IGNORED

Help Venetian Snares

Guest cult fiction

Funk claims he's still in a funk though (I am witty)... after a recent EP release, topping Bandcamp charts, how much cash could he possibly need?

Let's take the example of DJ Dano, a Dutch gabber DJ / producer / labelowner who got immensely popular in the early 90's here. Toured the world, released and produced a heap of records and earned quite a fair amount of financial succes. Then in 1995/6 he suddenly realized he never paid income taxes for any of it, called up the tax authorities himself and had an employee visit his house and figure out what he had to pay. He never kept any receipt for work-related items that are deductable (records, his studio equipment, etc.). All in all he received a fine of about 350.000 dollars. It took him 16 years of hard work to get rid of it. P.S.: this is a story he told multiple times in public (magazines, video interviews, etc.) and he's very open about it, so I'm not spilling any beans here.

Could be a 100% different story than VSnares' problem, but there you go, a possibility.

Still not out of the woods yet? Where'd you hear/see that?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does nobody follow his twitter?

twitter, what's twitter. ;-p .. i thought it was somewhere where the mongs went to dose themselves with delibrating soma metered out by some resident humdrum divinity. Being on it would stain my psyche. save the fails ... think of the killdren ...

i don't have twitter, just letting you know that

One doesn't need to have a twitter, one just visits twitter and sticks snares at the end with a forwards slashy at the start bit and a com with a prefixed for joining them

tim hecker blocked me on twitter, just letting you know that

Funk claims he's still in a funk though (I am witty)... after a recent EP release, topping Bandcamp charts, how much cash could he possibly need?

Let's take the example of DJ Dano, a Dutch gabber DJ / producer / labelowner who got immensely popular in the early 90's here. Toured the world, released and produced a heap of records and earned quite a fair amount of financial succes. Then in 1995/6 he suddenly realized he never paid income taxes for any of it, called up the tax authorities himself and had an employee visit his house and figure out what he had to pay. He never kept any receipt for work-related items that are deductable (records, his studio equipment, etc.). All in all he received a fine of about 350.000 dollars. It took him 16 years of hard work to get rid of it. P.S.: this is a story he told multiple times in public (magazines, video interviews, etc.) and he's very open about it, so I'm not spilling any beans here.

Could be a 100% different story than VSnares' problem, but there you go, a possibility.

Cheers for the anacdote, that would certainly make sense, $350k debt is nuts!

Next he'll be pointing out that Alanis' definition of irony isn't accurate.

She wrote a song called Ironic which contains no ironies, that's the irony. She's a genius.

I wonder why “Pink & Green” isn’t on Snares’s Bandcamp page. That was also on Sublight IIRC.

that ep has got one of my fav snares tracks on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cea2AEm7OO0

Forgot all about that track, 'tis a beaut.

One doesn't need to have a twitter, one just visits twitter and sticks snares at the end with a forwards slashy at the start bit and a com with a prefixed for joining them

lol what did you do to get blocked?

lol what did you do to get blocked?

I simply asked him what DAW he uses :/

oh he's selling an electric guitar, i just bash away on my acoustic only for decades, i want an electric guitar, but not a tele, mexican tele at that. Well actually any electric guitar would be fun at this point such is my lack of playing one. heh. I saw some guitars on the wall of an auction house on the show antiques roadtrip and started thinking maybe i should get one second hand instead of thinking that i should have a new, pristine one, that's only going to have a neck filled with my finger gunge.

oh he's selling an electric guitar, i just bash away on my acoustic only for decades, i want an electric guitar, but not a tele, mexican tele at that. Well actually any electric guitar would be fun at this point such is my lack of playing one. heh. I saw some guitars on the wall of an auction house on the show antiques roadtrip and started thinking maybe i should get one second hand instead of thinking that i should have a new, pristine one, that's only going to have a neck filled with my finger gunge.

Mexican tele's aren't bad at all, just shield the single-coils so you can get rid of the hum and it'll sound lush. A older friend of mine is a Fender fanatic and has 11 of their guitars and basses from Mexican and American origin. The Mexican basses sound better. Straight up, they just have a more ballsy tone compared to his American ones. His American 52' tele sounds so good and unreal in the playability, and is the only stand-out of the American ones he owns - the others are pretty much indistinguishable from the American ones, sound wise, aside from needing to shield the tele's and maybe give a lil' love in the polish of the neck. Tele, Jag, Strat or Jazzmaster. I didn't want to believe it, but it B 2 Real.

heh k, well i don't know much about electrics, or guitars in general, i just play one. (this isn't a diss saying, 'i play one so i should know', i just don't know, cause i haven't played these things so how would i, so cheers for the info, the order of quality used to go, US made then japan made then mexico, but i guess mexico stepped up, although i don't wanna have to do work on a guitar cause that would take interest and guitar knowledge, so maybe i should stay away from a mexican tele. [-; .. still though, a tele, owned by snares'ee, twould be a twalking point, if i talked to anyone, hah. i wonder if he had an amp or just plugged it straight into the computer or whatever)

Archived