IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

Guest transmisiones ferox

hoping that the barn dance lives up to its name

yeh you don't drop barn dance lightly

especially in Cornwall

through a Cornwall barn dance darkly

disk prep calrec2 barn dance [slo] (alternative 180db_ mix)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

man i want albums full of these tracks not EPs :cattears:

:cattears:

me too. hopefully not too greedy hoping theres more coming w/o having even heard the release. that's not too greedy, right?

man i want albums full of these tracks not EPs :cattears:

:cattears:

me too. hopefully not too greedy hoping theres more coming w/o having even heard the release. that's not too greedy, right?

i speculate i'm giving us a 17.8/26 on level of greed for a thing we haven't heard yet

Plaid, in particular, worked with him a couple times, to my knowledge. Plaid was also interested in gamelan music, and I think they actually worked with one once.

I'm getting more of an Autechre vibe out of this one. EP7?

maphive ? gelk ? i remember reading that Ae were into gamelan music, on some late 90s interview.

Yeah definitely reminds me of Maphive 6.1, but moreso reminds me of VI Scose Poise

That Balinese Gamelan video was one of the most incredible things i have ever seen. I'm not one to say something "blew my mind" but i don't really know how else to express the awe i felt watching that. If this new EP contains anything similar i will be absolutely thrilled. My guess is we will get a few entirely percussive songs kind like this, a few clean straightforward piano tracks, a couple prepared piano tracks, and (hopefully) 1 or 2 fully fleshed out lush tracks with the drums, organs and piano etc all working together.

Guest LoveRhino

after all of the whining on this board, why would anybody pre-order from bleep?

o

I preordered from them. Only had good experiences of stuff arriving intact and on time and I am exactly on the other side of the world from where they ship.

This anticipation makes me want to revisit Wisconsin.

One of the few ambitions I have in life is to visit The House on the Rock

:wub:

maphive ? gelk ? i remember reading that Ae were into gamelan music, on some late 90s interview.

Yeah definitely reminds me of Maphive 6.1, but moreso reminds me of VI Scose Poise

Reminds me of:

Less obvious, I believe, but Liccflii has a strong gamelan vibe as well. Not in terms of sound like Maphive though. But in structure and melody.

Guest progben

Can't find the OP but Joyrex said that these were the HAT eps (and everyone got excited about the plurality of the situation but...) with this in mind, it's disk HAT. (disk obviously for the piano).

Looked at some acronyms and the two most likely IMO for HAT are: Hardware Acceptance Test (robots) or Hyper Active Thyroid (given Richard's recent interest in rearranging the way you think/feel with music). Any thoughts?

Also, since the first track is long and called diskhat ALL, do people think it will be a culmination of several other tracks on the EP (layered over oneanother), or is ALL another acronym?

Can't find the OP but Joyrex said that these were the HAT eps (and everyone got excited about the plurality of the situation but...) with this in mind, it's disk HAT. (disk obviously for the piano).

Looked at some acronyms and the two most likely IMO for HAT are: Hardware Acceptance Test (robots) or Hyper Active Thyroid (given Richard's recent interest in rearranging the way you think/feel with music). Any thoughts?

Also, since the first track is long and called diskhat ALL, do people think it will be a culmination of several other tracks on the EP (layered over oneanother), or is ALL another acronym?

I did see when Joy casually mentioned 'EPs' I think in the 'guess what the new shit is' thread. No cryptic hints or anything. Confirmed a part 1 is on the way in my needy mind.

Hit Any Thing.

Hit Any Thing.

This.

http://www.logosfoundation.org/instrum_gwr/HAT.html

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Hit Any Thing.

This.

This is the robot the Logos Foundation built for Aphex Twin, playing "Notification Old Hat" by Yvan Vander Sanden with the M&M robot orchestra.

Hit Any Thing.

This.

This is the robot the Logos Foundation built for Aphex Twin, playing "Notification Old Hat" by Yvan Vander Sanden with the M&M robot orchestra.

Very cool. I'm enthused. Do I hear a xylophone?

Archived