IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

I loved the second season, but was pretty disappointed with the finale. It had all the trappings of a cliffhanger ending, which is pretty lame, but it's a prequel, so we know how things are going to turn out with Jimmy professionally, and who wrote the note for Mike.

For me this show thrives on the little moments, and falls flat on the typical TV drama stuff.

The season 'finale' was just like the first one, an anti-climax.

I think they're just having fun and playing with the audiences expectations.

Remember when the first season ended, and it had Jimmy driving off triumphantly singing Smoke on the Water? Leaving you struggling to comprehend the reasoning and deeper level meaning...only to have the exact scene played out again in the first episode of season 2, except simply continuing the scene and showing us it had little importance. It were as if they simply 'paused the film' in between the series - and i think that's what they're doing now again

I thought season 2 was great! A step up in many ways. Definitely took it's liberties in slowing the pace right down to a crawl in some episodes, but that only heightens the effects of the other scenes, plus the characters and cinematography are so good at this point it's just a pleasure to watch anything.

From Peter Gould (co-creator with Vince Gilligan)

"Now that the cat is out of the bag, we’re certainly thinking Gus Fring had a hand in what happened with Mike at the end of season two. He’s certainly, it’s safe to say, already a presence on the show."

Also in that interview, they didn't think that fans would figure out the "FRINGSBACK" anagram in the titles as fast as they did. They thought they would be able to reveal it during the off-time between seasons and build up hype. But a couple of dedicated fans foiled their plans.

• 3 months later...

He looks younger now he has lost a bit of weight so they could use him no problem. Saul fucking about drives him to comfort eat.

• 5 months later...

When's it starting Rubin?

February

Sadly, I think it's going to start later than that. The show has premiered in Feb. in the past, but AMC is being very coy about it this year. They're saying a Spring premier.

• 2 months later...