IGNORED

Joyrex

It is absolutely incredible how much of important musical content we missed during the actual live shows. I mean, what is the point of playing such subtle-details-based music in such horrible acoustic conditions? Parts that didn't make sense live at all are now clear (yet still difficult in a good way) and super-exciting. I am glad it got released. We would miss so much of the actual compositions and how they were supposed to be heard.

Will buy soon. Thank you AE.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't have to subscribe to this, got the email anyway, presumably they sent it out to anyone who bought off bleep or something, handy as I missed this thread. will check it out tomorrow, only actually seen them live once, and it was years ago, around chiastic slide era or thereabouts, so looking forward to checking this out.

It is absolutely incredible how much of important musical content we missed during the actual live shows. I mean, what is the point of playing such subtle-details-based music in such horrible acoustic conditions? Parts that didn't make sense live at all are now clear (yet still difficult in a good way) and super-exciting. I am glad it got released. We would miss so much of the actual compositions and how they were supposed to be heard.

in some spaces this probably did happen but I think plenty of places they played at had sound and room acoustics very much capable of allowing the audience to hear most of the details

I think part of the appeal is that every show is different and everyone standing in different locations gets a totally different experience, almost making it more unique for each show and each listener

The main issue was people talking as it happened and yelling, please shut upppppp

This 100x. I don't think it's outrageous to say that listening to these at home is more ideal than in a live setting for a handful of reasons minus the crowd energy.

holy shit, finally managed to grab these one at a time. 14:33 into utrecht sounds very OPN-inspired

and what follows is so fkn next level it's gonna inspire so much of my new music, gonna bust out the monomachine again tonight I reckon

so glad I don't listen to audience recordings hahah

What's the average file size for an mp3 version of one of these shows. I wanna know if I'm even getting close on these downloads or if there's no hope...

150mb each

Thanks! Hang in there, download...

their show at metro in chicago had great sound. you just need a good pair of earplugs to hear more details.

What's the average file size for an mp3 version of one of these shows. I wanna know if I'm even getting close on these downloads or if there's no hope...

for 320 mp3 I have

Krakow - 136 meg

Brussels - 150 meg

Dublin - 172 meg

Utrecht - 143 meg

dude, the show sounded fucking amazing in person. did you see them live recently?

edit: re, Jev (!?)

I was in Krakow. It was absolutely horrible (written a rant about that right after the show).

in some spaces this probably did happen but I think plenty of places they played at had sound and room acoustics very much capable of allowing the audience to hear most of the details

There is not a single recording of this tour that would capture those details heard in soundboards recordings. And because we can trust the microphones, I don't believe anybody (apart maybe those who were suicidal enough and stood really close to the speakers) were able to hear the details that we are able to hear now in the soundboards. So super-subtle details (and I am listening on AKG K701 now) that any reverberation at all must have killed it.

for 320 mp3 I have

Krakow - 136 meg

Brussels - 150 meg

Dublin - 172 meg

Utrecht - 143 meg

Nice... I chose the smallest just by chance!

This 100x. I don't think it's outrageous to say that listening to these at home is more ideal than in a live setting for a handful of reasons minus the crowd energy.

Absolutely. AE is a headphones cult for me.

the fact that they did all this with max/msp is pretty incredible.

Are you sure they wrote all these patches in max? I seem to recall them saying they've written software to make all their music with which certainly implies max/msp but I don't recall them explicitly saying so.

They've stated that they use Max several times in interviews, and I think they did so in AAA, so it makes sense to infer that Max is involved in these live sets as well. I think Sean's vape is a pretty big part of the set, too.

Do they do all their music in Max? I'd really like to know how much of their music is made with Max and how much is hardware, but they seem to be pretty secretive about that.

are you asking if the sounds are generated solely using max/msp? you can process hardware sounds, samples, etc. using max... i don't think they're very strict about what sources their using.

and to drillkicker, why is this a bad thing? what are you going on about? this is fucking gold... you're expecting it for free?

I think it's a bad idea to exclude people from being able to buy it for something so petty. I don't pay much attention to social media, so I never saw Warp's tweets about this. I believe that if they were to reward people for signing up, they should give them something for free. Either that, or they put something in a store that everybody can access. Charging people on top of excluding others doesn't seem like a wise combination, especially when torrent trackers or streaming sites exist that people will inevitably use to access the soundboards if they didn't sign up for the mailing list. Bleep is alienating people who don't keep up with Twitter, and not even offering a pre-order or anything to those who missed it.

their show at metro in chicago had great sound. you just need a good pair of earplugs to hear more details.

I had my Alpines. Did not help.

But anyway, I don't want to derail the thread. I have already written posts about this issue and don't wanna kill the good vibes we all are getting now.

I think Sean's vape is a pretty big part of the set, too.

lol

I think it's a bad idea to exclude people from being able to buy it for something so petty. I don't pay much attention to social media, so I never saw Warp's tweets about this. I believe that if they were to reward people for signing up, they should give them something for free. Either that, or they put something in a store that everybody can access. Charging people on top of excluding others doesn't seem like a wise combination, especially when torrent trackers or streaming sites exist that people will inevitably use to access the soundboards if they didn't sign up for the mailing list. Bleep is alienating people who don't keep up with Twitter, and not even offering a pre-order or anything to those who missed it.

Yeah. I see it from a dev perspective to keep the server load down, but 24 hours of notice is a little on the unreasonable side.

well that kind of autistic approach is silly (MUST HEAR ALL THE DETAILS OTHER HUMANS FUCK UP THE DETAILS) but I am totally grooving to this krakow set on my nice monitors. It is insane how talented these guys are.

Are you sure they wrote all these patches in max? I seem to recall them saying they've written software to make all their music with which certainly implies max/msp but I don't recall them explicitly saying so.

They've stated that they use Max several times in interviews, and I think they did so in AAA, so it makes sense to infer that Max is involved in these live sets as well. I think Sean's vape is a pretty big part of the set, too.

Do they do all their music in Max? I'd really like to know how much of their music is made with Max and how much is hardware, but they seem to be pretty secretive about that.

are you asking if the sounds are generated solely using max/msp? you can process hardware sounds, samples, etc. using max... i don't think they're very strict about what sources their using.

and to drillkicker, why is this a bad thing? what are you going on about? this is fucking gold... you're expecting it for free?

Judging by all the problems, I think it's obvious this is just a test of their brand new online store. Once it's working properly it'll open up to everyone else and be advertised properly I'm sure. This isn't some super-secret exclusive club lol

well that kind of autistic approach is silly (MUST HEAR ALL THE DETAILS OTHER HUMANS FUCK UP THE DETAILS) but I am totally grooving to this krakow set on my nice monitors. It is insane how talented these guys are.

Holy fuck, man.

THE DETAILS ARE THE COMPOSITION.

Seriously.

dude, the show sounded fucking amazing in person. did you see them live recently?

edit: re, Jev (!?)

I was in Krakow. It was absolutely horrible (written a rant about that right after the show).

There is not a single recording of this tour that would capture those details heard in soundboards recordings. And because we can trust the microphones, I don't believe anybody (apart maybe those who were suicidal enough and stood really close to the speakers) were able to hear the details that we are able to hear now in the soundboards. So super-subtle details (and I am listening on AKG K701 now) that any reverberation at all must have killed it.

I would say, without hesitation, that the sound in Denver was well-crisp and clean.. to the extent that much of the 'wow' factor was because of the level of detail going on in the room, and because it sounded so massive.. the depth of sound was not so obscured by the "acoustic limitations"

There's also an argument to be made that their music lends itself to repeated listens. Also for all the anticipation of their live show this year, it's a little bit disappointing for it to be so fleeting. Especially when their set is as short as it is.

I didn't have to subscribe to this, got the email anyway, presumably they sent it out to anyone who bought off bleep or something, handy as I missed this thread.

That's odd. I bought Exai, Bleep 10, and R Plus Seven and didn't get an email.

Judging by all the problems, I think it's obvious this is just a test of their brand new online store. Once it's working properly it'll open up to everyone else and be advertised properly I'm sure. This isn't some super-secret exclusive club lol

Then it would have been better to offer something other than full, remastered soundboards, because it seems like a super-secret exclusive club.

Archived