good timeline of what happened between Episode VI and Episode VII, truncated.

http://io9.com/everything-we-know-about-star-wars-post-return-of-the-j-1729549100

I like that the Jedi and Sith have faded into mythology, no one knows if they actually existed, much like the mythology of the Bible. No one has seen the Jedi for around 60 years, and during the Original Trilogy, only Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, and Emperor Palpatine saw Luke Skywalker alive, and realized he had been trained as a Jedi.

Archived