IGNORED

Are You obsessed with anything?

producer snafu

Oh, and Maltesers. I love the fuck out of those delicious balls of heaven.

I ate an entire box of these before a show last night because I was hungry and it was the only thing at the bar. I had no trouble finishing the box.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

music of course (99% beethoven and ae)

also, i kind of like girls ...girrrrrlllzzzzzz

chess' good too

watmm fak off already :)

Oh ya, very obsessed with the female body

ooh yes, idm makes horny !!

IDM makes such a woman no longer so.

Sex to Autechre is awesome, though.

I like ASMR, definitely wouldn't say I'm obsessed with it though. It's nice and relaxing, though.

The only things I'm really obsessed with are books and music and, consequently, writing and making music. I suppose I'm a wee bit obsessive with chronicling things I think I should listen to and adding to an ever-growing 'to listen' list. Same with my 'to read' list. I've got a massive yawning collection of firefox bookmarks of books to buy/borrow and albums to listen to, and I'll probably never get through them all. I feel like this is a pretty healthy obsession though because at least it broadens my musical/literary horizons and hopefully helps me get better at making my own shit. Music in particular feels like an amazing journey I'll never get tired of... I distinctly remember getting into hip-hop years ago and thinking, fuck, I've just opened up a whole world here. And I'm sure there's more stuff I'll get into as time goes on. It's magical.

Again, not an obsession but I've been having a lot of fun mucking around with cassette tapes lately. JoshuaTX, your cassette collection is beaut! Well jealous of your lush-looking stereo setup as well.

I don't know if it's an obsession, a habit, or an addiction, but: online message boards/chat rooms. I've been using these things daily for over 13 years... been a part of many communities, made RL friends, had many lols... it's ingrained in me as a social outlet at this point. While I have a variety of social circles in my life, I feel lonely when I don't have a virtual community to check in with, to geek out with, to share in-jokes with, to discuss various topics with... and I really like the nonchalant "leave whenever the time is right" aspect of each community; it's both highly rewarding and fairly non-committal. Some of my best friends are usernames. :wub:

.hand tapping

.spotting songs on other songs

i used to be a lot more "obsessed" with stupid things, i mean, when i bought cds when young, imagine, i bought every 4 albums of guns and roses, i would check the bar numbers and notice that they weren´t pressed in the same place or distributed by the same people so i tended to go back to the store and trade the cd... wtf now that i think about it i think it's pretty crazy...

music as a universe, hunting & cross referencing for those tracks & moments that inspire spiritual gurning (audio archaeology?) - sounds pretentious but its fairly accurate......

same here:

https://soundcloud.com/afropop-worldwide

about hand tapping - you mean like making beats with your fingers, or it's something to do with a guitar?

i drum with my fingers since school and really got good at it, i wish there was some kind of music instrument specially for that thing, cause i can do improvisations for hours. I've never seen anyone doing it in my life and I had no idea that it can bear some real name to the process itself, or you actually speaking about differet thing? ^^

about hand tapping - you mean like making beats with your fingers, or it's something to do with a guitar? i drum with my fingers since school and really got good at it, i wish there was some kind of music instrument specially for that thing, cause i can do improvisations for hours. I've never seen anyone doing it in my life and I had no idea that it can bear some real name to the process itself, or you actually speaking about differet thing? ^^

just tapping hands at random stuff making rhythms while listening to music... i never got good at it though...

Whoa! That's quite a collection.

Have you listened to these podcasts?

http://rwm.macba.cat/en/memorabilia_tag

A few specifically talk about mostly cassette tape-based collections. Without listening back, I remember the ones with Mark Gergis (Sublime Frequencies) and Brian Shimkovitz (Awesome Tapes from Africa) did.

I posted it about them not too long ago, but I really do think they are fantastic. If you're interested in music collections/obsessions, definitely check them out.

Will give this a listen, I'm familiar with both ATFA and Sublime Frequencies, as a fan of world music. I always like listening to music of any kind that's been plucked out of obscurity. I've come across some neat tapes like that on occasion.

Obviously I'm obsessed with music. It is the thing that I spend the most time with. There's rarely a time when it's not going into my head, and even when it isn't, it's playing in my head or I'm thinking about it.

Other than that, I'd like to say I'm obsessed with video games, but I'm not really. I love them, but I don't even play much anymore. I buy a ton but don't really play them.

The thing that I am truly obsessed with is .... girls... falling in love, whether or not someone is ever going to love me. The idea that anyone loves me at all. That is the true obsession of mine. It is the thought that is shuttling through my brain at most times with a soundtrack playing behind it.

about hand tapping - you mean like making beats with your fingers, or it's something to do with a guitar?

i drum with my fingers since school and really got good at it, i wish there was some kind of music instrument specially for that thing, cause i can do improvisations for hours. I've never seen anyone doing it in my life and I had no idea that it can bear some real name to the process itself, or you actually speaking about differet thing? ^^

There is

lpd8_web_large.png

There is

lpd8_web_large.png

This may be exactly the next piece of gear I need...

There is

This may be exactly the next piece of gear I need...

"Need" is an interesting term...

I almost involuntarily drum away on random surfaces with my digits when I don't immediately have access to production tools - something I've been doing almost since WATMM's foundation. That device provides the best of both worlds.

There is

lpd8_web_large.png

thx, i already have this one, it comes on top of midi keyboard, but still it's not exactly what I'm looking for, cause there is very specific places where square pads must be placed and it requiers both hands usually, so I'll keep searching.

i tried 8x8 square pads and it was much better, but i'll need to retrain myself for them, and their sensitivity could be better, cause you need to slam hard, usually. Maybe i haven't tweeked all settings and it could be done, need to have more time with that thing

it needs to be something more like this, if it makes sence =)

2czxdow.jpg

I almost involuntarily drum away on random surfaces with my digits when I don't immediately have access to production tools - something I've been doing almost since WATMM's foundation. That device provides the best of both worlds.

Ya, it would definitely help, my comment was more tongue in cheek because really if you have a daw, you don't need much else. Those beat pads are pretty cheep and you can also get one with a two octave keyboard attached to it.

Also, the knobs are really the reason why I got one, mapping each one to the macro knobs in ableton and twiddling randomly to create noise, this is the life

• 2 weeks later...

I've been kind of obsessed with The Best Show on WFMU for the last 5-6 months. I have to drive a lot for work so I'm always playing the archives in the car. Just finished listening to all the 2008 shows, now on to 2009.

https://youtu.be/kiCXqrBmdaE

http://wfmu.org/playlists/BS

http://thebestshow.net/

I obsess over people who inspire me. I'm pretty sure I've read every interview with Aphex Twin, Jack White and John Frusciante.

Music too. I usually get obsessed with one artist and will always have them in the back of my head for months.

Archived