IGNORED

Evian Christ signs to Warp

funkaholic

I didn't read any of this thread but I can accurately guess the style of neckbeard rage within it.

:emotawesomepm9:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hawaii

woah! lot of hate / envy on watmm I see?

honestly i like his music. he's fresh to my ears, he's young, he got potential.

lol

no just hate

Can you despise something and still not hate it? hrmm, semantricks to make me seem a touch kinder, certainly though it's not envy, heh, been around too long to give a shit about that.

honestly i like his music. he's fresh to my ears, he's young, he got potential.

hi evian

Evian Christ? More like "Christ, how did this evian happen?"

First post got a chuckle, second time around got sustained laughter; please continue!

Okay- so throughout this Evian Christ mini-drama, I was on mobile and didn't want to listen to his tracks... But now back on propa workstation, I've listened. Aaaaaaaaaand..... I think it's all right. I can see why Warp signed, yo.

I've liked trap from around 5 years ago, but the angle that I'm listening from is prolly different than those of you who hate his shit or hate trap vibez in general. I'm listening from a sort of, mixtape boxy clunk ear. My ear for trap comes from my ear for early dubstep and the like, half-tempo/double-tempo type, breathing type vibes. Trap came-in from a very specific angle, but it developed stylistically alongside early dubstep and garage whatevz from early 00, despite being wholly separate scenes. From that angle, I give Evian Christ a "pretty good", of the tracks posted in this thread... Nothing even close to mindblowing, but there does seem to be a lot of potential, considering the Duga-3 ting ghOsty posted.

Here's a track that is prime in style, when it comes to the "general vibe" of my ear for this kind of music:

[youtubehd]MfP2hx0jaUY[/youtubehd]

So when listening to this:

[youtubehd]ACAOjNWrEro[/youtubehd]

a lot of "the effect" can be experienced by switching between bobbing your head on every beat 4/4, bobbing your head at half-tempo, and sometimes bobbing your head at double-tempo. This "effect" is what I feel is the essence of the best trap-esque vibez.

Guest skibby

careful... 'theyre all on here'

but seriously, why bash this guy or warp? its a company that needs to stay relevant to stay in business. just look at the buying majority to see what 'relevant' means.

People forget... The word "trap" refers to the vicious circle of selling drugs - getting money - ending up in prison and/or dying. It's a style of hip hop production mostly from Atlanta that was adopted for EDM. A lot of trap hip hop artists are using the music scene as a way to escape the trap actually.

Nobody seems to know where the term originated.

lol

no just hate

no, envy too

its true, i want to get signed to Warp making bland 'experimental' Trap while defending RBMA to Arca on twitter, its been a long brewing fantasy of mine since i was a child

lol

no just hate

no, envy too

its envious when you just fucking envy something and people try to read into it with envy

lol

no just hate

no, envy too

its true, i want to get signed to Warp making bland 'experimental' Trap while defending RBMA to Arca on twitter, its been a long brewing fantasy of mine since i was a child

Then recognize the game for what it is, shift your priorities, and act accordingly. Energy spent getting pissed about Evian Christ is better served to motivate you into doing YOUR thing.

To paraphrase Conan.

if i were left in a desert island with only evian christ music to listen to i would be pretty happy tbh, i mean its not bad BAD if you know what i mean. (thats my test to measure bad music)

Stop overreacting children ... oh wait some of you (JE) are well deep into your 40's, lol

i've been doing it for a lot longer than 15 years ;)
take the things I say with a grain of salt. Most of the time there is very little weight behind the mean spirited shit i spew regularly on this forum. If it's actually genuinely upsetting that I'm talking about Christ in a scathing way i'll stop and let you guys carry on with thread, I I actually believe the things I said and don't regret them, but again no hard feelings. a little armchair psychoanalysis following butthurt never really hurt anyone. Think of what I do here on watmm not like trolling but more like roasting: stale, often repetitive, mean spirited (with a heart of gold), and once in a while funny

edit: btw Shackleton eventually started doing physical modeling instead of conga samples because i wouldn't let up about it on watmm

edit2: trap is absolute shite (still stand by that)

Archived