IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

Oh lawd we have been blessed. I hope it's weird.

i think its safe to say its going to be a lot fucking weirder than Pusher's dad-jazz ZIMA cocktease

LMAO perfect description

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the breaks remind me of dgohn sorta

could be anyone? maybe?

That was the first name that crossed thru ma mind about 30 seconds in! Definitely don't have the cohesive quality I'd expect from RDJ

I'm really curious if these will be of the 'raw take' variety or edited and manipulated in post production. Or will they be sort of hybrids recorded in a multitrack format (but live) and effected in post production.

my prediction is that they will be mostly raw takes with no extra effects added, maybe a reverb burst or delay and reverse here and there but minimally used

I would be suprised if they were raw takes. I can't think of anything he has released on warp that wasn't nice and polished.

You're probably right regarding the effects though.

I dunno, I'd bet on the minimal processing. He did say most of the Syro tracks were mostly recorded live with minimal tweaking, and I'd guess setting up a great acoustic chamber with mikes everywhere...a month of mixing...then play+record might be more of his thing these days

I'm mostly wondering about when will we get to hear a track from the EP or the previews?

This close to release, I would be surprised if we got a preview, although sometimes third-party outlets selling stock sometimes bung up a snippet under the radar...

yeah im actually hoping we dont hear any teases or snippets or leaks. just like back in 2002/3 ish when i went to the outdoor shopping complex across from my grandparents house and spent an hour looking at CDs at Best Buy to stumble upon Analogue Bubblebath 3 in all it's minimal packaging glory. At the time, knew aphex twin but not about all his aliases, but had heard of his afx alias. With goosebumps and extreme curiosity and no wikipedia to instantly satisfy my quest for knowledge, i tore open the packaging and popped it in my car cd player and discovered the weird world of afx. best way to discover afx imo- not even reading about it first- just straight from the laser.

you get a feeling of what it might be like from the dj sets, gloomy detuned sounds, with steve reich-esque poly rythyms, bleeding into fat basses, cant wait to hear the full quality, and the weight and deepness that it's probably going to have :D

Come to think of it, the idea of computers controlling acoustic instruments by Richard sounds like some super eerie shit. fuck. like truly nightmarish... in an awesome way. this could be like the ultimate stock music- inhuman methods using human tools.

Im predicting that this will be the darkest/creepiest (even if not intentional- though as we know everyhing he does is intentional) afx release to date

Bleep.

and the added possibility of receiving it prior to release. I had my copy of Syro two days before it came out.

Hah! yes maybe in the U.K you get it on time. I always get my pre-orders from bleep several days late. They always ship it like two-three days before the release date, guaranteeing a late delivery!

Yeah I think I'm gonna avoid preorder and just buy it in a store. I think Syro ended up costing me $50 incl. postage for the vinyl version, then I saw it for $35 in store after I bought it. Lame

after all of the whining on this board, why would anybody pre-order from bleep?

I learned my lesson. Received Syro 3 weeks after release date from Bleep. Definitely picking this one up at the shop.

Archived