IGNORED

Are You obsessed with anything?

producer snafu

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha sexual - my new avant streetwear startup.

Avocados

The Wire

Fresh new kicks

I'm trying to be obsessed with fitness.

• 2 weeks later...

For the past 3~4 months I've been spending most of my money on buying electronics components and tools, which all started from making my own batteries. I think I've basically saturated my obsession and have gone as far as I can, wiiithout spending more money. Lotta experimentation with electromagnetism, but also simple stuff like amps or whatever. This is basically connected to my childhood interest with electronics, where from elementary, I used to take apart my toys and not put them back together (haha). I also used to suck on AC adapters plugged in. Good times, good times... I wanted to go to MIT until high school, when I realized that I don't give a shit about academics- so then I went the other route and went to art school (my other childhood interest). But due to my long hours of intense study and building the past few months (I've been working more on electronics than my actual jobs), I feel I've at least virtually completed my first year of general studies at MIT, finishing with a C-.

Here is one of my scores, three scores back:

mu_junk-score3.jpg

I guess it's better than buying drugs. But basically I have to finish my hoverboard, so I can ride it around Tokyo on October 21, 2015. If I finish that I'll prolly have my flux capacitor finished as well, but since I don't have a DeLorean, Imma have to duct tape it to my testicles and wank at 88 MPH right at the point that I discharge the 1.21 gigawatts from the capacitor I made that's the size of 9 refrigerators, which will be charged from mains with a transformer I made that's the size of a horse weighing 2 tons.

I've also been obsessed with this one girl, and it's nutz, yo. I hope I can receive some positive vibez by posting this, to further enable ultra relationship status.

^ Bahahaha

I eagerly await your post this October 21st, Peace. Then again my obsession with your posts is probably relevant to this thread.

Good luck with the girl, BTW

• 1 month later...

From the time I wake up until I fall asleep

I'm obsessed with music:

Making, listening and lots of studying.

Just recently re-read David Cope's Techniques for the Contemporary Composer and Mick Goodrich's The Advancing Guitarist (my two all-time fave music books) reading/listening to musician interviews and podcasts; lately been shedding the concepts of Miles Okazaki; practiceingguitar, bass, keys and drums; listening to jazz drummers (e.g. Tony Williams, Dan Weiss) for ideas and inspiration; listening to La Monte Young for ideas, inspiration and courage; Eno, Eno, Eno, Eno, Eno; Brazilian and African drumming; perpetually revisiting 'the fundamentals'; envisioning some impossibly beautiful future music and then trying to make it; frantically jotting down ideas on manuscript paper; trying to figure out how to make electronic music have the transcendent bliss of latter-day Coltrane; drooling over the drums on Body Riddle; jamming on my SH-101 and JX-8P; stumbling through beginner flamenco techniques; reckoning with atonality and polytonality; trying to make 'off the grid' drums sound natural; putting on Velvet Underground and lying on the floor; thinking about odd musician pairings (e.g. Mor Tucker and Jaco Pastorius) and then trying to make that music; etc etcetera etc

sounds like fun, post/share any audio outcomes bwlad

obsessions? hmmmmm, what to disclose:

Archaeology, prehistory and identity

Proper house music

PTSD-inspired electronica

Kinky women & sexual debauchery

Fine strains of cannabaliss sativa/indica/hybrids, the vast array of global hashish (come to butthead) & obscure resins

Seafood,,,,, helps having a chef in the family cos stocks/sauces and pan-fried fish fillets take a few pointers to nail

Sunshine....cos Britain & rain are terminally married

Rugby & specifically Test-Match Cricket (fuck ltd overs versions)....+ its the Ashes again shortly

Diet coke (addict, sad as fuck but better than alcohol)

That reads like a gimpy dating site profile

Time, brunettes, Star Wars, big tits, pot

Women's legs, finding new music that captures the moment, world war 2, finding the right path in my life

I forgot surrealism

all this

+ gardening, IPAs, and dad jokes

No, I am whole. They say if you do something more than 9 hours a week, you're addicted to it (so i guess we're all addicted to sleep, and work)

So I do everything 8.99 hour a week. I am whole.

Now I have to include Tina Fey. I had a crush on her in my teens too, but after that dress stunt she did on Letterman she's my favorite famous cougar alive. Not only is she hott, but personality-wise she just don't give a damn. Woof woof

Archived