IGNORED

Joyrex

Holy fuck, sweet!

Except my downloaded zip file won't open. :wacko:

Dammit, tried downloading just one at a time and after download completes, I'm getting the same error unable to expand zip.

seriously wtf, I've been at it for hours now!

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shit load of physical modeling stuff in at least 2 of the soundboards so far, sounds better than anything i've heard out of max/msp before in terms of the sound. Wonder if they're using modal sys or something they built from the ground up. The metallic clanking/spring reverb sound is remarkably close sounding to a certain piece of Yamaha hardware im obsessed with (8:30 in the krakow set)

I thought they said we'd have to go digging in the desert for them because they're thrown out.

Not even trolling, I swear I read that somewhere.

I could very well be wrong, but evidently they did have the recordings whether they said they did or not :P

I can't imagine any artist this talented throwing away what amounts to original work and a relative masterpiece so you're probably right. If I read that somewhere it was probably a trollololol

I remember reading that the Quaristice shows were never recorded in the first place. It made me sad to read that, but we have plenty of soundboards from the LP5 and Untilted tours, so I guess it's alright. But we're talking about musicians who deleted a track that Jhonn and Sleazy said was perfect.

extremely hard to believe people who've spent such a long period of time dialing in an exclusive live electronic performance would not be recording performances of it at least to review as they're still touring. It actually doesn't make sense not to record it unless you're conceptually trying to fly blind and hope for the best each time you play the same set. After someone leaked a soundboard of the Untilted tour (not once but twice) they were extremely good at preventing one in the future possibly even so good at preventing one they put out disinfo claiming there werent even recordings (just a theory)

edit: does it say if AE mastered this themselves? Does not sound at all like it mastered by Noel Summerville. sounds great tho

shit load of physical modeling stuff in at least 2 of the soundboards so far, sounds better than anything i've heard out of max/msp before in terms of the sound. Wonder if they're using modal sys or something they built from the ground up. The metallic clanking/spring reverb sound is remarkably close sounding to a certain piece of Yamaha hardware im obsessed with (8:30 in the krakow set)

The last track on the ultrecht set. Interested to hear what you think on that one.

:emotawesomepm9::cerious::cat:

The last track on the ultrecht set. Interested to hear what you think on that one.

man this is just too much! im still like restarting Krakow repeatedly just to be able to pick up every detail. This is truly next level Exai, it makes Exai seem like a stepping stone to the real goal which was this crazy fucking barrage of puzzle-DSP beats (the sequencing puzzle of old has been replaced by a 'wait what the fuck effect is this? it sounds like 4 effects all being envelope followed or wait is that just the bassline? i dont understand what the fuck!)

does anyone else feel nervous the world is going to explode soon? It just seems too good to be true right now to be getting 200+ unreleased never before heard RDJ, new season of X-files, new Evil Dead on starz, and now just 4 fuckin AE soundboards OFFICIALLY out of nowhere. someone please talk me down im scared. unless this is just a parallel reality where all our dreams come true, im ok with that

extremely hard to believe people who've spent such a long period of time dialing in an exclusive live electronic performance would not be recording performances of it at least to review as they're still touring. It actually doesn't make sense not to record it unless you're conceptually trying to fly blind and hope for the best each time you play the same set. After someone leaked a soundboard of the Untilted tour (not once but twice) they were extremely good at preventing one in the future possibly even so good at preventing one they put out disinfo claiming there werent even recordings (just a theory)

edit: does it say if AE mastered this themselves? Does not sound at all like it mastered by Noel Summerville. sounds great tho

It would be disappointing if they said that just to lower suspicion. They could as well have just ignored questions referring to soundboards. But if they do have Quaristice soundboards, I'd at least feel good knowing they've been archived, even if I didn't get to hear the shows.

does anyone else feel nervous the world is going to explode soon? It just seems too good to be true right now to be getting 200+ unreleased never before heard RDJ, new season of X-files, new Evil Dead on starz, and now just 4 fuckin AE soundboards OFFICIALLY out of nowhere. someone please talk me down im scared. unless this is just a parallel reality where all our dreams come true, im ok with that

HAHA YES

man this is just too much! im still like restarting Krakow repeatedly just to be able to pick up every detail. This is truly next level Exai, it makes Exai seem like a stepping stone to the real goal which was this crazy fucking barrage of puzzle-DSP beats (the sequencing puzzle of old has been replaced by a 'wait what the fuck effect is this? it sounds like 4 effects all being envelope followed or wait is that just the bassline? i dont understand what the fuck!)

My thoughts exactly. This is some next level stuff.

I liked exai, in fact I love that album. But some of the "fuckery" going on in these live sets is something else.

We still don't have any news from Mike and Marcus, so at least something is normal. If BoC make a Soundcloud page, it's time to be worried.

I know using a comb effect like a virtuoso guitar player is not normally something to give awards or accolades for but maybe 100 years from now people will look back and say 'Autechre were the world's greatest wielders of 'the comb' no doubt'

We still don't have any news from Mike and Marcus, so at least something is normal. If BoC make a Soundcloud page, it's time to be worried.

you're talking about someone else's dream reality , if BOC put up a soundcloud page i'd sit back relax a bit and take a deep breathe knowing that my fears of the world ending were unfounded

the fact that they did all this with max/msp is pretty incredible. Whats the general consensus on the sound palette, is this all synthesis/effects processing? I don't hear anything resembling a sample or 'real' recording.

there is one interesting thing I think im noticing that the rapid fire drum patches they made for albums like Draft and confield also seem to be used in this set but instead of being really slow rate it seems like they're rapid firing drums to audio rates so they actually sound like FM/ ring mod synth lines. again could be my bullshit imagination

54:03 in Utrecht it sounds like they've dug out a Draft era hi hat rapid fire patch that we haven't heard from AE maybe since Draft or Untilted, then it immediately gets into some crazy dense beautiful noise/beat stuff. I couldn't help myself after Stepheng told me to listen.

I'm gonna have to try again tomorrow... I haven't gotten past about 20 megs on an mp3 show before it fails :( And the speeds are atrocious... feels like I'm on 56k. Good thing they rolled this out limited, I'd have to see what an open launch would be like.

Also wanna say, it would be amazing if they kept this pricing structure for future stuff. Maybe after the very first full-priced purchase everything will then be $1.50? Gotta collect 'em all!

the fact that they did all this with max/msp is pretty incredible.

Are you sure they wrote all these patches in max? I seem to recall them saying they've written software to make all their music with which certainly implies max/msp but I don't recall them explicitly saying so.

54:03 in Utrecht it sounds like they've dug out a Draft era hi hat rapid fire patch that we haven't heard from AE maybe since Draft or Untilted, then it immediately gets into some crazy dense beautiful noise/beat stuff. I couldn't help myself after Stepheng told me to listen.

I knew you'd dig it. ;)

Do they do all their music in Max? I'd really like to know how much of their music is made with Max and how much is hardware, but they seem to be pretty secretive about that.

are you asking if the sounds are generated solely using max/msp? you can process hardware sounds, samples, etc. using max... i don't think they're very strict about what sources their using.

and to drillkicker, why is this a bad thing? what are you going on about? this is fucking gold... you're expecting it for free?

Archived