IGNORED

Alien 5

Soloman Tump

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha Alien 3 is not a bad film for a directorial debut by David Fincher - who disowned the film because of the shit they made him do to it, it's potentially amazing, and defiantly part of the canon.

Has anyone ever made a good part 3 to a classic movie?

alien 3 would be pretty good if it weren't for alien and aliens.

alien and/+ aliens stories was perfect. alien 3 just ruined it for me completely :catrage: ...i don't even want to talk about alien 4 :catsuicide:

imo, another good alien movie could be made if they approach it seriously, meaning back to the roots and go from there. the alien: isolation game set the fire nicely, if they would be willing to follow the example. so, sequel of either alien of aliens would be fine with me.

alien 3 was the first one i saw, on TV late night, alone, 12 or so.. definitely left an impression lol, the fan grinding thing, the messed up Bishop...

in retrospect a bit meh with the jail monk rape gang n all, but nice bleak athmo at least..

let's have a moment of silence for william gibson's original draft to Alien 3, which would've been truly amazing.

Is that different to the Vincent Ward version then?

Edit

Oh no wait that's the same thing

http://www.empireonline.com/features/alien-3-tale-of-the-wooden-planet/

let's have a moment of silence for william gibson's original draft to Alien 3, which would've been truly amazing.

Is that different to the Vincent Ward version then?

Edit

Oh no wait that's the same thing

http://www.empireonline.com/features/alien-3-tale-of-the-wooden-planet/

Apparent 8 different writers were commissioned to (independently) write scripts.

Here, find out more at the fucking Alien vs Predator wiki (lol).

Aliens was shitty, too. I mean it was nice until meeting aliens, then all this war zone (aliens fucked them up good but of course they could totally escape out of the dead end trap with firepower) and beehive's large motherfucking Queen bullshit came and completely destroyed the alien aspect of Alien. Giger himself said something about how Alien 3's thing was better than Aliens one despite fucking him over in production.

Though Alien numero uno is probably drfiting around in my top 5 films of all time, I'm no geek on the franchise whatsoever. My interest starts and finishes with this film (and the sequel). I do think there is massive potential for more Alien films but you need to draft in serious writers and concepts and not just marketing men and accountants. That's the inherent problem with Alien TM surely?

I read this a few years ago, had a very prominent role for Hicks again (Biehn always watchable.) Probably the weakest of the scripts though, it just never held my interest like the other alternatives.

I read this a few years ago, had a very prominent role for Hicks again (Biehn always watchable.) Probably the weakest of the scripts though, it just never held my interest like the other alternatives.

Fair enough, but keep in mind those were first and second drafts. Try to imagine them massaged into a final product.

Guest trananhhung

It'll be total shit, as if this isn't obvious?

I don't think the contemporary creative industry is able to produce something which can properly connect to the original film.

Fashion, marketing, technology, are all very different now. This will be utter shit, like all the other reboots, games etc.

So much truth in this post that it hurts. Guys, Hollywood is dead. You can't expect anything good coming out of it. It's filled with people with no taste and the few that have it are totally controlled by system. They want to appeal to everyone and make the most insipid products. It's not cinema anymore. We have an entire generation who grew up with videogame narratives writing films. Games aren't turning cinematic, films are turning into videogames.

It'll be total shit, as if this isn't obvious?

I don't think the contemporary creative industry is able to produce something which can properly connect to the original film.

Fashion, marketing, technology, are all very different now. This will be utter shit, like all the other reboots, games etc.

So much truth in this post that it hurts. Guys, Hollywood is dead. You can't expect anything good coming out of it. It's filled with people with no taste and the few that have it are totally controlled by system. They want to appeal to everyone and make the most insipid products. It's not cinema anymore. We have an entire generation who grew up with videogame narratives writing films. Games aren't turning cinematic, films are turning into videogames.

If Prometheus had come out in 1986, people would have a drastically different opinion of it imo.

I'd love to see Louis CK mutilated by an alien in an awkward way.

But much more than that, if I'd put a comedian I'd clone Gervais and have him die miserably all through the movie.

louis is fantastic etc etc

i assume you have heard all the arguments by now.

i like gervais too, people get confused and think you can't be funny unless you're this weird idealistic personality that doesn't exist except in really boring people.

Actually I can't picture Louie not making the scene funny. I get what you're saying but I really want to see Ricky terrified and in agony. I like him or liked him a lot but it's a thing he's too content with himself.

Sweeping generalisation that has been valid since Hollywoods conception and is no more valid or correct now.

Archived