• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the 'missing' London show!

I'm a member of the Southbank Centre and got an email today:

Priority Booking: Autechre
On sale to Members and Supporters Circle from 10am Wed 8 Jun

Fri 25 Nov

Immerse yourself in live electronic music – in the pitch dark.

Electronic music group Autechre consists of Rob Brown and Sean Booth, of Rochdale, Greater Manchester.

Formed in 1987, the duo has evolved from roots in techno, electro and hip-hop to complex patterns of rhythm and subdued melodies.

The Autechre live experience plunges Royal Festival Hall into total darkness for heightened musical listening.

All seated venue - quite a departure for them I'd say...

Guest bitroast

50 pounds for priority booking is absurd and my prayers are with all u true autechre fans who potentially have trouble (or at very least, stress) in securing general sale tickets.

cleaning out everything from autechre bleepstores should = true priority ticket purchasing.

I got a ticket for the Helsinki gig but it's so far ahead in the future I have no idea if I can make it. Anyway, got it practically free since I could use my "cultural vouchers" or whatever they are called in English.

Thing is, I am an Autechre fan but I already have tickets to Brighton (where I live) so won't be doubling up on London. I could, however, use my SBC membership to get a couple of pairs of seats in the front row or thereabouts if anyone is interested? Face value of course! I don't imagine the crossover of Autechre heads and members is that high...

Ah nuts Haswell is supporting again.

Still it wouldn't feel like an autechre show without everyone propping up the bar during his set grumbling about how shit it sounds.

QFT, thinking about bringing something more than earplugs to cope with haswells crap before ae starts...

allayall Haswell haterz is basic bitches tbqh

IQSK4Qy.gif?noredirect

THIS

The problem with a lot of Russ' sets is that they aren't loud enough. Certainly whoever was on FOH at that Electric Brixton show got it criminally wrong.

yeh, wish I had covered my ears at the ae show in 2010... feel quite stupid for not having done that tbh

not hatin', it's fun, though not as opener for autechre imo...

The problem with a lot of Russ' sets is that they aren't loud enough.

I found his set at Brixton last year unbearably loud.

The problem with a lot of Russ' sets is that they aren't loud enough.

I found his set at Brixton last year unbearably loud.

Whereabouts were you? Maybe it was the space - the sound was hugely variable depending on where I stood for Ae's set...

Haswell's set at brixton sounded great where I was tbh (up near the ceiling at the back) as it was reverberating around the whole venue. Was getting great 3d synaesthesic response

Thing is, I am an Autechre fan but I already have tickets to Brighton (where I live) so won't be doubling up on London. I could, however, use my SBC membership to get a couple of pairs of seats in the front row or thereabouts if anyone is interested? Face value of course! I don't imagine the crossover of Autechre heads and members is that high...

i've already booked my flight to london. if i don't find a ticket it would just be a trip about beers and blood sausages.

so i'm interrested, how could we work this out?

Archived