IGNORED

So like, RollingStone gave U2 spam Album of the Year?

LimpyLoo

yup

and some of my music friends praised the U2 thing

like it was a 'savvy business move'

and you could literally make the same argument for penis enlargement emails

(oh god that reminds me of Pomplamoose, the 'ironic indie cover' internet spam darlings

I hope their latest PR move gives everyone a bad taste in they mouth

and the band fades into oblivion, right where they belong)

Guest bitroast

well i'm glad the dubstep masters skrillex and rock titans weezer have beaten smelly aphlex twen who eats shrooms and mashes a bunch of buttons on a fucking computer anyway

didnt even bother making a video with that face the loser doesn't deserve to be on the list

I tried to get the new U2 album legitimately via iTunes after everyone else had it forced upon them. But iTunes would not accept my password choice, so I torrented it off pirate bay. I made it through almost three songs before realizing I wasn't interested. All i remember is that the vocals were extraordinarily loud in proportion to everything else. They ought to get back in touch with Lanois/Eno.

syro "On this magnificent comeback there are flashes of soul-jazz fusion, stadium EDM, jungle, dubstep"

wot?

It sounds fucking terrible - I was going to buy it until I read that.

syro "On this magnificent comeback there are flashes of soul-jazz fusion, stadium EDM, jungle, dubstep"

wot?

It sounds fucking terrible - I was going to buy it until I read that.

The skrillkz album reads much better imo

the drop-aholic DJ made a surprisingly varied full-length packed with mind-blowing experiments with two-step, jungle, vintage techno and more.

I didn't even think anyone took these lists seriously anymore.

That being said, any albums on their I should check out? I recognized some names but haven't heard anything apart from a couple tracks off that U2 album

I didn't even think anyone took these lists seriously anymore.

That being said, any albums on their I should check out? I recognized some names but haven't heard anything apart from a couple tracks off that U2 album

I do like to check Pitchfork's year end lists. I've discovered some decent stuff through them (mostly outside the electronic realm).

this list is fucking ridiculous

the most PR moneywhore thing i've ever seen

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-albums-of-2014-20141201

Finally took a look at the list:

Standouts:

Syro

Run the Jewels 2

better than average:

the new Fly Lo

Damon Albarn

Thom Yorke

boring: