IGNORED

Evian Christ signs to Warp

funkaholic

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say this, but this is probably a good indicator his next release will suck

:mellow:

i'm going to go back in time and stop the inventor of the 808, thus preventing this music from ever being born

days of future bass past

Sounds like a bad Arca and like dated amateurish sound choice witch house trap shit. excruciatingly boring and shit.

this is seriously some of the most boring music that also makes me upset i've heard in several months

Not everything Warp release will blow your brains into juicy smithereens.

Just imagine the real fucking pain that's gonna blend your brain into a whirlpool of mush if they packed it in. Or most of their great records that are still being released (most years) never existed. There is still a lot on Warp that's still fucking right up there.

I like how that first track has the ambient pads coming up two thirds the way in. Call me a philistine but I don't altogether mind what I'm hearing; lush pads percolating up into these arrangements the likes of which I never hear in tracks by Flosstradamus et al. If Warp are going to delve into trap they could've chosen (and evidently already have {Future Brown}) less interesting artists.

Didn't people freak out about Hudson Mohawke & Rustie initially and now they both have respectable followings among the Warp 90's elitist crowd... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: the last track up there, 'Fuck Idol', isn't doing much for me, but the first two are enjoyable.

Not everything Warp release will blow your brains into juicy smithereens.

Just imagine the real fucking pain that's gonna blend your brain into a whirlpool of mush if they packed it in. Or most of their great records that are still being released (most years) never existed. There is still a lot on Warp that's still fucking right up there. What do I care anyway. Complain as much as you like.

yeah warp still releases plenty of gold, people like to bitch and moan over nothing

wtf is this shit ? music sounds so mainstream and awfull is Steve Beckett still in charge at Warp ?? srsly hudson mohawke, Future Brown now this guy?I even unterstand Rustie for the younger ones.

Sounds like a bad Arca and like dated amateurish sound choice witch house trap shit. excruciatingly boring and shit.

this is seriously some of the most boring music that also makes me upset i've heard in several months

my thoughts too.

Yeah I don't get the fuss either. Good on him though, he's from my neck of the woods so nice to see him doing well - I couldn't listen to that shit though.

So it wouldn't bother you at all if they signed Paris Hilton?

Very funny Stephen

I know you like to act way more stupid than you actually are. I can see it a mile off lol. You always make me laugh :beer:

my thoughts too.

i guarantee that Warp was blind sided when Arca got snatched up by Mute. That would have basically been their ticket to making all these other witch-housey atmospheric musicians bow down in shame, but now they have to resort to this blandness instead.

Archived