IGNORED

Russell! Brand! Unleashed!

Redruth

"obviously i don't vote as i believe democracy is a pointless spectacle where we choose between two indistinguishable political parties neither of whom represent the people but the interests of the powerful business elites that run the world."

"people that say the system works, work for the system."

[youtubehd]S3PalrfEF4g[/youtubehd]

http://www.russellbrand.com

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell Brand is...well...his heart might be in the right place but goddamnit if he isn't a knob.

As terrible as both parties are (in the US), to not vote because they are "indistinguishable" is just being willfully obtuse for effect.

Russell Brand is...well...his heart might be in the right place but goddamnit if he isn't a knob.

As terrible as both parties are (in the US), to not vote because they are "indistinguishable" is just being willfully obtuse for effect.

I think in the US there is a good reason to be miffed about the choices on offer. How many independents are there in their congress, a handful? And with all the gerrymandering and established structures, it's really difficult for non-Republican and non-Democrats candidates to get into office. Might be slightly easier on a state level though.

I do enjoy some of the stuff he says in mainstream interviews. I really enjoyed his first book but not the second and I don't want to read the third. I don't really watch the Truews but he's always been commenting on headlines and adverts since he was a radio personality. I like Russell, but sometimes I cant stand to listen to him. Sometimes I can.

That parody vid is fucking fantastic though. the best parody of him ive seen.

I like him, his new podcast is fun too. If you ignore the headlines and listen to what he says he makes some valid points, even if you may not agree with them.

he says some good things but he asserts appalling ideas with the same conviction as the good ones, which is good indication that he just harvests cool-sounding things in order to effect a style

no sign of intellectual conscience

Archived