90s era technoish / industrial hip hop

Satyricon

99%

Dubby reggaeish:

...In Dub

Jazzy:

At the Center

Off-Centre EP

There's also a few noodly / improvised / soundtrack releases spread throughout the years, and of course countless excellent singles and EPs / remixes out there.

Guest Deco Balcony

If you like the analogue / modular stuff , then try:

R.U.O.K?

Jack Dangers - Loudness Clarifies

Dubstep:

Autoimmune

Answers Come in Dreams

Big Beat / Trip Hop:

Subliminal Sandwich

Actual Sounds + Voices

Test EP

90s era technoish / industrial hip hop

Satyricon

99%

Dubby reggaeish:

...In Dub

Jazzy:

At the Center

Off-Centre EP

There's also a few noodly / improvised / soundtrack releases spread throughout the years, and of course countless excellent singles and EPs / remixes out there.

Cheers! Plenty to get through - R.U.O.K? sounding very pleasant so far :music:

I believe Subliminal Sandwich was the most time Jack ever spent on an album, it was supposed to be released Summer 1994, but got pushed back to Summer 1996, after he changed record labels in mid-production, so he basically spent 4 years on it in his Black Lab Studio in Mill Valley. It also allowed him to clean a lot of things up, hence the excellent placement of samples. The first disc is pretty structured, with guests coming in on each track, while the 2nd disc is all freeform improvisation (he states there's a 4 hour version of Electric People). And of course, they were stoned most of the time, Jack loves the ganja.

Also, if you like that album, track down the unreleased Nuclear Bomb EP online, it was supposed to be the first single, but got shelved after a test pressing. It has an unreleased vocal version of that track which I love.

Their videos were really bad 90s era stuff, but killer tracks.

[youtubehd]S-Bi6UBcRqU[/youtubehd]

Mill Valley? Doesn't dude live in the Mission now? Or he probably has for some time, but the studio was all the way the hell up in Mill Valley?

Edited by SPD²

Mill Valley? Doesn't dude live in the Mission now? Or he probably has for some time, but the studio was all the way the hell up in Mill Valley?

There's a picture in this book of his house then, it looked pretty rural and wooded.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Trance-Atlantic/release/23119

HA! Yeah I have that 2xCD but not the book that came with those. I'm kinda not keeping up. Has it been said that Skam is putting out a new MBM album because that would just be the genesis of new existences.

Damn, Lurker is where it's at. JD implemented a clever trick in Present for Sally tho, in which he used that pulse wave "cluck" interference sound for when you're about to get an incoming call on your mobile phone. But he incorporated it into the rhythm. Well played, Mr. Dangers.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah! this is def in my at least top 2? maybe 1st? fav ep of the year. i dont think i've played an ep so much over and over since team doyobi's digital music vol 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been giving this fairly healthy rotation lately - good Friday evening driving music. Is it just me or does this have a ridiculous amount of low end, even for Jack? Should be getting some new bass equipment in the mail soon - stoked to test it out with this!

really want an MBM album on Skam. this stuff is brilliant

Yeah, a full album like this would be tops, everytime I put this on I end up letting the whole thing play through at least twice. So good, but rather short.