IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

didn't Jimmy use the Saul Goodman name back in the day, tho? when he was running those watch scams with his old partner who died in the alley?

edit: yup

Either the director has a foot fetish or there's some symbolism I'm missing with Kim. Almost every episode seems to have either low shots of her in high heels, changing shoes or close shots of her bare feet...Is it like a metaphor of her changing roles (a woman in different shoes) or something?

One thing I've still not quite worked out is the intro sequence aesthetic - seems like dv footage with glitching bits and a Vhs/camcorder font. Can't work out what it's meant to allude to (if anything)

Either the director has a foot fetish or there's some symbolism I'm missing with Kim. Almost every episode seems to have either low shots of her in high heels, changing shoes or close shots of her bare feet...Is it like a metaphor of her changing roles or something?

One thing I've still not quite worked out is the intro sequence aesthetic - seems like dv footage with glitching bits and a Vhs/camcorder font. Can't work out what it's meant to allude to (if anything)

Tarantino directed those episodes using an alias

Either the director has a foot fetish or there's some symbolism I'm missing with Kim. Almost every episode seems to have either low shots of her in high heels, changing shoes or close shots of her bare feet...Is it like a metaphor of her changing roles (a woman in different shoes) or something?

not only Kim

just like Chuck's mental illness shoes/feet seem to be a visual device for being in control / grounded vs losing it, being detached etc

Kim usually takes her shoes off when around 'saul' (eg last season after they conned that stock trader)

Jimmy worked and slept in a nail/pedicure salon

Hector put his feet on Gus' desk - yet he had to pick chewing gum off his soles

Also the shoes that Mike snipes - no direct interference

Nacho used his foot to cover the pill of Hector

probably more, but doesn't look like a mere coincidence

Edited by vincentvc

not only Kim

just like Chuck's mental illness shoes/feet seem to be a visual device for being in control / grounded vs losing it, being detached etc

Kim usually takes her shoes off when around 'saul' (eg last season after they conned that stock trader)

Jimmy worked and slept in a nail/pedicure salon

Hector put his feet on Gus' desk - yet he had to pick chewing gum off his soles

Also the shoes that Mike snipes - no direct interference

Nacho used his foot to cover the pill of Hector

probably more, but doesn't look like a mere coincidence

Good shout, yeah you're so right - Many a shoe/foot motif throughout !

Isn't the intro made to look like something made on a Video Toaster. Not sure of the reason, though. Saul Goodman using tacky and bad tech to make his commercials?

That's definitely what I first thought when starting the series as I knew it was a prequel so assumed it was going to be set early/mid-90s. Though any time you see a computer it seems like they're running XP so I'm assuming more early-mid 00s where video toasters were buried along with Will Wheaton and Tony's Hawk's partings

• 2 weeks later...

No new episode this week? :(

nope, only 3 more to go too.

Ep 8 didn't air in the US bc of Memorial Day, but did air overseas.

No episode for me in the UK

there's no torrents and nothing.

look closer.

Nacho practices, and then executes his switch of Hector's meds, Saul is struggling with his commercial business, Mike is out in the desert doing who knows what

The intensity of the 'pill switch' sequence tho

I totally thought the cook was gonna be staring at Nacho when Nacho looked up after making the switch.