IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

Is it only 100% computer controlled drums on this EP?

I hope the drums are experimental stuff cuz we all know that Richard can fuck with the musical rythm and still got it to sound fresh!
But I also wish (someone did mention it here) that is going to be that classic Aphex Twin darkness melodic haunting stuff.. like on Analord! Damn there are soo many things he can do with his machines. :aphexsign:

Anyway, for us fans we couldnt have a better start on this year and Im really thankfull.

Thank you Richard

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it only 100% computer controlled drums on this EP?

I hope the drums are experimental stuff cuz we all know that Richard can fuck with the musical rythm and still got it to sound fresh!

But I also wish (someone did mention it here) that is going to be that classic Aphex Twin darkness melodic haunting stuff.. like on Analord! Damn there are soo many things he can do with his machines. :aphexsign:

Anyway, for us fans we couldnt have a better start on this year and Im really thankfull.

Thank you Richard

I hope for the same :) That metz track is sounding pretty acoustic and is definitely in line with what you are saying (but with some.. dare I say swagger?) If any of these tracks sound like it, I'll be pretty happy. (Also I appreciate the positive vibe of your posts. woo)

^ lol

I never really liked the "dark" Aphex stuff so I hope that release will still be kind of accessible. I'd love to hear Aphex doing some smooth-jazz.

Computer Controlled Smooth Jazz obv.

Well, considering two of the tracks have 'piano' in the titles, and others refer to 'prep' which I assume is prepared piano, I'd say there would be some piano on this release :emotawesomepm9:

i think i remember reading he uses a disklavier piano, and a lot of track titles have "disk" in them. So maybe there is more piano in this Ep. Or maybe not.

Well, considering two of the tracks have 'piano' in the titles, and others refer to 'prep' which I assume is prepared piano, I'd say there would be some piano on this release :emotawesomepm9:

First Jason Donervan discovering the copyright trick via Youtube to identify tracks, now this! Amazing deduction skills here at WATMM! :w00t:

The only thing that kinda scares me about this release is it's experimental nature... while exciting, it may result in music I just don't want to or worse, can't listen to. I can respect Richard for wanting to try something experimental, though.

That, and the fact it has the same white on black packaging like the Smojphace EP had... *shudders*

The piano based stuff on drukqs was often less experimental and more melodic than the electronic tracks. And aisatsana was very dreamy. This record might be happier than it seems from the cover. He was saying in the noyzelab interview that people need to make positive uplifting music too. You know to, um . . . cheer us up about the looming apocalypse that will destroy everything we know.

As for Smojphace, I never listen to it, although I've still got it. At least those weird noise tracks are way less scary than that track on drukqs with people screaming. I kinda wish that Men label had put out more records, I bet they would have been nuts.

Guest bitroast

im more wary of the length of the thing. main reason i'm hanging out for a part 1 (assuming pt2 means part 2) is just to have some extra material to sink into :)

those wary of the quality of this release, keep in mind it is an 'aphex twin' release and not an 'afx' release; it's going to be just as polished and nice as we'd expect

also, i noticed you can hear him using the piano in that one track he played at metz which is likely going to be on this EP:

those wary of the quality of this release, keep in mind it is an 'aphex twin' release and not an 'afx' release; it's going to be just as polished and nice as we'd expect

also, i noticed you can hear him using the piano in that one track he played at metz which is likely going to be on this EP:

i think there is only one way to verify that...

oh jasondonervaaaaaan :catrecline:

The first minute in th Bloc 2011 set is experimental accustic and verry Aphex'ish

i reckon this 1 is a safe bet

will never forget hearing this 1 in person.....

This one sounds absolutely fantastic and acoustically computer-controlled. Bingo

Am I the only one who is getting a bit Ghost In The Shell + Akira soundtrack vibes from all these percussion tracks? Especially that Wroclaw track psn posted a couple of pages back.

fix'd (great video btw Djeroek)

I'm just going to keep on listening to Victor Gama's Rephlex album to keep me satisfied until the 23rd.

Oh, Bloc 2011, I seem to remember my pasty face was projected on the screens when they turned the ASCII filter over the camera feeds off :)

Am I the only one who is getting a bit Ghost In The Shell soundtrack vibes from all these percussion tracks? Especially that Wroclaw track psn posted a couple of pages back.

Yes, me too, probably the "chime" sounds. It reminds me a bit of that "Ghost in the Shell" track that was accredited to Aphex Twin that floated around old file sharing clients like Limewire and Kazaa. Shame chime noises as the OST and all that, but not actually RDJ's work :) I do seem to remember reading he won some magazine competition by submitting a track made up entirely of GitS samples, not sure how true that one is.

GitS OST is gorgeous though, I'd be very happy if it has a similar vibe.

Oh, Bloc 2011, I seem to remember my pasty face was projected on the screens when they turned the ASCII filter over the camera feeds off :)

Am I the only one who is getting a bit Ghost In The Shell soundtrack vibes from all these percussion tracks? Especially that Wroclaw track psn posted a couple of pages back.

Yes, me too, probably the "chime" sounds. It reminds me a bit of that "Ghost in the Shell" track that was accredited to Aphex Twin that floated around old file sharing clients like Limewire and Kazaa. Shame chime noises as the OST and all that, but not actually RDJ's work :) I do seem to remember reading he won some magazine competition by submitting a track made up entirely of GitS samples, not sure how true that one is.

GitS OST is gorgeous though, I'd be very happy if it has a similar vibe.

Hah, blast from the past. Loved that track as a young Kazaa kid, even though it was blatantly obvious it wasn't Aphex. About the magazine competition: that was a Future Music competition to remix Sci Fi Staircase, a track originally by Luke Vibert. He entered it under the name Tahnaiya Russel, look it up (called SciRem).

Archived