IGNORED

Jurassic World (2015)

Guest jasondonervan

i saw someone today when i was wondering around with a popcorn container branded for this film cause he'd just watched it obviously, he looked kind of listless and shellshocked.

I will still watch, because dinosaurs and it can't be as bad as a film with the same premise made by the scifi chunnel.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol^

he's right though. defs not as bad as a lot of you are thinking, but some areas of the production did totally stink. it was at its worse when it was being hollywood-y and predictable / pandering.

it had some surprisingly great moments and unexpected bits which kept it from outright sucking imo. before I go any further, spoiler tag time!

what I thought sucked: too much focus on the new hybrid dinosaur even for it being a huge plot point. with the raptors now essentially domesticated, there weren't many scary dinosaurs other than that one and the flying things.

the part where the British lady is killed is weirdly gratuitous, it left both me and my sis going 'wtf'. the only explaination I can think of is that they wanted to remind the viewers about the big sea monster that comes back at the very end.

the two main kids were mostly uninteresting, I feel like there needed to be a third 'friend' to round out that whole dynamic. the older one was kinda weird looking for a teenage star, but I only mean that in a mainstream sense. potential future keanu Reeves?

hmm what else...weird that they fixed a jeep so easily, surely it would be near impossible to fix after that amount of time.

i'm sure there were other specific gripes i had, i might come back and edit them in...

what did i like?

vincent denofrio was a great baddie, probs the best performance in the film. love how they barely react to his death too haha, just left the room like 'k now what'

pratt was good too, but a little heavy on the serious glare thing.

the bits that were less serious and jokey mostly worked pretty well.

i get the impression it could have started out being a smarter film then it got 'punched up' a lot to make it more family friendly or hollywoody or whatever.

overall, probably not worth seeing in the cinema, but a worthy enough sequal and doesn't suck as hard as most sequels tend to.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

So, how about those...

...motherfucking pterodactyls with fucking T-Rex heads?! Seriously, that was the dumbest shit ever

maybe you guys should stop looking for accurate depiction of dinosaurs in hollywood summer blockbuster movies which sole purpose is to make millions on dollars just from hype.

It was one of the worst movies I've seen in a while. Though I don't watch many movies. About an hour in I wanted it to be over, I didn't care to see the rest. But I was with people I know so.

It was just one big pile of awkward the whole way through. Maybe I was just not in the mood, dunno. I saw JP 1, and 2 a few years ago, this was worse. Can't remember 3.

Long story short, it's incredibly predictable, when it sets up the characters you know EXACTLY what's going to happen during their character arc, you know immediately who the main human bad guy is, and learn very soon how he's going to meet his end. It doesn't help that many of the characters were copied over from the original. Ugh.

Heh, the insane box office numbers confirms a sequel.

Universal Pictures proudly presents..... Cambrian Land

*image or gif of the Darth Vader "NOOOO" scene*

I think they should try Paleozoic Palace. A Chuck E Cheese style place for kids and shit just goes wrong with those trilobites.

Since the moment chris "flavor of the month" patt was announced as the lead it was corfirmed to me this was going to be a money making schem, wish the general public would realise this so we finally get a "cleaner and purer" hollywood, but these guys in suits they love DA MONAH!!$!!

Guest bitroast

obligatory Red letter media review.

started watching but stopped at the SPOILER warning. damn. really gotta get around to seeing this and mad max. i keep swearing off hollywood and saying im never gonna watch bullshit stupid movies again but something always comes out that grabs my attention.

easily the worst movie i've seen all year. i'm usually a harsher critic than most of my friends but this time everyone of my friends has hated it so far. goddamit what a dumb fucking movie.

fuckin vincent d'nofrio fucking fuck ruins every fucking movie and makes shitty movies 1000000000000000000xshittier

i literally lol'd when i realized that all 3 other movies were cannon and somehow they managed to entice people to come back to the dinosaur park after several "epic fails" resulting in numerous gruesome casualties. and now there's going to be another sequel...

fuckin vincent d'nofrio fucking fuck ruins every fucking movie and makes shitty movies 1000000000000000000xshittier

really? he was defs one of the best parts imo

he is the worst part of anything he is in. this is no exception

Archived