IGNORED

EU

Guest WNS000

I personally know a Muslim guy.

picard-slow-clap.gif

Cheap shot, mate. The experience was about the Muslim guy. It should be more striking to you that it takes only one try to actually find a Muslim that has fundamental views. Also, "know a Muslim guy" means in my context that I actually discuss controversial stuff about his religion with him. You can know many Muslims but if you just take them as mates for going out then that is not much of an experience in my book. I cannot imagine anybody on WATMM actually giving potentially triggering questions to their Muslim friends.

Interesting fact, the Muslim guy condemns terrorism so he naturally considers himself "peaceful" and "moderate". Yet he believes in Sharia...

So yeah, try again.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WNS000

The sooner people understand that many Muslims don't consider killing (or punishing) of apostates and LGBT people as evil (and therefore considering themselves peaceful and moderate) the better.

Guest WNS000

the thought of you actually drawing smiling flowers and hearts on MSPaint is heart warming. Taking a break from heated political discussion to draw a cute lil flower

Yeah! It was actually quite fun and relaxing!

Guest WNS000

Munich update:

"The suspect was an 18-year-old Iranian who lived in Munich, police told a news conference, but his motive is unclear."

bbc.com

You have an utter lack of knowledge concerning history and biology.

You will have to be more specific than that. Very interested to see what you got. Hopefully you are also educated in psychology, psychiatry and neurology.

Still waiting for a cogent argument.

picard-slow-clap.gif

Cheap shot, mate. The experience was about the Muslim guy. It should be more striking to you that it takes only one try to actually find a Muslim that has fundamental views. Also, "know a Muslim guy" means in my context that I actually discuss controversial stuff about his religion with him. You can know many Muslims but if you just take them as mates for going out then that is not much of an experience in my book. I cannot imagine anybody on WATMM actually giving potentially triggering questions to their Muslim friends.

Interesting fact, the Muslim guy condemns terrorism so he naturally considers himself "peaceful" and "moderate". Yet he believes in Sharia...

So yeah, try again.

It's that easy? I've obviously not been trying hard enough.

What the hell is there to argue? It's not the fault of a dogmatic set of principals that are originally inherent in the teachings of the Quran. End of story, the argument of the religion being at fault falls by the wayside. If you've ever skimmed it, it's not all that different from the bible and even a bit more uplifting than the usual Judeo-Christian teachings. All this leads to the point that there are just very angry and reactionary people in the world who twist supposed 'holy' words to fit their weird emotions or craziness. No different than Christian crazies or really any extremist faction. It's the perversion of 'faith' that leads to incomplete people doing atrocious things and has for centuries.

How are we still on this topic? Painting in such broad strokes as "it's the religion's fault, bad religion, baaaaad" is completely missing the multitude of other reasons that reactionary and extremest 'terror' groups exist and continue to gather influence in places of the world that are war-torn, undereducated and pissed. For a triple threat like yourself, Jev2.0, I don't know how you're still arguing that point. It's not the suggestion that a religion may be responsible for the acts of shitty people that people can't wrap their heads around, it's more the complete lack of cognition and bigger-picture that someone like yourself must have to spout such nonsense above the multitude of other reasons things like this happen and keep happening.

If you mention Sam Harris, I swear to god...

:catrage:

I personally know a Muslim guy. Smiling, friendly, university education, no poverty (studying abroad in Europe). Believes in Sharia; absolutely cannot comprehend atheists, homosexuality and free sex; Quran is 100% pure, Muhammad too; European culture is completely opposite to his. I wasn't prepared yet to ask him about stoning for adultery and forced marriages.

Anecdotally all my Polish mates are way more (openly) racist, homophobic and violent than any musulmen I know. So fuck?

Not surprising. Are they also keen on actually killing homosexuals and apostates (meaning would they support such laws)? We are talking Sharia here, not regular idiots having stupid opinions.

No, but neither are my muselmen pals

Sharia law will never be implemented in Europe. Or Russia, us, china etc etc. Never. It's not even implemented in most musulman majority countries. You can fuck as many (musulmen)men as you like in jordan. Or lebanon, tunisia etc etc.

You dont need to worry about it.

Dunno how many times it's been pointed out to you that they aren't one massive dave monolithic group...youre basing your entire view on a billion+ people people off of one cunt you met, some scary graphs, and some highly publicised world news events

Btw I agree it's a crap idea to take loads of unskilled uneducated people from backwards-as-fuck countries with no plan as to what happens next.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/691589/Britain-BOOMS-EU-vote-economy-economic-news-Brexit

Britain BOOMS after EU vote: Ignore the doom-mongers…it’s good news all round BRITAIN has been boosted by a host of positive economic reports putting paid to scaremongers who promised a financial crisis if we left the EU.

i found this headline pretty funny. i dont know how anyone could possibly read it and not just think 'im being shouted at like im a complete fucking idiot here'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/691589/Britain-BOOMS-EU-vote-economy-economic-news-Brexit

Britain BOOMS after EU vote: Ignore the doom-mongers…it’s good news all round BRITAIN has been boosted by a host of positive economic reports putting paid to scaremongers who promised a financial crisis if we left the EU.

i found this headline pretty funny. i dont know how anyone could possibly read it and not just think 'im being shouted at like im a complete fucking idiot here'

Too soon to call whether the effect is either pos. of neg. The UK hasn't even left the EU. So a bit silly to make any assumptions at this point. It'll take at least a couple of years.

Here's some bad news to balance things out:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-aftermath-united-kingdom-flash-pmi-july-2016-7

Guest WNS000

What the hell is there to argue? It's not the fault of a dogmatic set of principals that are originally inherent in the teachings of the Quran. End of story, the argument of the religion being at fault falls by the wayside. If you've ever skimmed it, it's not all that different from the bible and even a bit more uplifting than the usual Judeo-Christian teachings. All this leads to the point that there are just very angry and reactionary people in the world who twist supposed 'holy' words to fit their weird emotions or craziness. No different than Christian crazies or really any extremist faction. It's the perversion of 'faith' that leads to incomplete people doing atrocious things and has for centuries.

How are we still on this topic? Painting in such broad strokes as "it's the religion's fault, bad religion, baaaaad" is completely missing the multitude of other reasons that reactionary and extremest 'terror' groups exist and continue to gather influence in places of the world that are war-torn, undereducated and pissed. For a triple threat like yourself, Jev2.0, I don't know how you're still arguing that point. It's not the suggestion that a religion may be responsible for the acts of shitty people that people can't wrap their heads around, it's more the complete lack of cognition and bigger-picture that someone like yourself must have to spout such nonsense above the multitude of other reasons things like this happen and keep happening.

If you mention Sam Harris, I swear to god...

:catrage:

I personally know a Muslim guy. Smiling, friendly, university education, no poverty (studying abroad in Europe). Believes in Sharia; absolutely cannot comprehend atheists, homosexuality and free sex; Quran is 100% pure, Muhammad too; European culture is completely opposite to his. I wasn't prepared yet to ask him about stoning for adultery and forced marriages.

Anecdotally all my Polish mates are way more (openly) racist, homophobic and violent than any musulmen I know. So fuck?

Not surprising. Are they also keen on actually killing homosexuals and apostates (meaning would they support such laws)? We are talking Sharia here, not regular idiots having stupid opinions.

No, but neither are my muselmen pals

Sharia law will never be implemented in Europe. Or Russia, us, china etc etc. Never. It's not even implemented in most musulman majority countries. You can fuck as many (musulmen)men as you like in jordan. Or lebanon, tunisia etc etc.

You dont need to worry about it.

Dunno how many times it's been pointed out to you that they aren't one massive dave monolithic group...youre basing your entire view on a billion+ people people off of one cunt you met, some scary graphs, and some highly publicised world news events

Btw I agree it's a crap idea to take loads of unskilled uneducated people from backwards-as-fuck countries with no plan as to what happens next.

If you take many Muslims to Europe and most of them (according to the graph) believes in Sharia, then you substantially increase the risk of individual attacks in the name of Islam. Muslims with such fundamental views are easily offended (cartoons) and by accepting them you increase their strength as a community so when a fundamental leader steps in, it will be much harder to control them and society becomes more unstable. By accepting Muslims who believes in Sharia (and other stuff) you also directly threatens the rights of women, LGBT community, atheists, cartoonists and free speech in general. They are going to be very vocal about what offends them and stupid liberals will eventually agree to create compromises in free speech in order to shut their mouths. By accepting such Muslims to Europe, you also create parallel societies because strong cultures with strong ideals and identity will create parallel societies and Muslims do it all the time in Europe. They implement their own laws within those communities (documented, proven fact - for example some Turkish communities in Germany) where it is much easier to radicalise people and oppress women and cover-up honour killings. So it is not only about Sharia becoming the law in Europe (which as you said is unlikely in the near future). It is a multitude of things destabilising society and creating deep rooted, long-term problems and divides in Europe. The only Muslims that should be allowed to come to Europe are those who have similarly liberal values as liberal Europeans (some young Turks, some of rich Iranians etc.). There should be absolutely no compromises by Europe in this issue. I would also require the same for any fundamental religious society in Europe (hard-core Jews in Britain for example).

For me it is actually very important what every single Muslim thinks and believes in because that is what in the long run shapes a society.

Check this (I think from Norway):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV710c1dgpU

Guest WNS000

picard-slow-clap.gif

So yeah, try again.

It's that easy? I've obviously not been trying hard enough.

It is. It is just your liberal fear of triggering somebody preventing you from actually asking them.

This german attack seems to be more Columbine than ISIS. ISIS have just killed over 60 people in Afghanistan though, these guys continue to be far more a problem for other Muslims than they do to Europe, for the time being. Immigration isn't the problem here, once ISIS are defeated in Iraq and Syria in the coming year or so I think we'll start to see them make more serious efforts to attack Europe, and shutting down immigration isn't going to make any difference to that.

Guest WNS000

This german attack seems to be more Columbine than ISIS.

Yes, it actually seems like that. Which leads me to that there is the other side that really pisses me off. Regular idiots in discussions commenting that the fact the shooter was a psychiatric case on medication is an attempt by western propaganda to defend Islam. Such approach from public does not help the issue either. I mean if he shouted Allah Akbar isn't really important if the guy is crazy in the first place and is going postal on Breivik's shooting anniversary. But I can imagine ISIS now trying to claim the responsibility for the attack in order to make themselves feel more powerful in the eye of uninformed public.

This german attack seems to be more Columbine than ISIS. ISIS have just killed over 60 people in Afghanistan though, these guys continue to be far more a problem for other Muslims than they do to Europe, for the time being. Immigration isn't the problem here, once ISIS are defeated in Iraq and Syria in the coming year or so I think we'll start to see them make more serious efforts to attack Europe, and shutting down immigration isn't going to make any difference to that.

Shutting down immigration will not prevent already present terrorists from attacking but it will prevent new terrorists from coming. Also, the less Muslims in Europe, the easier identification of suspects.

I agree with your prediction of increasing attacks in parallel with ISIS losing ground though. Good point.

Shutting down immigration will not prevent already present terrorists from attacking but it will prevent new terrorists from coming. Also, the less Muslims in Europe, the easier identification of suspects.

No it won't, if a committed jihadist wants to get into Europe they will find a way, the tougher the immigration policies the more effort it might take, they'll still find a way though (and most likely they'll find it pretty easy to use various existing criminal people smuggling routes in).

And to say it would make it easier to identify them is ridiculous. You cannot effectively racially profile terrorists (never mind the moral arguments about whether such a thing would be acceptable - it wouldn't) because they can easily change their appearance to blend in if there were such policies in place (many north-africans/middle eastern people could easily pass as southern europeans, and there are also plenty of northern european jihadists if they needed them as well).

Archived