IGNORED

EU

Who was the guy that was calling muslims muselmen, like not as a joke? Can we have that nutcase back?

That's just the actual term for them in many languages (french and german for example), it's not some kind of racial epithet.
article-0-0F10988700000578-244_634x729.j

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

auxien, my dude. let's go do some genocide tonight. meet @ ClubAlco 9pm

I can't get no love? Is it cause I'm a globalist?

I'm bringing the coke and moonshine, we gonna war so hard u guys it's so on i know a stripper it's her night off who can totally show up too if you guys want ya know ClubALCO is where all the ladies love to be

I can't get no love? Is it cause I'm a globalist?

I'm bringing the coke and moonshine, we gonna war so hard u guys it's so on i know a stripper it's her night off who can totally show up too if you guys want ya know ClubALCO is where all the ladies love to be

btw the AlcoClubCard gets you 20% off a subscription to Pravda.

Who was the guy that was calling muslims muselmen, like not as a joke? Can we have that nutcase back?

That's just the actual term for them in many languages (french and german for example), it's not some kind of racial epithet.
I typically call them "arabesques" or "jinn" imo

Lol. Saracens

Lol. Saracens

Orientals for more formal ocassional.

it's odd that you think these contexts have some kind of "knocking down" effect.

I can tell from what you write that you've never actually read anything the guy has written. I don't know why I should be the go between here, maybe you should just actually read the guy for yourself if you're so obsessed with him. Maybe it would just be a waste of time though, maybe I'm giving you too much credit.

so, Harris says "we are at war with Islam." But not "all Islam." Just the Islam "prescribed to all Muslims in the Koran." Oh. Cool story. So when he says "we are at war with Islam" he means we're not at war with Islam, just those Muslims that take the Koran literally. not Islam per se. Fucking deep.

It's not all that deep, more like blindingly fucking obvious. It's the fact that pointing this out results in people being innacurately labelled as Islamophobes, bigots and racists that is far more interesting. The fact that these smear tactics are used as cover for some pretty reprehensible conservative Islamic groups, who have both direct and indirect links with Islamist extremists, people who share platforms with far-left nutters all over the globe, that's what's deep here.

So we should definitely profile people who look Muslim. But this means "every man on the planet." Genuine lol there. So yes, profile people who look Muslim. Definitely. But literally everyone looks Muslim. So he's just saying profile everyone. Incredible concept.

No that's not what he's saying at all (surprise!), what he's talking about is negative profiling, i.e. excluding babies and 90 year old japanese ladies, etc. Not sure I agree that it's an effective strategy, but it's not racist, or even slightly bigoted. Again, we've already had this conversation, try and pay attention this time.

He publicly proclaims he would pick Carson over Chomsky as potus (lol, another deep insight). But it's a scandal that Carson was a candidate. He's an "imbecile" but he's a more apt candidate than Chomsky, who is not a politician or a presidential candidate but is an intellectual and activist. Incredible, fascinating commentary.

He was just having a dig at Chomsky, who certainly deserves having a more than a few digs levelled at him for his ridiculously naive views on geopolitics. To break down the dig for you in case you still aren't following: carson is a giant imbecile, chomsky is an even bigger imbecile.

He thinks in popular western discourse fascists speak "most sensibly" about Islam. But he just means compared to pc liberals, fascists are less unreasonable. It's a shame liberals are not as sensible as fascist bc fascists are totes dicks and stuff. it's not his fault they're right. it's hard to even poke fun at this nonsense, man. it's so fucking stupid.

You can't stop the twisting, can you? 'liberals not as sensible as fascists'?!? lol. The only stupid thing here is your sophmoric attempts at satire. It genuinely is a shame that certain liberals are on the wrong side of an issue compared to fascists, that really should be something that worries people (though many are illiberal marxists of varying stripes, so less surprising there I guess).

if you want to champion this guy be my guest, but itt you've done nothing but soften his deliberately proactive claims into inane trivialities (which bizarrely strike you as intelligent).

Actually, what I have done is point out that he's not really said much that is deliberately provocative at all. What should be provocative is that people who are supposed to be championing liberal values of tollerance, human rights, freedom of expression, freedom from tyranny are in many cases in league with people oppressing those rights all over the muslim world. Your failure to realise this seems to come from your failure to read and understand not only what I am writing, but what he is actually writing as well. I don't believe you've read a single long form piece of writing from the guy, just moronic smears from your alternet, slate, and the like.

sam harris clearly means to be provocative in everyone of those examples and numerous others. it's why he phrases things in the way he does and not in a more sophisticated manner. "We are at war with Islam" and "profile people who look Muslim" and "Id vote for Carson over Chomsky" etc are deliberately meant to be provocative. The fact that he tries to scale back the thrust of those pronouncements with tepid qualifications, often ex post facto, does not make them any less incendiary and obnoxious.

your closing sentiments do not ring true in light of your consistent apologetics for some one who consistently betrays a contempt for the very liberal values you'd like to champion. I believe harris's performance in his petulant correspondence with Chomsky reveals quite enough about the integrity of his values. and whether you "believe" I've read anything beyond slate articles or whatever is irrelevant.

btw last week you left your copy of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion at the Clubhouse and i let Corbyn borrow it. he says he'll be around this eve but my understanding is that he's abandoned all principalled activity in order to devote himself to Pokemon Go.

wololo

Lol. Saracens

Mohammedans

btw last week you left your copy of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion at the Clubhouse and i let Corbyn borrow it. he says he'll be around this eve but my understanding is that he's abandoned all principalled activity in order to devote himself to Pokemon Go.

wololo

Lol. Saracens

Mohammedans

Islamites

wololo

Lol. Saracens

Mohammedans

Islamites

Moors

Muslimic extremics

if theres 1 thing +ve about Brexit & the whole sorry EU omnishambles, its been Michael cunting Gove's career being temporarily castrated

if i drank alcohol his downfall would have been sweetly toasted with a cognac or twelfty

sorry, please continue......

wololo

Lol. Saracens

Mohammedans

Islamites

Moors

Not to be confused with Hindoos

wololo

Lol. Saracens

Mohammedans

Islamites

Moors

Moops

that's 180 degrees wrong

that's 180 degrees wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musulman

that's 180 degrees wrong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musulman

TIL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muselmann

edit: not disagreeing with you entirely, but I think the term "Musulman" is probably archaic - I remember reading it in older history books.

"starving prisoner who resigned all will to live BTW ALSO MUSLIM" sure is an insult - tbh I was not aware of the ww2 origin either. There's probably a reason why this word isn't used anymore.

TIL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muselmann

edit: not disagreeing with you entirely, but I think the term "Musulman" is probably archaic - I remember reading it in older history books.

It is archaic in English, dated but not completely out of use in German, and still normal and widely in use in many other languages. The guy who used it initially on here was German I believe.

Archived