IGNORED

We're Dropping The Blogs - Is That OK?

Joyrex

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how did the word blog come about? what a gruesome word really. what is the origin please?

web-log.

web-journal would have given us bjourna, so it could be worse.

I totally forgot about blogs. I just.. didn't think about it. If it was a more apparent feature of the site I wouldn't have forgotten about it. Or there was something to remind me about its existence. I look thru the status updates, why not the blogs?

Ok this is making me realize I only engage with the surface of the site. I've never clicked on 'downloads' either.... well I probably have but I have no memory of it.

It's kinda like how my eyes pay attention to people's posts and not their signatures, my brain just glances over it.

I wish more people had been interested (or, I guess, more people had made blogs interesting so that people would've been interested...) in the blogs, because I thought it'd be an interesting version of what already happens on WATMM. Alas no one touches the damned things as they are. Maybe if there'd been a blog section pushed more to the forefront? But you can't force the will of the people, if we're considering WATMMers people :emotawesomepm9:

Well, the new site will have a proper front page that will be a mixture of news, posts from the forum, and I suppose blogs as well - I admit we didn't promote them as much as we could have, and I was surprised more people didn't use them to promote their own music from within the WATMM community (which is what I thought they'd be used for primarily). The new site software brings enhancements to them, so perhaps we should give them a second chance, and see how they do.

Also, you fuckers are trolling HARD - made me smile. Good job!

Yeah, maybe bringing them in once the new site is solid could be good? I dunno, not sure how the new forum works of course. Options are always good IMO, but if we didn't have the blogs it's not a big deal in this case.

I wish more people had been interested (or, I guess, more people had made blogs interesting so that people would've been interested...) in the blogs, because I thought it'd be an interesting version of what already happens on WATMM. Alas no one touches the damned things as they are. Maybe if there'd been a blog section pushed more to the forefront? But you can't force the will of the people, if we're considering WATMMers people :emotawesomepm9:

Well, the new site will have a proper front page that will be a mixture of news, posts from the forum, and I suppose blogs as well - I admit we didn't promote them as much as we could have, and I was surprised more people didn't use them to promote their own music from within the WATMM community (which is what I thought they'd be used for primarily). The new site software brings enhancements to them, so perhaps we should give them a second chance, and see how they do.

Also, you fuckers are trolling HARD - made me smile. Good job!

how about making a poll to see if people would use them? I think I would :)

how did the word blog come about? what a gruesome word really. what is the origin please?

web-log.

:)))) seems depressive, that. when i say the blog word i say it in the low low low voice with the extended o's :) posting in the internets is always a bit depressive.. i am depressed now. ...eat large dicks watmm :)))

ok so I am pretty upset about this because I hae spent the last 3 years writing a blog entry I was planning on posting and now yo pull the rug from nder my feet y life is ruined

why is "eat large dicks" an insult... you wouldnt say "eat huge pussy" as an insult ukno, gotta think of our gay brothers

[/nwae]

it's probably more uncomfortable than insulting.

web-log.

:)))) seems depressive, that. when i say the blog word i say it in the low low low voice with the extended o's :) posting in the internets is always a bit depressive.. i am depressed now. ...eat large dicks watmm :)))

this reads like a cry for help. has me even wondering what the sudden change in font means. copy paste? failed chat bot?

they were under utilised, will anyone miss them? probably not. apart from all the funny guys who suddenly decided they want to start one now.

as if anyone really needed further proof that WATMM is a mecca for the hopelessly contrary.

i would not eat a dick of any size. is there a place in the world for a proud heterosexual anymore? i don't know.. no offense to any sex type please... anyway, also, i am not against eating big pussy's, just to set the record straight, as long as there is fair reciprocation.

not against eating big pussy's what?

i'm just trying to be honest and politically correct.

edit: in the effort to stay half on the topic, i'm all for ending the bloogs. i remember when the subject was mentioned first, some years ago as a watmm negative financial liability, and i was all for ending them :)

.....blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogs.

.....blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogs.

ok so I am pretty upset about this because I hae spent the last 3 years writing a blog entry I was planning on posting and now yo pull the rug from nder my feet y life is ruined

lol

Archived