• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode VII - December 2015

Rogue One - December 2016

Episode VIII - May 2017

Han Solo/Boba Fett movie - May 2018

Episode IX - May 2019

Lucas trusted that Disney would protect the integrity of his franchise, but I think he greatly miscalculated.

Episode VIII - May 2017

Episode IX - May 2019

Lucas trusted that Disney would protect the integrity of his franchise, but I think he greatly miscalculated.

Well, not even Lucas could trust Lucas, so I don't see how this is any different... apart from the fact the the announced directors can actually direct action blockbusters.

Episode VIII - May 2017

Episode IX - May 2019

Well, not even Lucas could trust Lucas

Episode VIII - May 2017

Episode IX - May 2019

The "integrity" of Star Wars was lost when Lucas didn't deliver on the prequels. If anything, I think Disney is trying to restore that integrity with The Force Awakens. It's interesting that JJ Abrams (so far) says he won't come back to direct Episode 9.

An entire generation including your kids grew up with the prequels. Like Obi Wan said, it's all seen from a certain point of view. Now my nephews will grow up with this trilogy, I just hope it's not unnecessarily dark for the sake of being dark.

An entire generation including your kids grew up with the prequels. Like Obi Wan said, it's all seen from a certain point of view. Now my nephews will grow up with this trilogy, I just hope it's not unnecessarily dark for the sake of being dark.

*my* kids grew up with the originals long before the prequels were even announced (in my son's case) - my son thinks the original movies are better than the prequels (as is right and just).

I don't think Disney will take away Star Wars' magic - I mean, Empire gets pretty damn dark.

Latest rumours theories: Kylo Ren is obsessed with Darth Vader, and might be trying to either become him, clone him, or resurrect him through Luke. Vader's melted mask from Endor is seen in the trailer, as is Anakin's lightsaber (which got lost of Bespin in Empire). Finn is see wielding it in the latest clips, and it is handed to Leia by Rey or somebody.

If y'all are seriously talking about the integrity of the Star Wars universe, might I advise you to step back a minute and watch literally ANY of the 6 movies that are currently available to the public. They are all ridiculous. They all have their good and bad moments, and from what I understand of it (not a SW geek, sorry) Lucas was responsible for lots of the bad and perhaps some of the good. I don't think there's anyone who'll argue that Ep: 4-6 are worse than Ep: 1-3, but nonetheless 4-6 are full of just absolute silliness (and much of it is NOT endearing, to me at least...).

If anything, I think Disney will really ramp up the quality and strength of the universe, truly bring it to a place where it can be held up as mature; don't worry, it'll still have plenty of camp and fun, as they have to sell toys to kids. Really, that's the point of it all, don't you forget it.

When I say integrity, I meant it had a predefined outline, a beginning a middle and an end, albeit Lucas seems to have extended that ending by going with a third trilogy. Get back to me in 20 years when there's 20 more movies and they churn a new one out every year, the uniqueness will be gone. Yes they will do a fourth trilogy if this one is even mildly successful. The 3 year gaps gave audiences and fans a chance to anticipate the next one and fully process the previous film, and provided space for new fans to join the crowd. There's only a 5 month gap between Rogue One and Episode VIII FFS, who can get excited when we'll be bombarded by the franchise non stop? Plus you'll have Rebels and possibly even more tv shows with a constant media presence.

On the good side, maybe the games will finally be consistent in quality if they keep farming them out to AAA third party studios.

Man I hope this isn't true, reincarnating Vader would be an even dumber JJ twist than making Cumberbatch an Indian prince in Star Trek. Maybe a Force ghost I could forgive, but a lot of fans hated Hayden as Anakin.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/129634121421/hayden-christensen-rumoured-for-star-wars-8

Disney SAYS they value this franchise above all else, but they also say they have a 100 year plan for Star Wars, that doesn't bode well. but yeah you can't have showbusiness without the business. fuck all, it's just a movie, I'm not blind to that. this world has serious problems, and Star Wars isn't one of them. It is a good distraction though, especially to people in terrible countries where they are suffering, and need to escape for a few hours. During the Great Depression in the US, movie ticket sales went thru the roof, it was a cheap escape from the dreariness of reality.

Benicio Del Toro pretty much confirmed as a villain in Episode VIII

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/star-wars-episode-viii-benicio-122936060.html

He also later backtracked and said that he never really said he was a playing a villain... who knows

will be funny if the toy company ships out supreme leader snoke toys before JJ even wanted his character to be revealed. Really surprised how well they've managed to keep most of the official details under wraps, the toys/merchandise seem to be the only thing ruining that at the moment.

Archived