IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

after all of the whining on this board, why would anybody pre-order from bleep?

Because of the potential free sticker or dropcard when ordering directly from the label? I'm not sure, I just wanted to secure my pre-order immediately and Bleep was the only one at that time (would I have waited just one hour I would've ordered at Norman, but yeah)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest transmisiones ferox

last chance for Bleep

I've decided to just use blorp for digital files and physical copies that don't really make the U.S. market. Otherwise I can get things quicker and cheaper with better odds of being unfucked by postage handling from local shops or, let's be honest, Amazon.

When Blerp offered high quality downloads with a physical purchase (rather than MP3), that was a differentiating factor and a good incentive for Blerping things.

Because you are directly supporting the label and the artist instead of splitting money between various distributors?

I haven't had any problems with Bleep, aside from a couple damaged "Twoism" and "Trans Canada Highway" represses, but I'm guessing that wasn't their fault. They replaced them promptly with no hassle. Also, I've gotten a few things way earlier than the release when I pre-ordered (I got the "Seefeel" album like two whole weeks early), even though I live in the States. It seems to me that I used to get more stickers back in the day (around 2008/2009), and often it was random stuff like a Flying Lotus or Warp20 sticker or "Drukqs" postcard. Nowadays, it seems like I'm lucky if I get an extra freebie, like a chartruse Aphex sticker or see-through Clark sticker. They don't seem as generous with that stuff any more.

I wonder if this gonna sound like Rephlex artist: Pierre Bastien or this breakcore intense! :)

I'm picturing it Pierre Bastiene-esque.. with aphex darkness, weirdness :) Cannot wait to find out!

My last bleep order came 2 months late after release date(heterotic cd). Since then I've just used Amazon. You don't get any digital files or swag, but I don't care, everything has arrived on time from Amazon.

that reddit track is nice.

on a completely unrelated note, i wish monolith would release more photodementia/labyrynthine stuff.

woah since when was the labyrinthine stuff confirmed as monolith?

My last bleep order came 2 months late after release date(heterotic cd). Since then I've just used Amazon. You don't get any digital files or swag, but I don't care, everything has arrived on time from Amazon.

Most of the physical releases I've bought from Amazon had free digital downloads, ye just have to look for the "autorip" tag. Some smaller releases don't seem to be supported, but it was there on, e.g. Exai (I bought the cd through Amazon for some reason I can't recall).

I think they're VBR and not 320, mind. And you have to jump through a hoop now and download through the (free) Amazon music app, which is dumb but takes just a tick.

that reddit track is nice.

on a completely unrelated note, i wish monolith would release more photodementia/labyrynthine stuff.

woah since when was the labyrinthine stuff confirmed as monolith?

It wasn't! Could be Patronen or whoever too for all I know. But yeah, this is pretty unrelated indeed :)

Anyway: when I ordered Syro @ Bleep I paid extra for it to delivered on time. It was still a week past the release date so everyone around me bought it in stores even a few days before release. Pissed me off a bit, but not enough because this time around I paid for normal shipping costs so it could take even longer.

Most annoying about them is still the handling of multiple items (in stock or pre-order) in one order. Basically: the more you buy, the more shipping costs you pay. They're excellent for digitals anyway.

I wonder if this gonna sound like Rephlex artist: Pierre Bastien or this breakcore intense! :)

I'm picturing it Pierre Bastiene-esque.. with aphex darkness, weirdness :) Cannot wait to find out!
Yeah I think you got it right there.. experimental darkness stuff ofc the whole cover is darkness :)

I didn't read through any of the thread but has anyone considered that PT1 is simply the name of the LP that comes out after the EP (PT2) comes out? He had enough material for an LP + EP and decided to release the EP first or something.

I didn't read through any of the thread but has anyone considered that PT1 is simply the name of the LP that comes out after the EP (PT2) comes out? He had enough material for an LP + EP and decided to release the EP first or something.

That's what the phex' wants us to think.

Legendary troll trolls us again!

But if it were to be true, that would be awesome,.

I wouldn't really read too much in to that PT2.

I just had a fantasy about my 12" showing up a few days early and making me the happiest boy in the world.

Fantasize what you fanaticize i suppose.

Archived