IGNORED

Ghostbusters with Female Cast

QBLA

sorry, i wasn't clear the last time:

jesus christ shut the fuck up *already

So do you agree or disagree that the whole ghostbusters 'controversy' is overplayed or not?

It's just media clickbait. They love shallow controversies in which people fight over.

Say something with substance and not just cuss at me.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O lad

you sure about the 'lad' part? Assuming you're talking to me. Btw your avatar still freaks me out since it looks like my sister.

Both have flaws, 2 more so than 1. To better state, both are moderately flawed with 2 having a greater amount. 1 loses its pacing IMO, the effects/creatures often cross the line over 'silly fun' and into 'well that's just stupid and looks cheap/shitty' (and yes even when I was 8 it still looked cheap), much of the romance is weak and forced, the characters are clichés that sometimes works, sometimes just comes off as lazy writing/acting, poor black Ghostbusters is almost ignored and seems totally forgettable, the ending is fun but drowns in its own sweetness...etc., etc., etc.

I agree. I mean it's at least in part a kids movie so. I kinda wish I was a kid and wasn't so critical of things. My little brother thinks everything is great. I wish I still had that attitude. O well.

Are you not a lad?

+ I've got even more Isabelle Adjani avs on deck, so er... strap in.

edit - Take heed of Blank's words, y'all.

Are you not a lad?

hehehe. I've noticed that I personally tend to assume people who create braindunce music are guys. I mean, it really isn't a thing. But it IS a thang, you know? I wonder if there's some official poll out of the ratio of male/females in the community, like in general, not just on watmm.

I showed my sister your avatar like a month ago, and she was speechless. It's THAT close. It's doppleganger/twin territory.

Together, we will defeat 'arguing about feminism'.

It really isn't off-topic when this is the media created controversy surrounding the film. For the views and CA$$$H. Same thing they pulled with Donald Trump "oh look at the mean thing he said recently!". Why do you think these types of things got more views than the things he was suggesting policy wise? Maybe it's because the media is basically just reality TV. (duhh)

That's the 'side' I'm on though 'defeating' arguing about feminism. I can't wait until the wave passes, THOUGH another wave will probably just take it over, and the important issues will simply be glossed over.. again.

Are you not a lad?

hehehe. I've noticed that I personally tend to assume people who create braindunce music are guys. I mean, it really isn't a thing. But it IS a thang, you know? I wonder if there's some official poll out of the ratio of male/females in the community, like in general, not just on watmm.

there's also the fact that you listed your gender as "male"

hmmmmm, Are you picking up on some insinuation somewhere? Why must everything on the internet be true? I never said I was anything, and why must a drop down box determine my gender?

Are you not a lad?

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/studio-en-ff1c81e5c42b5aa5da19773f13273702.html

hmmmmm, Are you picking up on some insinuation somewhere? Why must everything on the internet be true? I never said I was anything, and why must a drop down box determine my gender?

who hurt you Brisbot, what's her name? it's time to get over her

who hurt you Brisbot, what's her name? it's time to get over her

listen.. she... she... well... we there sitting there, watching the ghostbusters trailer. And she laughed at one part for a split second. So I wailed.. I wailed deeply. Having no counter argument of any kind I simply said "Jesus Christ shut the fuck up already!" while she was in the middle of her laughter. Then we broke up. Now she's with some body builder. I've been eating lifting weights everyday to compensate so that I can get her back but I just can't. Whatever I lose while in the gym, I just gain back from the ice cream I ingest later.

I went and saw it out of curiosity to see if it lived up to the anti-hype, and the answer is no imho. It was kinda boring, but I didn't walk out or anything. The whole phenomenon surrounding the hate toward ghostbusters has been interesting though. I imagine that movie 'nine lives' is going to be worse so it's interesting how Ghostbusters was focused on the way it was.

They definitely could have made a better trailer out of movie clips from what I saw.

Also I barely remember seeing the original Ghostbusters so I am missing out on the whole 'ruining a classic' thing.

if you need any proof that the reactionary alt right are objectively worse than the "sjw feminazi" crowd just dive into social media and see which world you would rather live in..

oh yeah, the alt right are worse of course. I guess our definitions of 'anti-feminism' are different. A lot of people scared of Muslims for no good reason. They have a much higher chance of dying from a car wreck or a gun shot, drinking too much, than you know, every day things rather than some random terrorist...

the hatred in these people scares me more than any other kind. it's pretty frightening.

People's identities become ingrained with either ideology, and they take it way too personally if you bring up some point against them like it's an attack on them or their character. I have a couple alt-right friends who do get angry like this. They are nice people like most people, but talking about politics isn't recommended around them. I tend to think both sjw's and alt-right are stubborn but the alt-right is probably more stubborn. I only have 2 sjw friends and they are more mellow. But I don't have a large sample size for both, it's just observation.

It's odd how a few people will end up falling into these camps almost directly.

**THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Every few months, an estimated one billion quality threads on WATMM are destroyed, closed and locked away forever, never to surface the internet again. They slowly sink to the grimey virtual depths, only to serve as fertiliser 100 years later. This is due to the recent uproar of the off-topic epidemic known as 'arguing about feminism'. But we can work together. With your help, we can stop this destruction of these innocent threads by donating at least one hug a month to our moderators, the community and to our WATMM server providers. Together, as a hug-conjoined, united music forum, we can send away these unacknowledged symptoms of bad luck that affect the lands of WATMM. Together, we will defeat 'arguing about feminism'.

Thank you for your time. Stay safe.

wnerYDV.jpg

lol!

That's great and Imma let you finish, but Sex and the City 2 is the worst film of all time.

will everyone who i disagree with just shut the fuck up already? stop expressing opinions contrary to the lefty intellectual safe space hive mind we've created here and cut your dicks off and watch this movie and pretend to enjoy it. you oppressed women, you owe them. women are literally being payed less to do the same exact work as men. and no i'm not talking about the middle east i'm talking about western so-called 'civilization', the true cess-pit of the world. i mean dear god, this is 2016 and men are still actually ATTRACTED to attractive women and can't help but express that sometimes! OH MY GOD! how terrible. those nasty, nasty, penis having people. now just go laugh at the slap stick zany screw ball modern comedy train wreck. because there are walking vaginas (as bill clinton or jfk, two huge (and typical) liberal heros would see them) in it this time.

look at how you wonderfully tolerant left wingers surround someone (who, beautifully enough just so happens to be one of you) who dares to post some things that go against your incestuous group think, and pounce like a pack of dogs.

www.hugboxes.com

www.safespace.com

to answer your question yeah maybe some of them are now finally holding bill responsible for a few things, on blogs or forums. but will still vote for his wife who was 100% behind him when he did those things. that's how you people work.

just to illustrate, someone else in this thread mentioned how terrible it was that women were objectified and that's why we owe it to ourselves as a society to listen to insane radical feminists now. but let me ask you people, if we were to compile a list of the biggest objectifiers of women, including influential groups and individuals in the last 100 years, along with their political leanings, what do you think that list is going to look like? do we wanna do this? will it be populated by a bunch of nasty old alt right wingers and/or neocons? or would it be a bunch of people and groups who not only were/are heavily liberal but were even defended for (and even CHEERED ON) their actions of female objectification by liberals everywhere? how funny that you liberals create these problems then become the most vocal groups out there saying we ought to let your chosen politicians get in office to fix the problems you created.

The female ghostbusters got promoted instead of the male ghostbusters who were more qualified. Hilarity ensues.

Archived